Find or Sell Used Cars, Trucks, and SUVs in USA

Amazing Ferrari, Triple Black, Super Clean, Super Low Miles, All Service History on 2040-cars

Year:1995 Mileage:15700 Color: Black
Location:

Advertising:

Auto blog

Rebuilt Ferrari Enzo sells for $1.75 million at auction

Thu, Feb 4 2016

See this Ferrari Enzo? See how it's in one piece? Well it wasn't always. It was involved in a horrendous crash a decade ago that split it clear in half. But it's long-since been rebuilt and sold for $1.75 million at the RM Sotheby's sale in Paris on Wednesday. The supercar in question belonged to Silicon Valley tech exec Stefan Eriksson, who crashed it into a pole along the Pacific Coast Highway in 2006. The Enzo was split in half, with the cockpit and nose on one side of the highway and the engine with its subframe on the other. If it were any less valuable a car, it might have been a complete write-off. But as yesterday's sale attested, the Enzo was worth fixing. So it was sent back to the factory where it was repaired, refurbished to as-new condition, repainted from red over black to black over red, and certified by the manufacturer. It was one of the top lots at RM Sotheby's autction, but even at that price, it wasn't the top earner of the day. That honor went to a rare 1962 Ferrari 400 Superamerica Aerodinamico, which sold for $3.3 million. Next up was a 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder that went for $3.07 million, followed by a '57 BMW 507 Roadster for $2.25 million. The Enzo came in fifth. Oh, and that Delta Integrale we were pining after? It went for $150 grand. Shame we weren't there with cash in hand. Related Video:

Stellantis ready to kill brands and fix U.S. problems, CEO Tavares says

Thu, Jul 25 2024

  MILAN — Stellantis is taking steps to fix weak margins and high inventory at its U.S. operations and will not hesitate to axe underperforming brands in its sprawling portfolio, its chief executive Carlos Tavares said on Thursday. The warning for lossmaking brands is a turnaround for Tavares, who has maintained since Stellantis was created in 2021 from the merger of Italian-American automaker Fiat Chrysler and France's PSA that all of its 14 brands including Maserati, Fiat, Peugeot and Jeep have a future. "If they don't make money, we'll shut them down," Carlos Tavares told reporters after the world's No. 4 automaker delivered worse-than-expected first-half results, sending its shares down as much as 10%. "We cannot afford to have brands that do not make money." The automaker now also considers China's Leapmotor as its 15th brand, after it agreed to a broad cooperation with the group. Stellantis does not release figures for individual brands, except for Maserati which reported an 82 million euro adjusted operating loss in the first half. Some analysts say Maserati could possibly be a target for a sale by Stellantis, while other brands such as Lancia or DS might be at risk of being scrapped given their marginal contribution to the group's overall sales. Stellantis' Milan-listed shares were down as much as 12.5% on Thursday, hitting their lowest since August 2023. That brings the loss for the year so far to 22%, making them the worst performer among the major European automakers. Few automotive brands have been killed off since General Motors ditched the unprofitable Saturn and Pontiac during a U.S. government-led bankruptcy in the global financial crisis in 2008. Tavares is under pressure to revive flagging margins and sales and cut inventory in the United States as Stellantis bets on the launch of 20 new models this year which it hopes will boost profitability. Recent poor results from global carmakers have heightened worries about a weakening outlook for sales across major markets such as the U.S., whilst they also juggle an expensive transition to electric vehicles and growing competition from cheaper Chinese rivals. Japan's Nissan Motor saw first-quarter profit almost completely wiped out on Thursday and slashed its annual outlook, as deep discounting in the United States shredded its margins. Tavares said he would be working through the summer with his U.S. team on how to improve performance and cut inventory.

Race Recap: Singapore Grand Prix is about a safety car and submission

Mon, 23 Sep 2013

The Singapore Formula One Grand Prix is the Monaco GP of the Orient - a weekend known more for its glamour and time-slot than on-track action, with a temporary circuit that punishes every mistake, usually terminally.
Lewis Hamilton in the Mercedes-AMG Petronas got the best of Free Practice 1, opening the curtain on a possible resurgence of Silver Arrows performance. By the time qualifying was done, though, it was his teammate Nico Rosberg who lined up second on the grid, followed by Romain Grosjean with a beautiful performance in the Lotus, Mark Webber in the Infiniti Red Bull, and Hamilton all the way back in fifth. Behind them were Felipe Massa outqualifying Ferrari teammate Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button getting the McLaren into eighth, Daniel Ricciardo with another good Q3 effort to get into ninth, and the shocker of Esteban Gutiérrez getting his Sauber into the top ten for the first time this year.
At the front of the pack was Sebastian Vettel. Again. But he was only ahead of Rosberg by a single tenth of a second...