Find or Sell Used Cars, Trucks, and SUVs in USA

2001 Toyota Rav4 Base Sport Utility 4-door 2.0l on 2040-cars

Year:2001 Mileage:168012
Location:

Freehold, New Jersey, United States

Freehold, New Jersey, United States
Advertising:

Original owner.   Detailed service records maintained since new.  Car has been well maintained throughout and is in excellent running condition.   Only major repair was a rebuilt transmission at 160,000 miles.   Paint looks good, but there are a few dings about the vehicle.   Smoke free vehicle.   Local pick up.  Payment through PayPal or certified check.

Auto Services in New Jersey

West Automotive & Tire ★★★★★

Auto Repair & Service, Tire Dealers
Address: 701 W Maple Ave, Oaklyn
Phone: (856) 324-0926

Tire World ★★★★★

Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Truck Body Repair & Painting
Address: Mystic-Islands
Phone: (848) 863-8834

Tech Automotive ★★★★★

Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Automobile Inspection Stations & Services
Address: 19 Saw Mill River RD, Haworth
Phone: (914) 347-5401

Surf Auto Brokers ★★★★★

New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 1800 Main St, Interlaken
Phone: (732) 681-2273

Star Loan Auto Center ★★★★★

Auto Repair & Service, Used Car Dealers
Address: 501 W Baltimore Ave, West-Collingswood
Phone: (610) 622-7827

Somers Point Body Shop ★★★★★

Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Address: 7TH New Hampshire Ave, Leeds-Point
Phone: (609) 927-3666

Auto blog

Aston CEO claims Cygnet cancelled because Toyota is dropping iQ in 2014

Sun, 27 Oct 2013

While slow sales and a $50,000 price tag may have been contributing factors to the Aston Martin Cygnet being cancelled last month, Aston Martin CEO Ulrich Bez is pointing the finger at Toyota for the demise of this luxurious little city car. In a discussion with Autocar, Bez is quoted as saying that the ultimate reason the Cygnet was cut is because Toyota plans on dropping the iQ (on which the Cygnet is based) in 2014 - a claim denied by the Japanese automaker.
Interestingly, the article also cites another publication reporting that a Toyota importer in the Netherlands heard the same news as Bez, and it has already stopped importing the cars. If the European Toyota iQ is cancelled, that would likely spell the end of the slow-selling Scion iQ in the US, which has sold just 3,365 units through September (a drop of 51 percent year over year).
Regardless of why production of the Cygnet ended, Bez also says that a lack of support from Toyota on the project prevented it from being offered in the US or receiving a supercharged engine, which are two factors that likely would have made the car appealing to more buyers.

Lexus takes aim at electric vehicles, again

Wed, Oct 12 2016

Lexus is once again taking aim at plug-in vehicles by emphasizing the perceived challenges of recharging batteries, rather than simply filling up with gas or hydrogen. Only this time, Toyota's luxury division appears to be zigging while everyone else is zagging. Of course, the nameplate can use all the help it can get when it comes to hybrid sales. First highlighted by Green Car Reports, Lexus has added a banner to the website of its hybrid vehicles that says "Always Charged. Always Ready." That's a not-so-veiled shot at plug-in vehicles, a sector where Toyota has minimal exposure. Lexus also notes of its hybrid vehicles that there's "nothing to plug in." Of course, there may be sour grapes at play. Through September, sales of its five hybrid models in the US dropped 17 percent from a year earlier to about 21,500 units, and September was particularly tough as hybrid sales plunged 34 percent to almost 1,800 units. Even so, the third quarter likely represented a record when it came to plug-in vehicle sales. We say "likely" because Tesla doesn't break out its US sales, and not all automakers disclose sales of their plug-ins. We calculate that sales for the quarter were at about 36,000 vehicles, up 38 percent from a year earlier. For now, Lexus doesn't sell a fuel-cell model, though it may sell a fuel-cell version of the Lexus LS full-size sedan. Toyota, of course, offers the Mirai, which has moved about 710 units this year. Lexus has gone down this proverbial road before. In 2014, the brand unveiled a similar campaign that highlighted how long it took to recharge EVs, and was ultimately taken to task by electric-vehicle advocates Plug-In America. Lexus apologized for offending anyone and said it'd review content related to hybrid advertising. Doesn't seem like an apology is in order this time out, but that doesn't mean that it's a good strategy. Related Video: Featured Gallery 2018 Lexus LC 500h View 40 Photos News Source: Green Car Reports Green Marketing/Advertising Recalls Lexus Toyota Hybrid

2018 Honda Accord charges into slumping sedan market

Sat, Jul 15 2017

DETROIT - Honda on Friday revealed its newest-generation Accord, one of four re-engineered midsize sedans that Asian automakers are betting on to win market share as Detroit automakers shift focus to SUVs, crossovers, and pickup trucks. The new Accord, like rival Toyota's all-new Camry arriving this month, offers major improvements in fuel economy, technology, styling and safety. Honda declined to discuss details ahead of Friday's event in Detroit. The Accord and Camry are pillars of their manufacturers' US businesses, each selling well over 300,000 vehicles a year. In the coming months, Nissan is expected to launch a new Altima midsize sedan, and Hyundai will launch a new Sonata. Both are popular marques that will be promoted heavily. "There has been no new news on the midsize sedan side for three years, and we think this is a great opportunity to bring attention back to the segment," said Jack Hollis, Toyota's head of marketing for North America. Year to date, US passenger car sales are down 11.4 percent, and sales of midsize sedans are down 14.2 percent. Still, Americans bought 7.1 million sedans in 2016. With General Motors and Ford cutting sedan production, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles abandoning the segment, Honda and its Asian rivals could boost sales with updated models, dealers said. "They could take share from other brands, which is traditionally what happens when a new product is launched," said Pete DeLongchamps, vice president for manufacturer relations at Group 1 Automotive Inc, the third-largest US auto dealer group. "NOT FINDING A PLACE WITH CONSUMERS" The Accord for years was Honda's top-selling model in the United States. Within the past year, US sales of the Honda CR-V have eclipsed the aging Accord, and Honda has expanded production capacity for the compact crossover. Passenger-car sales have steadily declined since 2012, when they made up 51.2 percent of the US market. Sedans have sagged to a 38.1 percent share in the first half of this year. IHS Markit said US consumer loyalty to SUVs and pickup trucks has risen since 2012, but declined for sedans. The new Accord and Camry "may stem the decline," said IHS Markit's Tom Libby. "I don't think they will cause a marked reverse." Improvements to the Accord should boost sales at Galpin Honda in San Fernando, California, general manager Ed Hartoonian said.