1969 Dodge Charger 500 Hardtop 2-door 7.2l on 2040-cars
Madison, North Carolina, United States
|
Dodge only built 340 with the 440 cubic inch magnum. This 500 is "1" of 26 4-speed 440 Magnums. This engine is rated at 375 H.P. at 4600 RPM with a stump pulling 480 pounds-feet of torque at 3200 RPM. Compression ratio is 10-10:1. The manual transmission is a Type 833 with a Hurst shifter. The Rear axle is a Dana 60 with 3.54 ratio Spicer gears. All numbers match. Smoke-free vehicle. Car belonged to my father and after he passed my mother would like to sell. Car is in show condition and has won many category specific as well as Best in Show trophies! Serious inquiries only. Todd Knight (336) 453-5060
|
Dodge Charger for Sale

1971 dodge charger custom big block high performance 383 cid engine
1969 dodge charger, dukes of hazzard, general lee, byron cherry
2006 dodge charger rt hemi sunroof htd leather only 43k texas direct auto(US $14,780.00)
R/t 5.7l cd 6 speakers dvd-audio mp3 decoder radio data system air conditioning
2012 dodge charger r/t hemi sunroof nav rear cam 35k mi texas direct auto(US $28,780.00)
Auto Services in North Carolina
Wheelings Tire ★★★★★
Wasp Automotive ★★★★★
Viewmont Auto Sales 2 Inc ★★★★★
Tire Kingdom ★★★★★
Thomas Auto World ★★★★★
The Speed Shop ★★★★★
Auto blog
7 major automakers to build open EV charging network
Wed, Jul 26 2023A new joint venture established by BMW, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz and Stellantis will build a new North American electric vehicle charging network on a scale designed to compete with Tesla's industry-benchmark Supercharger network. The 30,000-plus planned new chargers will accommodate both Tesla's almost-standard North American Charging System (NACS) and existing automakers' Combined Charging System (CCS) options, effectively guaranteeing compatibility with the vast majority of current and upcoming electric models — whether they're from one of the involved automakers or not. "With the generational investments in public charging being implemented on the Federal and State level, the joint venture will leverage public and private funds to accelerate the installation of high-powered charging for customers. The new charging stations will be accessible to all battery-powered electric vehicles from any automaker using Combined Charging System (CCS) or North American Charging Standard (NACS) and are expected to meet or exceed the spirit and requirements of the U.S. National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) program." Critically, the automakers involved will have a say in how the charging tech is implemented, guaranteeing that the hardware will play nicely with each automaker's in-house charging systems. Hyundai and Kia, for example, were hesitant to jump on board the Tesla NACS bandwagon earlier this year over concerns that the Supercharger network is insufficient for powering the two automakers' 800-volt charging systems; similar tech is used by Volkswagen and Porsche. In addition to providing much-needed capacity and high-output charging for America's growing fleet of electric cars and trucks, the new network will integrate seamlessly with each automaker's in-app and in-vehicle features, rather than forcing customers to use third-party tools and payment systems, as is the case with some existing public charging infrastructure. "The functions and services of the network will allow for seamless integration with participating automakersÂ’ in-vehicle and in-app experiences, including reservations, intelligent route planning and navigation, payment applications, transparent energy management and more. In addition, the network will leverage Plug & Charge technology to further enhance the customer experience," the announcement said.
Auto sales in March and first quarter down nearly across the board
Wed, Apr 3 2019Nearly every major automaker reported weak U.S. sales for March and the first quarter of 2019, citing a rough start to the year, but said a robust economy and strong labor market should encourage consumers to buy more vehicles as 2019 rolls on. GM, which no longer releases monthly sales figures, saw first-quarter sales fall 7 percent, with declines across all brands. Sales of Silverado pickup trucks fell nearly 16 percent and the high-margin Chevy Suburban large SUV dropped 25 percent. Ford also no longer releases monthly sales numbers, but is due to release its first-quarter sales figures on Thursday. According to industry data, Ford's sales fell 2 percent in the quarter and 5 percent in March. Ford representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment. FCA reported a 7 percent fall in U.S. sales in March and a 3 percent drop for the first quarter. All of FCA's brands dropped in March, except for Ram, which saw a 15 percent increase in pickup truck sales. "The industry had a tough first quarter, but with spring finally starting to show its face and continued strong economic indicators ... we are confident that new vehicle sales demand will strengthen going forward," FCA's U.S. head of sales, Reid Bigland, said in a statement. Toyota reported a 3.5 percent fall in U.S. sales in March and 5 percent for the first quarter, hurt by declining demand for its Corolla sedans and Camry vehicles. "While some of our competitors are abandoning sedans, we remain optimistic about the future of the segment," Toyota said in a statement. Nissan posted a 5.3 percent drop in sales in March, and its first-quarter sales were down 11.6 percent. Honda and Hyundai bucked the trend. Honda's U.S. sales rose 4.3 percent in March and 2 percent in the quarter, while Hyundai's were up 1.7 percent and 2.1 percent, respectively. Passenger-car sales suffered throughout the January-March quarter compared with the same period in 2018 as Americans continued to abandon them in favor of larger, more comfortable pickup trucks and SUVs, which are far more profitable for automakers. The battle for market share in the particularly lucrative large-pickup truck market intensified in the quarter, as Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' Ram brand outsold the U.S.' No. 1 automaker General Motors' Chevrolet-brand trucks. The two automakers have both launched redesigned pickup trucks.
Dodge recalls 173 Chargers and Challengers for front wheels that don't fit correctly
Mon, Nov 11 2019Dodge is recalling 173 Challengers and Chargers because they’re equipped with an incompatible front wheel and brake package. All the vehicles are 2019 model year cars built between May 28 and September 25 this year, according to the official NHTSA documents. The wheels donÂ’t provide enough clearance from suspension and brake components, Dodge says. ThereÂ’s a chance that the tireÂ’s inner sidewall will make contact with the steering knuckle. When the tire hits the steering knuckle, it could end up damaging the tire, causing a “sudden loss of tire air pressure.” This, of course, is not what you want out of a tire. Predictably, FCA says this could result in a crash without prior warning. To fix the problem, your local Dodge dealer will be installing the wheels that shouldÂ’ve been equipped on the car in the first place. FCA continues: “Also, for customer satisfaction, replace the rear wheels to match the front wheels.” We were wondering if the rear wheels would come into play here, and it looks like Dodge wonÂ’t be leaving anyone out to dry with mismatched front and rear wheels. The wheels in question are described as “Mid Gloss Black Wheel.” Check your window sticker (or wait for the official mailing) to see if you have those wheels on your Charger or Challenger. Unfortunately, FCA doesnÂ’t detail which trims of Charger and Challenger are affected in its recall notice. The company also makes it clear that this recall is due to “an engineering release error” and not a wheel defect. This particular wheel and brake package shouldÂ’ve never been offered as an option from the factory. Look out for a notice in early December, as FCA says it will begin notifying owners around December 13 this year. As of now, there are no reported injuries or accidents due to the issue.















