1979 Firebird Pontiac Trans Am - 10th Anniversary Edition on 2040-cars
Clayton, California, United States
For Sale By:Private Seller
Number of Cylinders: V8
Model: Trans Am
Trim: Anniversary Edition
Options: Leather Seats
Drive Type: 4-speed
Power Options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: silver
WOW! This is an unbelievable find.
Offered for sale for the first time in 33 years is a one owner 1979 tenth Anniversary Edition Firebird Pontiac Trans Am with an incredibly low 22K original miles.
This car is a numbers matching factory four hundred 4-speed purchased new in Arizona and loaded with all the options.
It has all the things you would expect in this timeless beauty, air, power windows, t-tops, 10th anniversary package.
The radio has been upgraded, but I have the original. The tires were just replaced with original Goodyear poly-steel tires. This car was in dry/dark storage for the last 17 years, see photos of condition when found.
It is an original, numbers matching, unrestored, unmolested classic American muscle car.
That's right! This car is exactly the way it drove off of the showroom floor. This car is a head turner and she still runs and drives excellent.
Only 7,500 hundred of these cars were built. This car is truly a rare find. There may never be another chance like this!
Private party sale, not a dealer. There are still some disclaimers, though.
The car has no title. It has not been registered or smogged since 1996. I have the appropriate registration forms and parts (not on the car) for California smog certification. This car is in excellent condition. Power antenna is not operational and air conditioning is not cold.
1. By placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding contract and are committed to purchasing the vehicle described above. The details of this commitment are further outlined in the eBay User Agreement.
2. This seller reserves the right to end this auction early or to cancel bids solely at my discretion and shall not be held liable for any such cancellation.
3. The winning bidder is required to contact me within 24 hours after the close of the auction to finalize the details of the transaction.
4. A $1,000 non-refundable deposit is required within 24 hours after the close of the auction. If this deposit is not received, the vehicle may be made available to the next highest bidder or another qualified buyer on a first come, first served basis.
5. Payment in full is required within 7 days of the close of the auction. If payment is not received the deposit will be retained and the vehicle may be made available to the next highest bidder or another qualified buyer on a first come, first served basis.
6. I have represented this vehicle to the best of my ability. Prospective bidders are encouraged to contact me for additional information or to ask any questions. I am in California. You are welcome to have the car inspected.
8. This vehicle is being sold "AS IS"and has no warranties expressed or implied. All pre-owned vehicles, regardless of age, mileage, or manufacturer are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure.
9. Winning bidder price does not include shipping, state of local tax, title, or registration fees. It is the purchaser's responsibility to pay these fees to the appropriate agency within the time required by your state of residence
10. Acceptable payment is wire transfer or counter credit at my financial institution only. I will not accept any other form of payment.
11. Winning bidder is completely responsible for any shipping of the vehicle. I am flexible and can work with the company you hire to expedite shipping.
Good Luck! Congratulations, to who ever wins the auction on this one!
Pontiac Trans Am for Sale
- 6 speed, t-tops, power everything(US $7,800.00)
- 1987 firebird rolling chassis(US $900.00)
- 2001 pontiac firebird trans am ws6 v8 bright red 300hp magnaflow ram air(US $16,888.00)
- 2002 pontiac trans-am convertible collectors edition(US $14,000.00)
- 1980 pontiac trans am pace car numbers matching with years of docs. no reserve!
- 1987 pontiac trans am gta 5 speed 15k(US $10,500.00)
Auto Services in California
Z & H Autobody And Paint ★★★★★
Yanez RV ★★★★★
Wilma`s Collision Repair ★★★★★
Will`s Automotive ★★★★★
Will`s Auto Body Shop ★★★★★
Auto blogWed, 13 Mar 2013
Mon, 08 Sep 2014
The Detroit Free Press is reporting that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration may expand a recall campaign for faulty brake lamps. The agency is currently looking into complaints that certain 2004-2011 Chevrolet Malibu models as well as some 2007-2009 Saturn Aura sedans may have brake lights that do not illuminate when the driver presses the pedal. Alternatively, the lamps may also illuminate without input from the driver. General Motors recalled 8,000 Pontiac G6 models from the 2005 model year for the same problem, and NHTSA is currently investigating whether to add 550,000 more G6 models built between 2005 and 2009 to the list for the same issue.
In addition, investigators are currently examining 97 complaints from Malibu and Aura owners with the same trouble. If NHTSA adds those models to the recall campaign, more than one million units could be covered. GM, meanwhile, says there have been no accidents or injuries as a result of the problem.
The Pontiac GTO was perhaps the most iconic muscle car of the '60s and early '70s. With its beefy V8 and color palette screaming for attention, it summarized in a single vehicle everything that made the era so appealing to many young people. Pontiac tried to collect just a few drops of that aura again in the 2000s with a revived GTO, but with decidedly mixed results. The performance was still there with its big V8, but the looks never quite lived up to the powertrain. Now, Generation Gap wants to know which of these Goats is the one to own.
Things are skewed immediately because the 2006 GTO here is a real ringer. It comes from famous tuner Ken Lingenfelter's collection, and it's a one-off example partially fettled by GM Performance boasting a twin-turbocharged LS2 V8 with a claimed 750 horsepower and a wide-body kit. This Goat definitely isn't what you're going to find just browsing for one to buy in the newspaper. Still, dip the throttle just a little, and this GTO pulls like a freight train. It's enough to turn the two hosts into giggling schoolboys behind the wheel.
The '69 GTO Judge here is also out of Lingenfelter's collection, but this one is all stock with a 400-cubic-inch (6.6-liter) V8 and a Ram Air hood for a claimed 366 hp. It might not have the unbelievable power of the turbo '06, but it makes up for it with style to spare.
How many people think Buick or GMC should have gotten the axe instead of Pontiac? You can't see it, but I'm raising my hand. Autoweek reports that former Vice Chairman of GM, Bob Lutz, has indicated that things didn't have to end up the way they did.
"The Feds said, 'Yeah, how much money have you made on Pontiac in the last 10 years?' and the answer was, 'Nothing.'"
In a talk given at the Petersen Automotive Museum for the Inside the MotoMan Studio series, Lutz says "The Feds said, 'Yeah, how much money have you made on Pontiac in the last 10 years?' and the answer was, 'Nothing.' So, it goes. And when the guy who is handing you the check for $53 billion says, 'I don't want Pontiac, drop Pontiac or you don't get the money,' it doesn't take you very long to make up your mind." Lutz even added that the next-generation Pontiac G6 would have benefitted from the rear-wheel-drive platform of the Cadillac ATS. How awesome would that have been?