2002 Mercedes-benz Sl-class Sl 500 Silver Arrow Edition 2dr Convertible on 2040-cars
Warren, Ohio, United States
Engine:5L V8 24V
For Sale By:Private Seller
Fuel Type:Gasoline
Transmission:Automatic
Vehicle Title:Clean
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): WDBFA68F32F203059
Mileage: 75500
Drive Type: RWD
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: Black
Make: Mercedes-Benz
Manufacturer Exterior Color: Desert Silver Metallic (--)
Manufacturer Interior Color: Black (--)
Model: SL-Class
Number of Cylinders: 8
Number of Doors: 2 Doors
Sub Model: SL 500 2dr Convertible
Trim: SL 500 Silver Arrow Edition 2dr Convertible
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class for Sale
1970 mercedes benz sl-class pagoda(US $208,000.00)
2013 mercedes-benz sl-class sl550 2dr convertible 24,252 miles(US $39,888.00)
2022 mercedes-benz sl-class 55 amg(US $102,700.00)
2017 mercedes-benz sl-class amg sl 63 2dr convertible(US $69,900.00)
2015 mercedes-benz sl-class sl400(US $17,950.00)
2022 mercedes-benz sl-class amg sl 55(US $109,950.00)
Auto Services in Ohio
West Chester Autobody Inc ★★★★★
West Chester Autobody ★★★★★
USA Tire & Auto Service Center ★★★★★
Trans-Master Transmissions ★★★★★
Tom & Jerry Auto Service ★★★★★
Tint Works, LLC ★★★★★
Auto blog
Britain orders 10,000 ventilators from F1/McLaren/Mercedes/Ford/Rolls-Royce/Airbus
Mon, Mar 30 2020Paramedics and ambulance personnel get instructions from a command unit outside London's ExCel Centre arena, which is being turned into a 4,000 bed temporary hospital called NHS Nightingale to deal with coronavirus patients. The hospital is due to open Monday, March 30. / AP Â Â LONDON — Britain has ordered 10,000 ventilators from a consortium of leading aerospace, engineering and Formula One racing companies which will start production this week in response to an urgent government call for industry to help save lives. The 27-strong team, including Airbus, BAE Systems, Ford and Rolls-Royce, have joined forces to ramp up production of a ventilator made by Smiths Group, which supports those with complications from COVID-19. The consortium, which also includes seven Formula One teams including McLaren and Mercedes, home to World Champion Lewis Hamilton, said they had pulled staff off existing projects to meet the national need. Some 1,228 people have died from coronavirus in the United Kingdom and a senior health official said on Saturday the country would be doing well if it manages to keep the death toll below 20,000. "This consortium brings together some of the most innovative companies in the world," Dick Elsy, the head of the consortium, said in a statement. "I am confident this consortium has the skills and tools to make a difference and save lives." The United Kingdom, which initially only had 5,000 ventilators available in its National Health Service, has been trying to secure additional supplies after realising it needed 30,000 to cope with the peak of the outbreak. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who is now in isolation in Downing Street after testing positive for coronavirus, made an emergency appeal earlier this month for manufacturers to retool their production lines and start making specialist health equipment including ventilators. Britain now has about 8,000 ventilators, with another 8,000 on order from international manufacturers that are due in coming weeks. Last week it placed an order for a newly-designed model from the vacuum cleaner company Dyson that will need to be approved by the health regulator. Mercedes part of a separate effort, too Separately on Monday a second consortium including Mercedes Formula One and other F1 teams said it had developed in less than a week a new version of a breathing aid that can help coronavirus patients.
Mercedes-AMG GT pressed into service as DTM safety car
Fri, May 29 2015DTM is one of the most competitive, fast-paced touring car series in the world. So to set the pace, the marshals need a pretty fast car as well. And that's just what they got with the new Mercedes-AMG GT pictured here. Marking its debut at the Lausitzring speedway this weekend, the AMG GT S safety car is based closely on the road-going model, but like the version that's already in use in Formula One, it's been modified for safety-car duty. That means a low-profile light bar mounted to a carbon-fiber air scoop on the roof – both tested in a wind tunnel – as well as the front splitter and rear wing from the optional Aerodynamics package, and the optional upgraded rolling stock. Inside it's got racing buckets, six-point harnesses, a flat-bottom steering wheel, and special radio equipment. Otherwise it's essentially the same as the road-going model, right down to the 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 and seven-speed dual clutch transmission. After all, with 510 horsepower on tap, it ought to be able to stay out ahead of the 490-hp touring cars currently competing in DTM. The new safety car replaces the C63 AMG Black Series coupe that Mercedes previously contributed to the effort, and will alternate with the vehicles furnished by rivals Audi and BMW from race to race. Related Video: Mercedes-AMG GT S: new Safety Car for the DTM: From Formula 1® to the DTM Affalterbach. A new Safety Car celebrates its DTM premiere: at the second DTM race at the EuroSpeedway Lausitz (29 to 31 May 2015), the Mercedes-AMG GT S is set to be deployed for the very first time. The new sports car will help to ensure maximum safety on the race track in the world's most popular touring car series. In technical terms, the 375 kW (510 hp) eight-cylinder sports car is for the most part the same as the series production vehicle – just like its counterpart from the FIA Formula 1 World Championship™, the Official Safety Car. In its road-going guise the Mercedes-AMG GT S has turned heads since its market launch in March 2015 and now the sports car is also taking to the DTM stage. The new season of the German Touring Car Masters (DTM) got under way during the first weekend of May in Hockenheim. The second DTM race taking place at the EuroSpeedway Lausitz at the end of May will see the Mercedes-AMG GT S make its first appearance as the official Safety Car.
Geely wants to be a tech-sharing 'friend' of Daimler in $9B bet
Sat, Feb 24 2018Chinese carmaker Geely has built up an almost 10-percent stake in Daimler in a $9 billion bet by its chairman that he can access the Mercedes-Benz owner's technology in the growing battle for the future of automotives. The purchase by Li Shufu, Geely's founder and main owner, means China's largest privately-owned automaker is now the biggest shareholder in Germany's Daimler. Geely said on Saturday there were no plans "for the time being" to raise the stake further. Instead, it will seek to forge an alliance with Daimler, which is developing electric and self-driving vehicles, to respond to the challenge from new competitors such as Tesla, Google and Uber. "No current car industry player is likely to win this battle against the invaders from outside without friends. To achieve and assert technological leadership, one has to adapt a new way of thinking in terms of sharing and combining strength. My investment in Daimler reflects this vision," Li said. "Daimler is pleased to announce that with Li Shufu it could win another long-term orientated shareholder, which is convinced by Daimler's innovation strength, strategy and future potential," the German company said in a statement. Geely officials plan to travel to Stuttgart to meet Daimler executives early next week and also hope to meet top German government officials in Berlin, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters. The Chinese firm plans to use the meetings to underline that it intends to be a supportive long-term investor, they said. Daimler had no immediate comment on any meetings. Geely and the German economy ministry declined to comment. Chinese investors in German technology companies have tended to take a consensual approach, buying incremental stakes in companies such as robotics firms Kuka and Kion, typically after long consultation with management and other stakeholders. In November, Geely asked Daimler to issue new shares so it could buy a stake, as a way to access Mercedes-Benz technology for electric cars and trucks, including battery technology, to help Geely comply with a Chinese crackdown on pollution. But the German company turned down the offer saying it did not want to dilute existing shareholders, sources at the time told Reuters. Li changed tactics, and quietly amassed a stake of 9.69 percent worth $9 billion at Daimler's current share price.











