1961 Ford Thunderbird on 2040-cars
Soulsbyville, California, United States
Engine:428
Fuel Type:Gasoline
For Sale By:Private Seller
Exterior Color: copper orange
Make: Ford
Interior Color: tan on white
Model: Thunderbird
Number of Cylinders: 8
Trim: 2 door coupe
Drive Type: fwd
Mileage: 2,500
It is in excellent condition, reason for selling , time to move on to other projects, do not have the room to store it. Approximately 2500 miles on engine since complete rebuild, used a 1964- 428 engine instead of the 390 motor, all running gear rebuild or installed new. new brakes, shocks etc, etc.
Ford Thunderbird for Sale
2002 ford thunderbird base convertible 2-door 3.9l
1988 ford thunderbird(US $3,500.00)
2002 thunderbird. 18,770 actual miles. 2 owner car, excellent condition(US $19,500.00)
1968 ford thunderbird 2 door hard top parts or restoration all original
56 ford thunderbird 2 tops ac * ps & power seat
1971 ford thunderbird landau 2-door coupe w/429 thunder jet engine
Auto Services in California
Z & H Autobody And Paint ★★★★★
Yanez RV ★★★★★
Yamaha Golf Cars Of Palm Spring ★★★★★
Wilma`s Collision Repair ★★★★★
Will`s Automotive ★★★★★
Will`s Auto Body Shop ★★★★★
Auto blog
Ford is recalling more Takata airbag-equipped Ford and Lincoln models
Thu, Mar 2 2017The Basics: Takata, the beleaguered airbag supplier at the root of the largest recall in automotive history, has informed Ford of a problem with the airbags in just over 30,000 Ford and Lincoln models. The problem is not related to the non-desiccated ammonium nitrate airbag inflators that plague the other airbags ( including many Fords), meaning there isn't a risk of shrapnel flying out from the units in this particular recall. The Problem: In the event of an accident, the front airbags may only partially inflate, and the airbag may become detached from the module because of misaligned parts. The problem affects 2016 and 2017 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX models built at the Oakville Assembly Plant. The issue also affects 2017 Lincoln Continentals that were built at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant. Injuries/Deaths: In a release, Ford stated that it is not aware of any accidents, injuries, or deaths related to the airbag issue. The Fix: Dealers will replace the driver-side front airbag module at no cost. If You Own One: Sit tight and wait for Ford to notify owners. When that happens, take your car to the dealer for a replacement. Related Video: This content is hosted by a third party. To view it, please update your privacy preferences. Manage Settings. News Source: FordImage Credit: AOL/Drew Phillips Recalls Ford Lincoln Maintenance Safety lincoln mkx
Trump wants a trade deal, but South Korea doesn't want US cars
Thu, Jul 6 2017SEOUL - US auto imports from the likes of General Motors and Ford must become more chic, affordable or fuel-efficient to reap the rewards of President Donald Trump's attempts to renegotiate a trade deal with key ally South Korea, officials and industry experts in Seoul say. Meeting South Korean President Moon Jae-in last week in Washington, Trump said the United States would do more to address trade imbalances with South Korea and create "a fair shake" to sell more cars there, the world's 11th largest auto market. "What we really want to say to the United States is: Make good cars, make cars that Korean consumers like." While imports from automakers including Ford, Chrysler and GM more than doubled last year largely thanks to free trade deal which took effect in 2012, sales account for just 1 percent of a market dominated by more affordable models from local giants Hyundai and affiliate Kia. Imports make up just 15 percent of the overall Korean auto market, and are mainly more luxurious models from German automakers BMW and Daimler AG's Mercedes-Benz, which also benefit from a trade deal with the European Union. "Addressing non-tariff barriers would not fundamentally raise the competitiveness of US cars," a senior Korean government official told Reuters, declining to be identified because of the sensitivity of the subject. "What we really want to say to the United States is: Make good cars, make cars that Korean consumers like." TASTE BARRIER In Korea, US imports are seen as lagging German brands in brand image, sophistication and fuel economy, industry experts say. US imports do have a competitive advantage in electric cars: Tesla Motors' electric vehicles are seen as both environmentally friendly and trendy, while GM has launched a long-range Bolt EV. US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross had cited a quota in the current trade deal as an obstacle to boosting imports. The quota allows US automakers to bring in each year 25,000 vehicles that meet US, not necessarily Korean, safety standards. Should GM, for example, decide to bring in more than its quota of one model - the Impala sedans - it would cost up to $75 million to modify the cars to meet Korean safety standards, the company told its local labor union. Asked about non-tariff barriers, a spokesman at GM's Korean unit said removing them could expand the range of models the company can bring in from the United States. No US company, however, has yet to make full use of the quota, industry data shows.
Ford worker files for UAW dues refund, stirs right-to-work debate
Sun, 24 Aug 2014Let's start with some history: Ford's Dearborn truck plant, part of the company's massive River Rouge complex, was the center of a strike in 1941 that led to Ford signing the first "closed shop" agreement in the industry. The agreement obliged every worker at the plant to be a dues-paying member of the United Auto Workers. In December 2012, however, Michigan Governor Rick Snyder signed legislation making Michigan a right-to-work state, which outlawed closed shops. The new law gave workers the right to opt out of union membership and stop paying dues even if they were still covered by union activities like collective bargaining. For employees at the Dearborn plant, the right-to-work clauses take effect at the end of their current contract in 2015.
As a tool-and-die maker at Ford's Dearborn plant for 16 years, Todd Lemire pays dues to the UAW - about two hours' salary per month. However, he's been unhappy with the UAW's support of the Democratic party, and not wanting to wait until next year to be out of the UAW entirely he invoked his Beck Rights, which state that a non-member of a union does not have to pay dues to support non-core activities, such as political spending. But Lemire wasn't happy that Ford still subtracted the total amount of dues, with the UAW reimbursing the difference, so he filed suit with the National Labor Relations Board, feeling that the workaround violates his rights.
Lemire's case is just a week old, so it could be a while before a resolution. Yet, as September 15, 2015 draws near and the right-to-work laws take full effect for Michigan workers - and others wonder whether it could help revitalize the state's manufacturing base - a case like this adds more fuel to the discussion.















