Lifted Jeep Cherokee - Lots Of Upgrades on 2040-cars
Cromwell, Indiana, United States
Engine:4.0L 242Cu. In. l6 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
For Sale By:Private Seller
Number of Cylinders: 6
Trim: Classic Sport Utility 4-Door
Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player
Drive Type: 4WD
Safety Features: Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
Power Options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Gray
1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic
I purchased this Jeep in February 2005 with 105,000 Miles. This was my daily driver and off-road toy until December 2012 when I purchased a different vehicle. I did a lot of upgrades and maintenance items in the last 1-1/2 years with the intention of keeping it for a toy but life has gotten busy and I havent hardly touched it in the last year.
· Miles: 173,XXX
· Remote Start
· Power windows, locks & mirrors
· A/C The last couple of summers I was able to charge it and it lasted most of the summer.
· 4.0 L Engine Solid motor runs great, well maintained, changed oil every 3-4K miles. Does not burn oil.
· Automatic transmission Ive never had any issues with it. Changed fluid and filter at 150K
o Front Axle - Dana 30
o Rear Axle Chrysler 8.25
o 4.10 Gears
o Powertrax No-Slip Locker, Auto engages
o Gears, lockers and bearings were all new in July 2012
o Front Tom Woods drive shaft
o Rear Rubicon drive shaft
o Rubicon slip yoke eliminator kit
o 33 x 12.5 BFG Mud Terrains
o New in July 2012
o Very low miles
o Approximately 85% Tread left
o Includes full size spare Never been used
o 5-6 inches of lift
o 4.5 Rubicon rear leaf springs with shackle
o 2 coil spacer on 4.5 Rubicon coil springs
o Newer Rough control front control arms with flex joints
§ New poly bushings in late 2012
o Rubicon Track bar
o Sway bar disconnect
o New rough country shocks in 2012
o New steering gear box Nov 2013
o Pitman arm drop
o Rugged Ridge HD crossover steering conversion kit
§ All new tie rod ends
· Rola Roof Mounted Cargo basket
· Husky Liners Front, Rear & Cargo
· Full Size Spare Tire BFG 33 Mud Terrain
· High Lift Jack
· Misc spare parts
Custom Fabricated Parts:
· Front bumper with 2 receiver for removable winch. Textured spray on bed liner coating.
· Rear bumper with swing out tire carrier. New January 2013. Powder coated black
· Custom Rock Slides
o January 2012
o Cut out old rocker panels and coated inside with POR
o Welded in 2 x 6 Tubing with round tubing on the outside
o Textured spray on bed liner coating (some of the coating is peeling off)
Additional Newer Parts:
· Spark plugs, wires cap & rotor
· Fuel pump
· Muffler (flowmaster 44 Loud)
· Im probably forgetting some stuff
· Missing passenger side mirror
· No catalytic converter (causes the check engine light to be on)
· CD player works but the display goes out when pressing the buttons sometimes. It is a detachable face and the connection is about worn out.
· Heater fan only works on high
· The body does have a lot of scratches and dents..etc
· Needs a new washer fluid bottle
· Keyless entry works to unlock the doors but not to lock them.
· Needs a new boot on the front drive shaft
Jeep Cherokee for Sale
- 2001 cherokee xj 4x4 sport rhd 60yr edition 2 owner no rust dealer serviced!!(US $13,500.00)
- 1997 jeep cherokee xj lifted 35's leather seats(US $7,500.00)
- Jeep cherokee classic 4x4(US $5,295.00)
- 1999 jeep cherokee laredo sport utility 4-door 4.0l 5 spd(US $4,500.00)
- 1996 cherokee limited
- 1998 jeep cherokee limited 4x4 super clean in/out leather - carfax report!!!
Auto Services in Indiana
Zips Auto Repair ★★★★★
West Coliseum Auto Sales ★★★★★
WE Are Auto Care ★★★★★
Stoops Buick GMC ★★★★★
Staples Pipe & Muffler ★★★★★
Auto blogTue, 24 Sep 2013
In an unusual move, Chrysler is idling its recently hired second shift of 2014 Jeep Cherokee builders because, Chrysler spokeswoman Jodi Tinson said in a statement, it already has built the "critical number of vehicles we need to stock dealerships once containment is released," Automotive News reports.
After the "critical" 9,430 Cherokees were built, the layoff was enacted so as not to strain the automaker's logistics partners before the Cherokee is actually released. Chrysler says the temporary layoff will last about two weeks, with 500 workers out of work and another 600 reassigned at the Toledo Assembly Complex where the sports utility vehicle was being built. The second-shift workers were hired on August 19.
Chrysler previously insisted that it would release the Cherokee to dealerships by the end of the third quarter, and it initially planned to start selling the SUVs in mid-August. Apparently the Cherokee needed a software fix before hitting showrooms, which is how Chrysler explains why the release schedule is out of whack. We're thinking that this software fix addresses the "powertrain calibration" issue that delayed the first media test drives of the model. According to the Toledo Blade, Chrysler has admitted it is doing "extended quality validation testing" but refused to provide more information.
Chrysler is making the unusual move of delaying the first media drives of the 2014 Jeep Cherokee, which were slated to start next week in Seattle. And while something like this is a rare occurrence, and one that most of the Autoblog staff can't recall happening this publicly or so close to the event itself, it won't effect the actual on-sale date of the new Cherokee, which is set to hit showrooms in September.
"Over the last couple of weeks during final quality and durability testing, we have discovered the opportunity to further improve powertrain calibration," Chrysler told Automotive News. This marks the second notable delay in the Cherokee's short life, after production was delayed for roughly a month earlier this summer.
Still, we'd rather Chrysler make sure the Cherokee is ready for primetime before flying media in from around the country. It shows a willingness to get things right the first time, rather than offering media drives and then tweaking the car after the fact.
Is It An Off-Road Adventure Or Just A Walk In The Park?
I remember having to get out and lock hubs and shift into neutral to engage low range.
Coming off press previews of the 2013 Land Rover Range Rover and the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee that involved some heavy-duty off-road rock climbing, I'm simply amazed at the capabilities that these vehicles possess. But even more impressive (or troubling depending on your perspective) is the relative ease with which you can operate these vehicles in seemingly impossible terrain.