I purchased this survivor only 2 months ago with the intention of restoring but unfortunately, a family member needs help so I am selling in order to do that.
The reason I purchased this vehicle is because it runs really good! The V6 starts right up, the the auto transmission seems to shift fine. All the lights work! Yes, headlights, brake-lights, and turn-signals all work! Heater fan runs and the wipers work. It also has nearly new tires. I don't know exactly how old they are but they have full tread on all 4. In other words, it has the major mechanical in good working order. The cosmetics are another story. As you can see from the pics, it has they typical rust in the typical places (floor, rockers, tail-gate, etc.). The hood also has a crease across it where someone let it flap up against the windshield frame. Not to worry though, I have the following spare body-parts that come with the vehicle. They're used but mostly solid and perfectly usable as replacements or to use sections from if preferred.
- 2 - (both sides) front fenders
- 2 - (both sides) metal door skins
- Various badges, emblems
- Window handles
- Shifter gasket/surround
- Glove-box door
- Brake-light trim pieces
Currently, the vehicle is setup with the half-cab and as you may know, the top is removable, which give you several options. It can be run as a roadster, converted to a soft-top, a full hard-top or fix up the half-cab and leave as is.
***Whenever I list an item I like to list any known issues so there are no surprises, so here is where I reveal all that I know that could be of concern to a potential buyer.
That's it! Wish I could keep it. Good luck!
- There is rust. Floors, rockers and tail-gate are the main areas. Tail-gate is solid but has the rust at the lower edge.
- Seats are pretty far gone. I mean, the padding would need to be replaced before recovering, I think. Not an expert here.
- When looking at the vehicle from behind, it has a slight lean toward the driver side. Not sure if that's a saggy spring or what but it drives ok.
- Exhaust has some leaks. Needs at least some repair if not replaced.
- There is no actual Title on this vehicle. I purchased with a simple bill of sale. Title is not required in Georgia on 1986 and older vehicles. Vehicle is registered to me in Georgia.
Jeep Commando for Sale
Auto Services in Georgia
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Tire Dealers
Address: 1141 W Taylor St, Mcdonough
Phone: (770) 227-1004
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 1148 Franklin Rd SE, Smyrna
Phone: (770) 818-9448
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Accessories, Battery Storage
Address: 903 Keith St NW, Tennga
Phone: (423) 614-0715
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Accessories
Address: 4294 Interstate Dr, Dry-Branch
Phone: (478) 474-6444
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Address: 910 Star Vue Dr SW, Tennga
Phone: (423) 473-9455
Auto Repair & Service
Address: Mobile service, Du-Pont
Phone: (229) 251-2873