1954 Jaguar XK-120
A beautifully restored ‘54 Jaguar XK-120 Open Two Seater in the classic colors of British Racing Green exterior,
Suede Green interior and tan soft top.
The utterly complete and thorough restoration included:
· New front suspension rubber bushings
· New front & rear suspension rebound bumpers
· New GAZ front shocks
· New rear shock link arms
· New upper & lower ball joints
· New wheel bearings and seals
· New rear spring leather gaiters
· 4 New tires and tubes
· New chrome knockoffs
· New brake wheel cylinders (front and rear)
· New brake dual master cylinder
· New brake stop light switch
· New brake lines
· New brake hoses
Fuel system & cooling
· New fuel tank sender
· New in-tank fuel filter
· New fuel pump
· Carburetors rebuilt with Grose-Jet Valves
· Re-cored radiator
· Water pump rebuilt
· New thermo-controlled electric auxiliary cooling fan
· 6 new pistons, rings and pins (+030)
· New main and rod bearings (+010)
· New small end bushings
· New valve springs
· New tappet hold-down set (Inlet and Exhaust)
· New timing chain, guide and tensioner
· New gaskets, seals and pilot bushing
· New starter & dynamo brushes
· New clutch: (drive plate, driven plate, release bearing)
· Resurfaced flywheel
· Harmonic damper rebuilt
· Re-porcelained exhaust manifolds
· New cloth insulated wiring harnesses(as per original)
· New tri-bar headlamps
· New Lucas driving lights
· New tail lights
· New Original Specification Jaguar Interiors convertible soft top
· New OSJI interior kit
· New weather-stripping throughout
· New Bell stainless steel exhaust system
· Extensive chrome re-plating
· New 12-volt battery (easily returned to twin 6-volt units if desired)
· New Baltic birch floor boards
· New Baltic birch boot boards
· New bumpers (front & rear)
· New windscreen glass & rubber
· New screen washer unit
· lock rebuilt (it actually works)
1954 Jaguar Xk on 2040-cars
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1954 Jaguar XK-120
Jaguar XK for Sale
Auto Services in Ohio
West Main Auto Repair ★★★★★
Top Knotch Automotive ★★★★★
Tom Hatem Automotive ★★★★★
Auto blogTue, 18 Nov 2014 14:30:00 EST
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:13:00 EST
JustDrive will allegedly deliver on the long-promised idea of natural communication between driver and car.
Jaguar Land Rover's all-new InControl system is set to get a big bump as the British company will add a new service called JustDrive, which expands on the smartphone-focused infotainment system by adding a singular voice controller for a wide array of the system's currently available apps.
Since buying Jaguar Land Rover, Indian automaker Tata has generally left its luxury arm's platforms and technology alone. However, those days might be gone. The two of them are gradually growing closer with coordinated development and rumors of shared platforms. And it looks like all of that work and money is finally going to pay off with an actual vehicle in the near future.
According to Australian website Drive, Tata wants to make its cars more attractive to buyers outside of India, and to do that the company knows it must improve quality. The Indian company is being careful, though, because it doesn't want to dilute the Jaguar or Land Rover brands with cheap models. "You're going to see in the future a lot of sharing of technologies and platforms over time, but you won't see a JLR with a Tata badge on it," said Darren Bowler, managing director of Tata's Australian distributor, to Drive.
According to Bowler, these future vehicles are already on the way. Tata and JLR have a global platform in the works for 2017 that both companies could use for cars or crossovers. He also hinted that Jaguar's new Ingenium engines could be shared among the brands in the future, too.
Just yesterday we brought you word that Jaguar was planning to bring something special to the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year - the first product of its Special Operations division - and now we have it right here.
Previewed in concept form last year, Jaguar's big reveal appears to be the production version of the Project 7 show car - an extreme speedster version of the F-Type. Though we still don't have official details, these images leaked courtesy of 4WheelsNews show that the roadster seems to have lost little in the transition from concept to reality.
The bright blue paint job has been replaced by a more British shade of green, but the white trim - including the racing stripes running across (not up) the hood, the grille surround and the number circle on the door - appear to have carried over. As has the D-Type-inspired, fin-like, single raised cowling on the rear deck, though now positioned behind the left-hand driver's seat instead of the right. The wheels are fresh and the front lip spoiler looks even bigger, and the rear wing appears to have been reshaped.