Up for sale is an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS 1980 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am! This is very rare in that it is a TOTALLY ORIGINAL SURVIVOR! It is all stock with NO MODIFICATIONS! Most Firebirds and Trans Ams from this era have been either beat up, modified, or both. It is very unusual to find one of these all stock. Even has the original radio, not some aftermarket disco era tape player! Believe it or not, this T/A is truly the proverbial "Lady School-teacher" car! It was bought new by a lady teacher in 1980, and she kept it for 33 years! I obtained it, and added it to my car collection early this year. Now, due to some other recent acquisitions, I am offering it for sale. In the 33 years since this car was new, it was only driven 87,000 actual miles. It was always pampered, serviced, and garaged, so in reality, the car could pass, in my opinion, for 40,000! It does not have air conditioning. Here is how this car is equipped:
1. Ontario Gray exterior with Red interior (Rare and striking color combination)
2. 4.9 Liter 301/4bbl Pontiac V8 engine
3. Automatic transmission
4. Power steering and power disc brakes
5. Positraction rear end
6. Rally 2 Wheels
7. Tinted Glass T-Tops (don't leak, still have original storage bags in trunk)
8. Power windows
9. Power locks
10. Tilt steering wheel
11. AM/FM factory radio
12. Large bird on hood
13. Original inflatable "Space Saver" spare tire
14. All books and papers since new!
This lady, being of teacher mentality, saved EVERYTHING! I have the original title for the car, window sticker, books, and every service receipt since the car was new! It was always garaged, driven only on nice days, and was never winter driven in the snow and salt. Car has all original sheet metal, floor pans, etc., and still retains about 80% of its original factory paint! Under the hood, and the trunk compartment are still all original unrestored. Frame rails and underside are also nice original, not scaly. Interior is still bright red original cloth seats and vinyl door panels. Interior has no rips, tears, cracks in dash, etc. Everything still works. There are only a few small nicks in the paint as you would expect on any used car more than a couple years old. Worst thing I see is a small ding in the right front fender, near the word "Trans" on the side decal. Paint is not damaged there, and could most likely be easily and cheaply fixed by the Dent Wizard. I just did not want to mess with the originality of the car. Paint is not faded, and still holds a great shine!
This Trans Am is an AWESOME driver! The 4.9 4bbl engine is higher output, and much more responsive than the typical 4.9 that was put it regular Pontiacs. It starts easily, runs smoothly, does not use oil, and is strong and smooth at all speeds with no unusual noises or issues. Same goes for transmission. Car handles well and is great fun to drive. Gas mileage is much better than expected. I have been getting 19MPG local, and 22MPG highway on regular 87 octane unleaded gas. Amazingly, T-Tops do not leak. Doors close nice and tight, and do not droop or sag like most you see on these cars. This one is smooth and tight, not a rattle trap like most. I have driven this recently on a 200 mile trip with no issues, and would not be afraid to drive it anywhere! Don't miss this opportunity to own a nice original SURVIVOR at a reasonable price!
This is an ideal car for those wanting to enter the "Survivor" class at car shows competitively, or would make a great tour car. For those of you who would require air conditioning, remember that Vintage Air and other similar companies sell modern up to date A/C units that will fit nicely and utilize the existing vents in the car for $1000 to $1200. Also, remember that "Survivor" cars are the up and coming thing in the classic car hobby and hold their value the best. They are only original once! Don't miss this one-of-a-kind-beauty! If you have questions, you may call me at home 518-835-5058 or cell 704-661-1326. Cell service can be hit and miss here, so best to call both and leave word at both.
NO RESERVE! NO RESERVE! NO RESERVE! NO RESERVE!
Now for the rules: If you are not prepared to abide by these rules, please DO NOT BID!
1. Your bid is a contract! If you are the successful bidder, you are expected to pay! Please have all contingencies handled and your money in place BEFORE you bid! No retractions will be allowed, so be sure BEFORE you bid! Please read and understand this: ASK QUESTIONS AND GET ANSWERS BEFORE YOU BID.
2. A $500.00 NON REFUNDABLE partial payment is due immediately through Pay Pal. BALANCE IS DUE WITHIN 6 DAYS of auction's conclusion. This can be by bank wire transfer as well, and is probably the safest method. Let me repeat: Partial payment of $500 due immediately through Pay Pal at auction's end. FULL PAYMENT OF BALANCE DUE WITHIN 6 DAYS OF AUCTION'S END! If you cannot do this, please DO NOT BID!
3. Please note that car and I am currently at my summer residence. This is in upstate NY, about 1 hour west of Albany, and 1.5 hours east of Syracuse.
4. Vehicle and papers will not leave here until paid in full with cleared funds. If you are paying with ANY kind of check, it must clear MY bank before car or ownership will be released. No exceptions! Please note that with all the fraudulent money orders out there, most banks treat them like personal checks and place a 5 to 7 business day hold on them. Wire transfer is the best method. If you are paying balance on pickup, it must be cash in person. No exceptions.
5. Vehicle is sold strictly as-is at my premisies with no guarantee or warranty of any kind.
6. Transportation is the buyer's responsibility. I will try to reasonably help and accommodate you any way I can, but it still YOUR responsibility.
7. If you cannot pick up immediately, that is fine, it can be left here for a reasonable period. However, it still must be paid for within the 6 days, and you should secure insurance as I cannot be responsible for loss or damage due to circumstances beyond my control or act of God.
8. Please ask and get satisfactory answers to all questions BEFORE YOU BID! Since sold strictly as/is, no warranty or returns, once you bid, you have made a binding contract.
9. Car is advertised locally for sale. If I find a buyer through that venue, I reserve the right to end auction early. Please call me at 518-835-5058 with any further questions about this. Leave message if no answer. A lot of times things get sold before listing even ends. You may also try cell at 704-661-1326. Cell service is spotty in this area, so best to call both, and leave message at both.
10. If you have been an Ebay member for less than a year and/or have less than 10 feedbacks, and/or have less than a 95% rating, you MUST contact me BEFORE you bid. Failure to do this may result in my cancelling your bid and blocking you from bidding on my items. I understand that new members can be great customers, but I must talk to you first. Thanks a lot.
I am sorry for all the rules, but it seems that 5% of difficult people spoil it for those who are good. Again, any questions about anything, please feel free to call 518-835-5058 (home) or 704-661-1326 (cell) BEFORE bidding. Call both, and leave messages at both.