1999 Porsche Boxster Automatic With Hard Top Needs Some Repairs Low Reserve on 2040-cars
Castroville, Texas, United States
Engine:2.5L 2480CC H6 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated
For Sale By:Private Seller
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Trim: Base Convertible 2-Door
Options: Leather Seats, CD Player, Convertible
Drive Type: RWD
Power Options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: Tan
Number of Doors: 2
Number of Cylinders: 6
Selling my 1999 Porsche Boxster. This car has a rare hardtop (worth $2,000) that pops off and has a functional soft top underneath. Perfect for someone who owns cats and is worried they'll damage the top but still wants a convertible (that's why I bought it). Car has a few scratches and dings that are typical of a car this age. Passenger door only unlocks from the inside and the radio is missing the turning nobs but is still fully functional. Otherwise, the car's exterior and interior are in good condition for its age. Car has Automatic Transmission with Tiptronic. Mileage on it is 101,800. Car runs and drives fine, but some repairs are needed (see below). Reserve price set low to accommodate for repairs. Has a CD player, a brand new battery, an ice cold A/C, and includes original owners manual. Spoiler pops up at 60mph or can be brought up with controls inside the vehicle.
Here is a list of mechanical repairs I know this car needs.:
Spark plug tube seals (minor oil leak at seals)
Both CV axle boots (torn and need to be replaced)
Trans. shaft seals (minor trans. leak at seals)
Car is drivable in current condition, and interested parties are more than welcome to come give it a test drive (by appointment only). I asked the Porsche dealership if they thought it would make it from Texas to New Mexico and back without the repairs (since I was planning a trip), and they said yes.
Please feel free to call if you have any questions. My number is (210) 415-9377. My name is Marla.
- This car is also for sale locally, so I reserve the right to pull the listing at any time.
- Inspections on car may be done only before the end of the auction. Once auction is over, car is sold As-Is.
- Due to test drives, mileage may vary slightly from mileage currently listed.
- Your bidding constitutes as a legally binding agreement to purchase this vehicle, should you win the auction.
- You must be 18 years or older to bid on this car.
- This car is being sold As-Is. I have done my best to include descriptions of all known defects for this vehicle. Once the auction is ended, the winning bidder is responsible for all repairs and maintenance for this vehicle.
- Buyer is responsible for paying all taxes and fees associated with their state.
- Buyer is responsible for securing and paying for their own shipping or vehicle pick up.
- Winning bidder must communicate by phone their desired method for shipment so that I may be present when the vehicle is picked up.
- I will accept payment via Certified Cashiers Check, Bank Wire Transfer, or Cash in person. Full payment will need to be made within 7 days of the end of the auction, otherwise I reserve the right to re-list the car.
- Winning bidder must confirm winning bid with $500.00 Non-Refundable Paypal deposit within 3 business days of auction end.
- Title will be delivered to buyer within 21 days of funds received for car.
Porsche Boxster for Sale
- 1999 porsche boxster low miles !!! no reserve
- Boxster s*6 speed*1 owner*carfax cert*books/recs*we finance*fla(US $28,890.00)
- Porsche boxster 2002, blue with grey leather interior(US $13,900.00)
- Boxster pdk leather heated seats one owner low miles convertible red tan(US $37,900.00)
- Roadster-white-19000 mi- sports chronc-carbon fiber interior trim-clean carfax
- 2003 porsche boxster - spyder conversion - one of a kind unique 986 - beautiful(US $27,500.00)
Auto Services in Texas
Whatley Motors ★★★★★
Westside Chevrolet ★★★★★
Westpark Auto ★★★★★
WE BUY CARS ★★★★★
Waco Hyundai ★★★★★
Auto blogThu, 01 Aug 2013
The fiftieth anniversary of the Porsche 911 has been a nearly year-long affair, with unique tributes and even a special anniversary edition with plenty of retro throwbacks. The party is expected to continue through the end of 2013, and if one 911 enthusiast forum is right, we'll see yet another special edition model near the anniversary of the original car's September 1963 debut, when it arrives at next month's Frankfurt Auto Show.
It's called the 911 Blu, and where the 911 50 Years Edition was more expensive than a 911 Carrera S hardtop, the Blu would be an entry level special edition. That's right, a limited run car that actually slots in at the very bottom of the 911 range. According to Porsche forum 911UK.com, the new car would be priced at 74,600 euros ($98,718 at today's rates) or 64,750 pounds. That undercuts the price of a base 911 in Germany by nearly 16,000 euros and in the UK by nearly 8700 pounds (although to be fair, it's roughly identical to the price of a base 911 C2S in the US).
This 911 will reportedly feature a detuned flat-six with 300 horsepower and 211 pound-feet of torque.
How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice. Ask Patrick Dempsey and he'll likely tell you the same secret for landing a role on a hit TV show or, for that matter, driving a Porsche in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
That's because, like McQueen and Newman, Dempsey has earned his place in that rarified field of actors who also race. He's competed in Baja and Grand-Am, co-owns an IndyCar team, and this year returned to Le Mans where he and his teammates Joe Foster and Patrick Long finished fourth in the GTE-Am class behind the wheel of their Porsche 911 RSR.
It's a grueling race, and the fluid transition between drivers behind the wheel is a key element to success. Check out the satirical video below to see how Dempsey and company got ready.
The next time you're waiting for a flight at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, see if you can spot a Porsche Cayenne or Panamera zipping between aircraft on the busy tarmac. The high-performance German vehicles aren't there practicing for an upcoming autocross; they are tasked with whisking some of the airline's most important customers between flights so they can keep their busy schedules intact.
Launched nearly two years ago, the program has proven popular with the automaker, airline and passengers as all benefit from the unique arrangement. Atlanta-based Porsche is able to showcase its cars to Delta's frequent-flying Medallion members, the airline is recognized for providing unusual perks to its high-value customers and those fortunate enough to be surprised with a quick lift are able to make connections without a stressful run through the terminal. Based on its success, the airline is rolling our similar programs in New York, Los Angeles and Minneapolis this month.
And don't think Porsche is the only automaker working with an airline to entice its frequent flyers. Mercedes-Benz ran a program over the summer that offered purchasing and leasing incentives to MileagePlus Premier members of United Airlines, and the two are currently shuttling top fliers around Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport in the automaker's S-Class and GL-Class models.