1993 Nissan Altima Gxe For Parts Or Repair With $500 Of Parts Included! on 2040-cars
Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
Engine:2.4L 2389CC l4 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated
For Sale By:Private Seller
Trim: GXE Sedan 4-Door
Options: CD Player
Safety Features: Driver Airbag
Drive Type: FWD
Power Options: Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
Exterior Color: Green
Interior Color: Tan
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Number of Cylinders: 4
Lovingly maintained single owner 1993 Altima with 175K miles. This isn't some beater that changed hands multiple times and was neglected. I took care of this car myself from day one and would continue driving it as my daily driver if I didn't come into another car. All maintenance was done on schedule, and I did a lot of the wrenching myself and can tell you exactly what is good and bad about this car. No games, full disclosure. The engine is in MINT condition for a car this age, and has had all fluids changed over on schedule throughout the life of the car. Still gets between 28 and 32 MPG. Title in hand. Come with plates and drive it off!
Includes $500 worth of new parts for your wrenching entertainment! Great project car and learning experience. Includes all parts needed for suspension repairs!!
* Left and Right front suspension control arms
* Inner and outer tie rods
* Sway bar end links and bushings
* Left and Right rear quick struts
* Rear sway link
* Ball joint, filters, and various assorted other parts come with it
* Motor is in mint condition. You can see from my picture I took of the oil fill hole, it's clean as a whistle, and you can still read the markings in the crankcase. (no sludge, no crud). Still drives like new with great pickup. Doesn't burn oil or run like a dog.
* Recent starter, clutch master/slave cylinders, front quick struts, fuel filter, o2 sensor, distributor.
* Timing chain, not belt
* Four 60K Toyo tires with around 20K on them.
* New battery bought 8/12
* First half of its life was in Florida
* Needs a left wheel bearing
* Needs rear brake drum and pads
* Passenger Power window module needs to be plugged in - window won't roll down with no power
* Rear windows won't roll down - one of the electrical modules is out
* Timing chain rattles slightly against top of cover - known problem with the altima's, and been like that for 100K
* Rust commensurate with a car this age (front floorboard, small rust spots in frame - mostly mitigated by yours truly with a wire brush, rust inhibitor and high heat paint. ). Still passes inspection every year with a 'friendly' tech who doesn't put up on lift.
* A/C doesn't work
* Dented and dinged up a little - not outrageous for a car this age. Minor front fender damage from a fender bender.
* Needs all the aforementioned suspension parts installed
* Radiator has pinhole leak in top - works fine if you don't fill top 1/2 inch with fluid
* Various other minor ailments, not unusual for a car this age.
Nissan Altima for Sale
- 2008 nissan altima se coupe 2-door 3.5l
- 2010 nissan altima 2.5 s sedan auto cruise ctrl 59k mi texas direct auto(US $13,980.00)
- Nissan, altima, automatic transmission, 2002, silver, sunroof, sedan 4-door(US $2,900.00)
- 2007 nissan altima, 6-speed manual, good condition, garage kept, 1 owner -maroon
- 2014 nissan altima 2.5 sl 9k mi leather alloys navi rear cam - free shipping(US $17,950.00)
- 2008 nissan altima
Auto Services in Massachusetts
Tremont Auto Body ★★★★★
Toy Town Auto Salvage ★★★★★
Town Fair Tire ★★★★★
Teta`s Automotive ★★★★★
T N T Repairs ★★★★★
Salem Auto Body Company ★★★★★
Auto blogMon, 17 Mar 2014
Nissan grabbed headlines last year when it debuted the GT-R Nismo and did a blistering 7:08.679 lap around the Nürburgring's Nordschleife. As it turns out, the GT-R that did that round made use of parts that lowered its weight and improved handling. Nissan calls the extras the N-Attack Package, which stands for Nürburgring Attack, and here is a video showing what its upcoming model can do.
The pack makes a variety of changes to make the Nismo GT-R a better handling car. The suspension and brakes are overhauled with Öhlins adjustable dampers, new stabilizer bar and new front brake pads. As you can see the outside is quite different with carbon fiber components replacing the front fenders and hood gurney, plus an adjustable carbon fiber rear wing with angle adjustments and two height settings. The interior gets a carbon fiber rear bulkhead to cut weight as well.
The release date or price for the N-Attack pack hasn't been revealed, but chief vehicle engineer Noboru Kaneko says that the test in the video at Fuji Speedway was to complete "final checks." So the package might not lag too far behind the standard GT-R Nismo. Scroll down to see the Nissan's pinnacle performance car testing on a cloudy day in Japan and read a brief press release about it.
The little yellow guy in the right lane above with the "Flitzer" license plate looks like a Trabant 601 wagon and it's called a Trabant, but it's got little to do with the impoverished East German runabout that did its part to drive Communist ideals further into the ground. You'd almost be forgiven for not knowing there's a turbocharged 3.0-liter engine up front, until you have look at that rear track... and the wheelie bars in back.
So with a power-to-weight ratio akin to an LS9-powered scooter, it's no surprise that the Trabbi puts a pasting on a slightly tuned, 580-horsepower Nissan GT-R - we don't know what happened with Godzilla's shifting, but it was all over from the hole shot. It's still fun to watch, though, and you can do that in the video below.
By now, enthusiasts should be plenty used to seeing the Nissan GT-R passing "lesser" vehicles on the road - and let's face it, that accounts for a good 99-percent of other cars out there. But what about on the racetrack, where GT racers are all homologated to the same general specifications and tuned with an eye toward fairer competition?
Turns out Godzilla is just as formidable an adversary on the track, as demonstrated by this latest video. Shot from inside the cabin of British driver Alex Buncombe's GT3 racer during the Blancpain Endurance Series race at Monza, the video shows what happens (or at least happened this time) when a well-driven GT-R is relegated to the back of the grid - even when that grid is populated by the likes of Porsche, Aston Martin, Lamborghini and McLaren.
Buncombe and his teammates in the Nissan GT Academy Team RJN ultimately finished the race in 13th place, but what's remarkable is that they started way back in 32nd, making up 17 places on the first lap alone. Scope out the frenetic action in the video below.