2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4.0l 4x4 Locked Front And Rear (tons Of Extras) on 2040-cars
Floyds Knobs, IN, United States
Engine:4.0L Straight 6 Cylinder Gasoline Fuel
For Sale By:Private Seller
Body Type:Sport Utility
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player, Convertible
Trim: X Sport Utility 2-Door
Safety Features: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
Power Options: Air Conditioning
Drive Type: 4WD
Disability Equipped: No
Sub Model: TJ 4.0 X
Exterior Color: Orange
Interior Color: Black
Number of Cylinders: 6
Condition: Used: A vehicle is considered used if it has been registered and issued a title. Used vehicles have had at least one previous owner. The condition of the exterior, interior and engine can vary depending on the vehicle's history. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections. ...
Call or txt Justin
2005 TJ Wrangler 101,000 miles
Grey Soft top
- 4.0 inline 6 cylinder
- Edge Products Trail Jammer with Throttle Body and Intake System
- Part No: 17615.404
- 42RLE 4 Speed Auto Trans replaced 2 months ago, has 4 months left on Warrenty and labor
- 44000 on used Trans, have all receipts, installed professionally, runs like a new one.
- B&M 70266 Super Cooler Automatic Transmission Cooler
- Auto Meter 6949 Cobalt Digital Digital 2-1/16" 0-340 F Transmission Temperature Gauge, Bung weled in pan. Trans stays super super cold
- Has Trans Go Shift Kit installed
- JB Conversions Shorty SYE
- Tom Woods CV Driveshafts FRONT and REAR
- Rubicon D44 Out of 06 Rubicon
- 4.88 Yukon Gear
- Stock AIR Locker
- RCV Performance Products Ultimate Dana 44 CV Front Axle Set
- Extra D44 shafts
- SOLID Diff Cover
- Tube seals with Zerk fittings
- CURRECTLYNC - TJ/LJ/XJ/MJ HEAVY DUTY TIE ROD SYSTEM
- Ford 8.8
- 4340 Chromo shafts
- 4.88 Nitro Gears
- ARB Air Locker
- East Coast Gear C-Clip Elim Kit
- F9 Housing Ends Welded on Not Bolted on
- Set 20 bearings
- SOLID Diff Cover
- Bought from East coast gear, still under 5 year parts/labor warranty. 4 years left.
- Jeep has a custom exhaust which includes:
- MAGNAFLOW Performance High Flow Catalytic Converter
- Flowmaster Super 44 Off-road muffler
- Rubicon Express 3.5 SuperFlex
- Front & Rear Upper Control Arms ADJUSTABLE
- LOWER NON ADJUSTABLE
- Bil-stein 5100 Shocks
- 35 X 12.5 x 15 Mickey Thompson Mzz 60-70 % Tread left
- Spare 33.12.50 15 BFG KM2 (BRAND NEW, 0 MILES!!) Never got around to selling it and getting 35" spare.
- 15 X 8 Cragar 365 Series Black V-5 (GOOD SHAPE) Previous Owner Painted them Flat Black, look good though.
- Spare on Generic 15" Wheel
- ARB On-Board High Performance 12 Volt Air Compressor (CKMA12)(NEW) Runs front and rear Air Lockers, stock front Rubicon locker has adjustable pressure gauge set to 8 or 9 pounds
- Highlift Jack Extreme
- AEV TJ Tummy Tucker Skid Plate
- AEV Automatic Transmission Skid Plate
- Oil Pan Skid - 4.0L Universal
- Gen-Right Rocker Guard Set w/Bars
- LoD Off-road 97-06 Jeep TJ / LJ Signature Series Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier
- Gen-Right Steering Box Skid Plate
THINGS TO BE AWARE OF WHEN BUYING MY JEEP, ASK IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTION:
- Feel free to requst additional pics, i have no problem emailing them to you, but prefer txting them to you being that im a busy person. I also have a short video of the jeep including a walk around and of it running.
- I did not clean the interior at all before taking pics of it. And most to the outside pics were takin without washing, i think this gives u a better idea of what the jeep looks like with out trying to hide anything like you would get if buying from a car dealer. I want you to satisfied and happy with what you get. I am an honest person and expect you to be as well, and honestly if the Jeep was sitting on the lot of a car dealer, they would be asking $19,000 to $20,000. I have over $20,000 in this jeep easy.
- All Seats are in really good shape, no tears, all working properly
- Center Console has a crack in it somehow from my elbow, i didnt notice it until a couple months ago
- Speedometer works sparatic, this happened once before because of JB conversions speed sensor on the SYE. This also makes check engine light come on. You will need to buy a new one of these, they are very cheap and you can probably get one free from JB conversions like i did. When this is fixed the check engine light will go off. (CALL WITH QUESTIONS, EASY AND CHEAP FIX). I will try and fix it myself in the next couple days. If i get it fixed i will update this.
- HEATING AND AIR WORK PERFECT
- Jeep has no carpet, it was removed before i bought it. But this will also make you aware that there is NO RUST.
- You will need to buy floor matts.
- I have the backseat, which is not installed at the moment. I will ship you this as well, or i can install it for you.
- Back seat is in great shape, it was not used much.
- Stock tire carrier was removed due to buying a swing out tire carrier, tail gate was prefessional painted, looks like a new one.
- Jeep has very few minor blemishes and very small scratches, Looks a lot better than most 2005 jeeps.
- Radio is not hooked up to antenna, all you will have to do is connect the wire behind the aftermarket cd player. I have the aftermarket adaptor in the console, just never installed it. I always listen to mp3s from my phone.
- Speakers work fair, good enough for me. But you may want to replace them depending on how you like your music. They are very cheap to buy. Like $30, or high end set $60 per pair, something like that.
- Catalytic converter makes minor rattle at times, due to it rattleing against the aftermarket skid plate, easy fix. I adjusted it a bit, but still rattle a tad. Small Fix, well if u want to fix it. Its not really a fix, just a small adjustment.
- Top is in fair shape, as good as most other 2005 soft top jeeps. You may need to replace it in a couple years. Small tears in pics above hard doors, which the previous owner did by not knowing how to put it up, make sure to look at pics. I recommend the Rampage Soft Top, which i was going to buy before i decided i wanted a camaro again. This is a very popular Soft Top on Jeepforum.com, probably the most popular aftermarket top by jeep enthusiast. And its only about $360, here is the link to buy it on 4WheelParts.com , or there are a bunch of other places to buy it. http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tops/Bowless-Soft-Top.aspx?t_c=75&t_s=459&t_pt=3382&t_pl=104609&t_pn=RPP109535
PLEASE CALL OR TEXT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS, I KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS JEEP. THIS IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE JEEP THAT JUST LOOKS PRETTY. BUT I HAVE TO SAY IT DOES LOOK PRETTY AND BETTER THAN MOST IVE SEEN FOR A 2005. THIS JEEP IS SET UP TO GO WHEELING, AND VERY FEW OUT THERE WILL OUT PREFORM IT OFF ROAD, WELL UNLESS U REALLY GET INTO SERIOUS $$$. THE FRONT AXLE DOES HAVE DISCONNECTS, BUT I DON'T NOT USE THEM, ITS PRETTY STIFF UP FRONT WITH OUT THEM. ALSO THE DISCONNECTS BRACKET WILL HAVE TO BE CUSTOM WELDED ON THE P/S IF U DO WANT TO USE THEM, VERY MINOR JOB, D/S IS FINE. BUT LIKE I SAID, I DROVE EVERYDAY WITHOUT THEM. JEEP DOES NOT HAVE A BODY LIFT, BEING I REALLY DID NOT WANT TO HAVE TO INSTALL ONE, THIS IS TO KEEP THE CENTER OF GRAVITY DOWN LOWER, THE TUMMY TUCKER WAS INSTALLED WITHOUT HAVING TO DO A BODY LIFT, THAT'S REALLY THE MAIN REASON FOR GOING WITH THE AEV TUMMY TUCKER. ALMOST ALL OTHER TRANSFER CASE LIFTS REQUIRE A SMALL BODY LIFT... ABOUT 1". THIS JEEPS HAS ABOUT AS MUCH CLEARANCE UNDER THE TRANSFER SKID AS A JEEP RUNNING 37 TO 39" TIRES. FRONT AND REAR AXLES ARE COMPLETELY LIKE NEW, SORRY EXCEPT FOR THE FRONT RUBICON LOCKER. EVERYTHING WAS BROKEN IN PROPERLY, THE DIFF FLUID CHANGED AT ABOUT 500 TO 750 MILES WITH LUCAS DIFF OIL. FONT AXLE HAS RCV SHAFTS WHICH HAVE A LIFETIME WARRENTY AGAINST BREAKAGE, IF U BREAK ONE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL RCV AND THEY WILL SWAP YOU OUT FOR YOUR BROKEN ONE, THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR FROM DRIVING OF COURSE. THE REAR AXLE (FORD 8.8) WAS BUILT BY EAST COAST GEAR, AND SENT TO ME ON A PALLET, ALL I HAD TO DO WAS INSTALL AND BREAK IN THE GEARS, THERE IS STILL ABOUT 4 YEARS PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY ON THE AXLE, I HAVE TO RECEIPT I CAN SHOW YOU AND OF COURSE GIVE YOU WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF THE JEEP. I BELIEVE THE AXLE COST ME ABOUT $3300 OR $3400 AFTER TAX, I WILL HAVE TO LOOK THAT UP TO BE SURE. TRANSFER CASE FLUID WAS CHANGED ABOUT 15K MILES AGO, TRANSFER CASE HAS A JB CONVERSIONS SUPER SHORT SYE, FOR BETTER DRIVE LINE ANGLES. TRANSMISSION IS LIKE A NEW ONE. THE OLD ONE WENT OUT ON ME DUE TO WELL, BEING OLD AND HEAT I BELIEVE. THE NEW ONE CAME OUT OF A 04 JEEP TJ, WITH ABOUT 40K MILES ON IT. THE TRANS GO SHIFT KIT WAS INSTALLED AND THE TEMP SENSOR WAS INSTALLED IN THE PAN WHEN THE TRANS SWAP WAS DONE. WITH THE LARGE TRANS COOLER I INSTALLED THIS TRANSMISSION SHOULD HAVE A LONG LONG LIFE. IT STAYS VERY COOL AND HAS A DIGITAL GAUGE INSTALLED IN THE CAB LIKE I SAID UP TOP. I USED ROYAL PURPLE FLUID IN THE TRANSMISSION TO HELP TO STAY EVEN COOLER AND HAVE LONG LIFE. SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CHANGE TRANSMISSION FLUID FOR ABOUT ANOTHER 50K TO 60K MILES. I HAPPEN TO BE A BIG FAN OF LUCAS AND ROYAL PURPLE, AND THAT IS PRETTY MUCH THE ONLY THING RUN IN MY JEEP. BOTH THE FRONT AND REAR DRIVE SHAFTS CAME FROM TOM WOODS DRIVE-SHAFT, AND I HAVE RECEIPTS FOR BOTH. THE FRONT DRIVE SHAFT HAD TO BE EITHER BE SHORTENED OR REPLACED WHEN I INSTALLED THE FRONT DANA 44, SO I WENT AHEAD AND BOUGHT A NEW ONE FOR THE EXTRA $150. THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER AND THE MUFFLER HAD TO BE REPLACED DUE TO THE CLEARANCE ISSUE WITH THE SKID PLATES. TURNED OUT TO BE A GREAT UPGRADE, SOUNDS GREAT AND GAVE A BIT BETTER THROTTLE RESPONSE.
I know there is more missing as well. I have all the receipts for the upgrades mods and warranties. All was done by me, moab offroad or mccormick motorsports, all well know service centers for jeeps.
Everything works but the speedometer, which really didn't work when it did work if u follow me. I am a perfectionist when it comes to servicing this jeep, the only reason im selling is because i wanna go back to driving fast cars. THIS JEEP WAS STOCK UP UNTIL ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO, I HAVE DONE ALL UPGRADES SINCE THEN!!
Jeep Wrangler for Sale
Auto Services in Indiana
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers, Wholesale Used Car Dealers
Address: 4151 S Kedzie Ave, Whiting
Phone: (773) 847-8786
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 2695 E Main St, Plainfield
Phone: (317) 839-6554
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 525 David Brown Dr, Castleton
Phone: (866) 869-7884
Auto Repair & Service, Towing, Truck Wrecking
Phone: (812) 663-3159
Auto Repair & Service, Towing
Address: 19948 State Line Rd, Notre-Dame
Phone: (574) 277-7002
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Auto Body Parts
Address: 5115 E 30th St, Wanamaker
Phone: (317) 545-8537
Sun, 03 Mar 2013 19:57:00 EST
What in the world is the vehicle you see above? Well, um... yeah. We have no idea. According to the video description from YouTube, however, it's a modified Jeep Wrangler, and it comes from the same person who created the equally insane side-by-side merged Wrangler you saw here.
Tue, 08 Apr 2014 18:30:00 EST
We can clearly make out the Wrangler-shaped passenger compartment up top, but as for the other bits and pieces that make up this rather amazing machine, your guess is as good as ours. At the very least, it seems to us that the car's wheelbase has been given a significant stretch, and the grille may have come from an International LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition semi truck.
What other components are sourced from the massive International hauler? No idea. We suggest you check out the video below and draw your own conclusions. Oh, and if you've got any other ideas, feel free to let us know in the Comments.
If you've noticed that there have been more recalls than usual this year, you may be on to something. According to a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the US market is on pace to break a record for recalls. In 2013, 22 million cars were recalled. We're only a third of the way through 2014, though, and we've already halved that figure, with 11 million units recalled. That's wild.
Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:56:00 EST
Considering the past few months, it shouldn't be a surprise that General Motors is leading the charge, with six million of the 11 million units recalled coming from one of the General's four brands. Between truck recalls, CUV recalls and the ignition switch recall, 2014 hasn't been a great year for GM.
Other recall leaders include Nissan (one million Sentra and Altima sedans), Honda (900,000 Odyssey minivans), Toyota (over one million units in a few recalls), Volkswagen (150,000 Passat sedans), Chrysler (644,000 Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs) and most recently, Ford (434,000 units, the bulk of which were early Ford Escape CUVs). So while it's been a bad year for GM so far, its competitors aren't doing too well, either.
The Cherokee Is Dead. Long Live The Cherokee.
There are three sentences that, for this reviewer, define what needs to be conveyed about the 2014 Jeep Cherokee. The first: it is very good.
Jeep spent 27 years building the Cherokee and its brand, from 1974 to 2001. Twelve years ago, the Cherokee nameplate rolled away into the distant hills and retirement, at least here in the NAFTA colonies, and it was replaced by a loaded word we knew as "Liberty."