1971 Vw Baywindow Bus Original Paint & Interior, Rebuilt Engine, No Reserve Van on 2040-cars
Mukilteo, Washington, United States
Classic 71 Baywindow deluxe bus with original paint and interior. The 71 baywindow is the favorite of many as it was the last year of the old style bumpers, tail lights, and type 1 upright motor but the 1st year of the dual port engine with the doghouse fan shroud/oil cooler and power assisted front disc brakes. For you nostalgia buffs this bus was produced during the last week of the 1971 model year (July 23rd 1971, the 72 model year started August 1st).
• Paint/Body/Rust -- 85% Original Sierra Yellow paint is in very good condition, I just got the bus back from having a crunch in left rear corner professionally repaired, a replacement panel welded in for a small rusty area in the drivers floorboard, and the remaining original paint buffed out. Nose and rest of the bodywork and original paint is in very good condition but hey it's a 43 yr old bus and there are some small dents along the sides and in the nose. Undercarriage, dog legs, etc. . . are all in great shape. Way cool skull side view mirrors and roof rack are included, new window rubber front and rear. Cargo floor has been cleaned up and repainted on the inside and is in good shape on the underside.
• Interior -- Original black leatherette interior including middle seat (a rarity among buses these days). There are some tears in the original upholstery you can see in the pics but overall in good shape. How often do you find a bus that has the original middle seat? Headliner in good shape as well.
• Engine -- Was rebuilt in Oct, 2010 and has less than 7,000 miles since then. Year proper 1600cc dual port with doghouse cooler on a dual relief "AE" case, 1 year only 1971 intake manifold with vacuum pickup for brake booster, and pertronix electronic ignition (replaces the points). Bus runs, drives, and shifts nicely.
• Electrical -- Headlights, tail lights, turn signals, interior lights, and horn all work. Battery recently replaced with new one from Costco.
• Wheels/Tires -- 15" alloy wheels with newer Federal Formoza 195/65/15s
• Recent Service -- Recent work done by reputable local shop includes rear brake job (new shoes, wheel cylinders, hoses, e brake cables, and turned drums), new tie rod ends, and valve adjustment/tune up.
• Other -- Clear Washington title, registration good till April 2014.
To do list
• Drivers window doesn't roll down, the window regulator is in there but I haven't got to finding out why it doesn't work but did buy a new window regulator which is included with the bus (in case it's the regulator).
• Brakes work but weren't bled after I got it back from having the rears replaced.
$1500 deposit required within 48 hrs. Happy to work with buyers shipping/transport company, meet driver, help load bus, and will even deliver it to 50 mile radius of my current location which would include the port of Seattle for foreign buyers. I reserve the right to end the auction at any time at the bus is for sale locally.
Can help with shipping to Europe or the UK
We are the largest vehicle shipper on the west coast and ship lots of buses to Europe. FYI, cost to pick up at your place is $600, then $1200 for 1 vehicle in a shared container to Rotterdam, Netherlands, Bremerhaven, Germany or Southampton, UK near London. Shipping includes everything to destination port, except optional marine insurance. There will be charges at destination to unload, clear customs, etc. Another sales tool for you! Any questions, let me know, we are here to help you and your customers ships vehicles internationally. Thanks Steve O'Rourke West Coast Shipping cell 415 940 3043
Contact: Steve O'Rourke - firstname.lastname@example.org Buyer location: 94597
Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon for Sale
- 1969 volkswagen vw bus high top rare not split window bug classic
- 1975 vw transporter rust free nevada bus! clean title - perfect builder!!!!!!!!
- 1981 volkswagen vanagon l westfalia camper 4-speed
- 1968 vw doublecab
- 1960 vw bus in mango green (original paint)
- 1971 vw baywindow bus van rat rod cars hot rod(US $1,895.00)
Auto Services in Washington
Z Sport ★★★★★
Woodinville Auto Repair ★★★★★
West Hills Honda ★★★★★
Walther`s Garage ★★★★★
Timex Automotive ★★★★★
Auto blogSat, 01 Mar 2014
Reports in October 2012 claimed Volkswagen had begun investigating the creation of its own budget brand. This came after having failed to purchase Malaysian car company Proton or produce a meaningful partnership with Suzuki, and after watching Renault-Nissan make piles of euro on Dacia and plot the return of Datsun.
For VW, more important than the question of what to call it was how to build it profitably and in a way that didn't damage the VW brand. According to a report in Autocar, a satisfactory answer still hasn't been found. The hurdle is how to hit "'necessary' quality and safety levels" at the price points needed to make the venture worthwhile. At the time of the 2012 report, German outlet Der Spiegel said VW was trying to get prices down to 6,000 to 8,000 euro ($7,784 to $10,379 US), about two thousand to four thousand euro under the price of the VW Up and in line with the cost of a 6,790-euro Dacia Sandero in Germany.
In March 2013, VW announced, "We want to bring a true budget car to the market in China in the foreseeable future," the most concrete move in that direction after years of planning to make a decision. Working with local Chinese maker FAW, it was predicted that the vehicle in question would appear around 2016, but as of November last year a final vote on it needed to wait until this year because "We are still working on the cost side" and profit possibilities for a car that "has to be durable, it has to be precise, it has to be safe."
According to Automotive News, automakers are expected to manufacture 16 million light vehicles in North America in 2013. That's up 500,000 units from last year and marks the largest number since 2002. The prediction comes courtesy of LMC Automotive and IHS Automotive, which point to the improving US economy as a bellwether for total production. LMC Automotive says North America will produce 16 million vehicles while IHS has a slightly more optimistic forecast of 16.1 million units. A total of seven automakers are slated to increase production on the continent this year. Nissan is set to see the largest jump at 20 percent over last year.
Volkswagen, meanwhile, is one of the only manufacturers predicted to scale back production. Analysts expect the German company's output to fall by 23 percent to 170,000 units, thanks in part to slow demand for the Volkswagen Passat and Jetta.
Racing driver and Top Gear USA host Tanner Foust is a very busy guy. After all, he's competing in rounds of both Global Rallycross series and FIA World Rallycross Championship, not to mention his TV duties. However, we probably shouldn't feel too sorry for him, because his job puts him behind the wheel of some truly crazy machinery.
Case in point is his latest ride in Global Rallycross - the Volkswagen Beetle GRC. The German company claims that this all-wheel drive Bug makes around 540 horsepower from its 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder and can shoot to 60 in under 2 seconds. Plus, if this video is any indication, this Volkswagen sounds like a machine gun when throwing revs at idle, and it can do some wonderfully easy four-wheel drifts.
Previously, Foust was driving a VW Polo for Andretti Autosport in GRC, but the team unveiled the look of the Beetle GRC at the Chicago Auto Show. Now, Foust is finally getting to show off his new office to the public, and like VW's tagline for the new car claims, it's way hotter than Herbie.