Ford Other Std on 2040-cars
Glendale Springs, North Carolina, United States
Please for ndetailes
Ford Other Pickups for Sale
Ford other cabriolet(US $12,000.00)
Ford other deluxe(US $2,000.00)
Ford other deluxe roadster(US $38,000.00)
Ford other na(US $13,000.00)
Ford other roadster(US $12,000.00)
Ford other original wood(US $16,000.00)
Auto Services in North Carolina
Walkertown Tire Service ★★★★★
Victory Tire & Auto Svc ★★★★★
Valvoline Instant Oil Change ★★★★★
USA Paint & Body ★★★★★
Truth Automotive-Transmission ★★★★★
Triangle Window Tinting ★★★★★
Auto blog
Honda poised for growth, Detroit to hold steady, Car Wars study says
Fri, Jun 5 2015The automotive industry is expected to keep booming in the US over the next several years, but the train might start running out of steam in the long term, according to 2015's Car Wars report from Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst John Murphy. The forecast focuses on changes between the 2016 and 2019 model years, and the latest trends appear similar in some cases to the past predictions. Sales are expected to keep growing and reach a peak of 20 million in 2018, according to the Detroit Free Press. The expansion is projected to come from a quick pace of vehicle launches, with an average of 48 introductions a year – 26 percent more than in 1996. Crossovers are expected to make up a third of these, maintaining their strong popularity. However, Murphy predicts a decline, as well. By 2025, total sales could fall to around 15 million units. As of May 2015, the seasonally adjusted annual rate for this year stands at 17.71 million. Like last year, Honda is predicted to be a big winner in the future thanks to products like the next-gen Civic. "Honda should be the biggest market share gainer," Murphy said when presenting the report, according to Free Press. Meanwhile, in a situation similar to Car Wars from 2012, a lack of many new vehicles is expected to cause a drop for Hyundai, Kia, and Nissan. Based on this forecast, Ford, General Motors, and FCA US will all generally maintain market share for the coming years. The report does make some future product predictions, though. The next Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra might come in 2019, which is earlier than expected. Also, Lincoln could get a Mustang-based coupe for 2017, a compact sedan for 2018 and an Explorer-based model in 2019, according to the Free Press. Related Video: News Source: The Detroit Free PressImage Credit: Nam Y. Huh / AP Photo Earnings/Financials Chrysler Fiat Ford GM Honda Lincoln Car Buying fca us
Ford and BraunAbility team up for wheelchair-accessible Explorer
Fri, Jul 24 2015BraunAbility, a creator of wheelchair-accessible vehicles that are usually based on minivans, has teamed up with Ford to create the MXV, a vehicle the company hails as the first of its kind. In addition to the obvious exterior modifications that include sliding doors, this Explorer-based mobility vehicle has removable driver and passenger seats and a powered ramp that nestles into the vehicle's floor. Modifications to the regular Explorer platform will allow wheelchair users to operate the MXV from the driver's position with the normal seat removed, ride along as a front passenger, or enjoy 56 inches of cabin height in the middle row, which is large enough to accommodate most power wheelchairs. Best we can tell, there are no changes to the Explorer's powertrain, which means a 3.5-liter V6 engine with 290 horsepower and 255 pound-feet of torque will provide motivation, not to mention 5,000-pounds worth of towing capacity. Fuel economy from the MXV matches that of the Explorer, with 17 city, 24 highway, and 20 combined. The twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 isn't available. Unfortunately, all-wheel drive also isn't available from BraunAbility due to the lowered floor necessary to make the vehicle large enough to work as a proper mobility vehicle. Even so, the Explorer looks like a pretty nice platform with which to build such a wheelchair-accessible vehicle, with good looks, good driving manners, and the kind of rugged looks you can't find in a minivan. Expect to see the MXV at BraunAbility dealers this fall, but don't expect to be first in line. Vehicle No. 1 has been promised to wounded veteran Mike Delancey, a United States Marine paralyzed by a sniper's bullet while serving in Iraq in 2006. Take a look at the images above, and feel free to peruse the press release for all the details below. Related Video: BraunAbility – the World Leader in Mobility Vehicles – Selects Ford Explorer to Create First-Ever Wheelchair-Accessible SUV • BraunAbility introduces its first-ever wheelchair-accessible sport utility vehicle – the BraunAbility MXV™ • BraunAbility-customized Ford Explorer – the best-selling SUV in the U.S. for the last 25 years – will be the company's first mass-produced wheelchair-accessible SUV • BraunAbility revolutionized what independence means to wheelchair users, and has established itself as a world leader in the mobility business DEARBORN, Mich.
Ford delays North American production restart from coronavirus lockdown
Tue, Mar 31 2020Ford said on Tuesday it was postponing its plan to restart production at its North American plants due to safety concerns for its workers amid the coronavirus pandemic. To generate cash, the No. 2 U.S. automaker had said last week it was poised to restart production at some plants in North America as early as April 6, bringing back such profitable vehicles as its top-selling F-150 full-sized pickup, the Transit commercial van and SUVs. But on Tuesday, Ford said it had been aiming to resume production at several key U.S. plants on April 14, but would now instead do so at dates it would announce later on. "The health and safety of our workforce, dealers, customers, partners and communities remains our highest priority," Kumar Galhotra, president of Ford's North American operations, said in a statement. Still, the automaker will open a plant in Ypsilanti, Michigan, during the week of April 20, that will make ventilators to treat patients afflicted by the coronavirus. Rival Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said last week it plans to resume production in North America on April 13. General Motors has shuttered its plants indefinitely and has not provided a date for vehicle production to restart. It is facing a delay in the production launch of its redesigned large SUVs and is delaying work on other SUVs. "Once it is safe to resume production, we will do so," a GM spokesman said. As of Monday, Volkswagen was shooting for an April 5 reopening at its Tennessee plant. Honda, Nissan and Subaru facilities in North America will remain closed through April 6, and Hyundai through April 10. Toyota was planning to reopen its North American plants April 17. Plants/Manufacturing Chrysler Fiat Ford GM coronavirus
