For Sale By:Private Seller
Number of Cylinders: V8
Model: Trans Am
Trim: Anniversary Edition
Options: Leather Seats
Drive Type: 4-speed
Power Options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: silver
Reposted, buyer unable to come up with funds. Low reserve less than $20K
WOW! This is an unbelievable find.
Offered for sale is a one owner 1979 tenth Anniversary Edition Firebird Pontiac Trans Am with an incredibly low 22K original miles.
This car is a numbers matching factory four hundred 4-speed purchased new in Arizona and loaded with all the options.
It has all the things you would expect in this timeless beauty, air, power windows, t-tops, 10th anniversary package.
The radio has been upgraded, but I have the original. The tires were just replaced with original Goodyear poly-steel tires. This car was in dry/dark storage for the last 17 years, see photos of condition when found.
It is an original, numbers matching, unrestored, unmolested classic American muscle car.
That's right! This car is a head turner and she still runs and drives excellent.
Only 7,500 hundred of these cars were built. This car is truly a rare find. There may never be another chance like this!
Private party sale, not a dealer. There are still some disclaimers, though.
The car has no title. It has not been registered or smogged since 1996. The car had some minor damage to the right front fender, which resulted in a salvaged title. There is no evidence of the incident. I have the appropriate registration forms and parts (not on the car) for California smog certification. This car is in excellent condition. Power antenna is not operational and air conditioning is not cold.
1. By placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding contract and are committed to purchasing the vehicle described above. The details of this commitment are further outlined in the eBay User Agreement.
2. This seller reserves the right to end this auction early or to cancel bids solely at my discretion and shall not be held liable for any such cancellation.
3. The winning bidder is required to contact me within 24 hours after the close of the auction to finalize the details of the transaction.
4. A $1,000 non-refundable deposit is required within 24 hours after the close of the auction. If this deposit is not received, the vehicle may be made available to the next highest bidder or another qualified buyer on a first come, first served basis.
5. Payment in full is required within 7 days of the close of the auction. If payment is not received the deposit will be retained and the vehicle may be made available to the next highest bidder or another qualified buyer on a first come, first served basis.
6. I have represented this vehicle to the best of my ability. Prospective bidders are encouraged to contact me for additional information or to ask any questions. I am in California. You are welcome to have the car inspected.
8. This vehicle is being sold "AS IS"and has no warranties expressed or implied. All pre-owned vehicles, regardless of age, mileage, or manufacturer are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure.
9. Winning bidder price does not include shipping, state of local tax, title, or registration fees. It is the purchaser's responsibility to pay these fees to the appropriate agency within the time required by your state of residence
10. Acceptable payment is wire transfer or counter credit at my financial institution only. I will not accept any other form of payment.
11. Winning bidder is completely responsible for any shipping of the vehicle. I am flexible and can work with the company you hire to expedite shipping.
Good Luck! Congratulations, to who ever wins the auction on this one!
Pontiac Trans Am for Sale
- 1987 pontiac trans am(US $3,495.00)
- 2002 pontiac firebird trans am ws6
- 1977 pontiac trans am 6.6 w-72 400, auto, tilt, a/c, pwr windows, cruise control(US $16,900.00)
- 1988 pontiac trans am gta "notch back" only 624 made only in 1988
- 1984 trans am knight rider convertible(US $25,000.00)
- 1981 pontiac trans am recaro pace car 1 of 2000 34,717. miles awesome condition
Auto Services in California
World Auto Body Inc ★★★★★
Wilson Way Glass ★★★★★
Wholesale Import Parts ★★★★★
Wheel Works ★★★★★
Auto blogThu, 15 May 2014 09:57:00 EST
The recalls keep rolling in from General Motors, evidently keen to avoid repeating the mistakes of the ignition-switch debacle and clean house. This time they're all coming at once, with five separate recalls announced together covering approximately 2.7 million vehicles.
The largest of the five actions involves over 2.4 million units of the previous-generation Chevrolet Malibu and Malibu Maxx, Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura in order to fix brake light wiring harness, which have been found to be susceptible to corrosion. The recall is separate from the 56k Aura sedans which GM recently recalled over faulty shift cables, not to mention the previous massive recall of 1.3 million vehicles - some of them the same models - but appears to have resulted from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration investigation that started with the G6 almost a year ago.
The second-largest campaign involves the 2014 Chevy Malibu, specifically those fitted with GM's 2.5-liter engine and stop/start system, approximately 140,000 examples of which has been found to have problematic brakes. The issue does not appear to be connected to the recall of 8k Malibu and Buick LaCrosse sedans (also involving brake woes) which we reported upon last week. Four crashes have been reported in such models, but GM admits it's not yet clear if the problem was a contributing factor in the accidents.
General Motors is recalling some 426,240 sedans that may have a faulty transmission shift cable, according to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report this morning. The recall concerns a fault within four-speed automatic transmissions equipped on 2007-2010 Saturn Aura models, and 2008-2010 Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6 models.
The report specifies that tabs on the transmission shift cable may fracture and separate. Such a fault could cause a discrepancy between the actual position of the transmission and the apparent position of the shift lever.
GM is currently working to notify owners of the vehicles in question, and dealers will check and replace shift cables free of charge. Scroll down to read the complete NHTSA report.
Depending on when and where you grew up, the name David Hasselhoff likely conjures up images of Knight Rider, Baywatch, pop singer, or possibly a washed-up TV actor, but one thing that can never be taken away from The Hoff is his connection to one of the greatest automotive icons in pop culture. The Knight Industries Two Thousand, usually shortened to simply KITT, was the real star of Knight Rider for many fans. Based on a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, the car combined snarky quips for comedy relief and stunts to provide much of the show's actions. Now, Julien's Auctions is selling Hasselhoff's own replica as part of a larger sale of the actor's personal memorabilia collection.
This recreation is based on a 1986 Firebird and comes with all of the tech on the inside that now seems hilariously outdated, like the yoke steering wheel and plethora of buttons. The interior also thoughtfully includes a voice box with over 4,000 sound clips from the show. With a 5.0-liter V8 and an automatic transmission, performance is likely adequate and period correct. According to the listing, this car was created by fans and given to the Hoff. Sadly, the replica doesn't convert to Super Pursuit Mode like KITT could in later seasons, and we most associate KITT with conventional front-hinged doors to go with the power t-tops and ejector seats.
Bidding currently sits $27,500 with eight bids, since starting at $15,000. Julien's predicts it will sell for between $30,000 and $50,000. If there is some nostalgia for KITT in your heart, there is still plenty of time to bid.