1979 Vw Super Beetle Convertible, Rare Epilogue Edition, Triple Black, 31k Miles on 2040-cars
Roswell, Georgia, United States
For Sale By:Private Seller
Number of Cylinders: 4
Model: Beetle - Classic
Trim: super beetle convertible
Drive Type: RWD
Power Options: Air Conditioning
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Black
Condition: Used: A vehicle is considered used if it has been registered and issued a title. Used vehicles have had at least one previous owner. The condition of the exterior, interior and engine can vary depending on the vehicle's history. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections. ...
Selling a 1979 Volkswagen Super Beetle Convertible - rare "Epilogue" edition, only 900 made. Black paint/black interior/black top, with deluxe woodgrain Wolfsburg interior and rare dealer-installed A/C (the only way to get it in 1979.) Also, it still has the correct "sport" wheels that came on this edition.
I bought this car in February intending to restore for my son, but he has lost interest in it. It was purchased from the 2nd owner, who had owned it since 1981. She had in it storage for the last 5 years before I bought it. The odometer is working and shows just over 31k miles: Given the condition of the car, and various old registrations that came in the glovebox, I'm sure this represents the accurate mileage. Car includes the original title from 2nd owner (see pics), but Georgia doesn't issue titles for cars this old. Will issue bill of sale to buyer.
The car is in "original" condition - it's basically intact and a great candidate for restoration or spend a few bucks for a daily driver. It will need some typical beetle repairs:
- Vehicle has been in Georgia for 30+ years and is relatively rust-free. There is some rust around the windshield and lip of the hood, but pans & heater channels appear to be solid. (The back window still has original rustproofing sticker on it & I would imagine this helped a bit) Also, the window seals are perished, and the bottom of the passenger door is pretty rusted.
- The convertible top will need to be repaired or replaced. (Originial black tonneau cover is included with car.)
- All parts of the A/C are present, but not currently connected & I have no idea whether it works.
- The driver's seat cover is worn, but no tears. All other seats are good.
- Original dash has no cracks. Clock still works. No cracks in glass.
- Paint is original and has faded some over time. Paint cracked at hinges on driver's side door.
- Engine was running when I parked it, but smelled of gas. (I believe one of the gas lines is leaking and will need to be replaced.) For this reason, the car will need to be towed.
This car is a great opportunity for the right person, and this model sells for top dollar when restored. I'm listing it at NO RESERVE, so happy bidding.... and feel free to ask me any questions.
Volkswagen Beetle - Classic for Sale
Auto Services in Georgia
Auto Repair & Service, Glass-Auto, Plate, Window, Etc, Windshield Repair
Address: 795 Hammond Dr NE, Alpharetta
Phone: (404) 492-6648
Auto Repair & Service, Auto Transmission
Address: 265 Industrial Way, Woolsey
Phone: (678) 932-8819
Auto Repair & Service, Brake Repair
Address: 1632 Lake Harbin Rd, Morrow
Phone: (770) 968-3774
Auto Repair & Service, Gas Stations
Address: 305 N Main St, Trion
Phone: (706) 638-3432
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 69 Central Blvdste B, Guyton
Phone: (912) 772-6010
Used Car Dealers
Address: 195 Athens Hwy SW, Winder
Phone: (678) 395-3336