1998 Saab 900 Se Convertible 2-door 105k Miles 5 Speed Manual on 2040-cars
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
You are bidding on a nice gently used 1998 Model 900 S Saab 2 Door Convertible. This is my wife's car. She bought it in February 2000 when it had 13K miles on it. She takes the train to work so she has not put a lot of miles on it. She has taken very good care of it over the years. With the exception of oil changes and swapping tires, it has almost always been factory serviced. She has a pile of service reports/receipts showing the history.
The car has the following features:
- The car has always been garaged
- The convertible tops works well
- It has the factory multi CD tray
- The seats are leather and heated
- There are two binkys (or remote door openers) and a total of three keys
- There are a set of snow tires (currently installed) along with the normal summer use tires. Snows are 205/55R16 M+S and the summer tires are 205/50R16 M+S
- The car was just cleaned, washed and waxed. It looks great
- 5 Speed manual transmission.
- The car is fast and I mean fast. It handles very well. My wife bought a 2011 BMW 328i and I firmly believe this Saab is a better car for driving and handling.
- Neither one of us smokes so it is a smoke free car
- The original factory user manuals are included. Wait... there's more....the original Saab Helpful Hints cassette is included.
The car has had the following work or parts replaced:
- Transmission replaced in 2013, replacement was a factory reconditioned dealer replacement
- Clutch and slave cylinder in 2013
- Oil pan in 2013
- Convertible tonneau motor in 2011
- Serpentine belt and tensioner pulleys in 2011
- Brakes in 2007
- Radio 2005
- Muffler in 2003
The car has the following imperfections:
- The radio antenna sticks out of its well about 1 inch, not an issue, it works, just trying to be 100% transparent about any issues
- There is a spot of rust on the right rear fender, see picture.
- There are scrapes on the front bumper
- There are scrapes on the rear bumper allegedly from husband scraping snow blower against car
- The battery works great but if you leave the key in the ignition for more than a few minutes, it drains the battery. Give it 15 minutes rest and the car starts. It has been this way since the day we owned the car. Saab has no idea why. It is not an issue if you always remove the key from the ignition when not driving the car.
- The AC does not work. The compressor needs to be replaced. She did not want to put the money into the car so never fixed it. It is a convertible so why use AC?
- The front right tire has a slow leak. We think the tire needs to be reseated. The snows are on it now and the summer tires will need to be put on. That should take care of the leak. If the leak is still there, you will need to get a used rim.
- The rims have a few nicks and dings on them
- There are the usual nicks and dings on the body for a car that is 16 years old.
- The convertible top has a few wear spots. It does NOT leak. See the pictures.
- All the service reports are included
- The leather seats are not torn but they have some cracks in the surface of the leather. See the pictures.
This is a great little car. It has been well maintained. It is in good overall shape. There are no major issues. See list of imperfections above. You are bidding on a nice car that will be sorely missed by us. You can view the car, contact me through eBay.
There is a reserve of $2000 on the car.
I do not sell cars. I am not a car dealer. I sell tools and other cool basement related items on eBay. This is my wife's car and I am selling it for her. I have done the best I can to accurately represent the condition of the car. Please contact me if you have any questions or want to see the car. At the time of this listing, I have 1181 feedbacks over the past 8 years, all 100% positive.
Necessary Selling Information:
- There is NO warranty
- You are buying the car as is
- We will deliver within ~50 miles of Boston. Otherwise, you are responsible for picking it up or shipping the car. We will not ship it.
- A $500 deposit in Paypal is required within 48 hours of end of auction
- Full payment is required within 7 days of end of auction
- Full payment may be done with cash, cashiers check, money order or wire transfer
- All communication is done via eBay.
- There are about 100 more miles on the car since I took the picture of the odometer
Good luck bidding. You are bidding on a nice little car that needs a good home and driver for her.
Saab 900 for Sale
Auto Services in Massachusetts
Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Address: 9 North St, Jamaica-Plain
Phone: (781) 963-6629
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Seat Covers, Tops & Upholstery, Automobile Accessories
Phone: (413) 782-0335
Auto Repair & Service, Window Tinting
Address: 505 Middlesex Tpke Unit# 22, East-Boston
Phone: (978) 670-2927
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Towing
Phone: (508) 347-7469
Auto Repair & Service, Glass-Auto, Plate, Window, Etc, Windshield Repair
Address: 92 Weir St, Mansfield
Phone: (508) 824-8671
Auto Repair & Service, Tire Dealers, Tire Recap, Retread & Repair
Address: 621 Pond St, South-Weymouth
Phone: (781) 849-3077
Mon, 03 Dec 2012 08:59:00 EST
Saab lovers take notice. Swedish auction house KVD has some ultra rare Saab products on the block, and we're not talking about a 1950s Saab 92. Up for auction are a bunch of low-mileage Saab models being sold off as part of the bankrupted automaker's assets. Included in the lot of cars are models like the 2012 9-5 SportCombi (above), the 2012 9-4X (shown below) and even a 9-5 sedan driven by Victor Muller himself.
Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:30:00 EST
Discovered by PistonHeads, this Saab auction has numerous 9-5 SportCombi and 9-4X models, which should prove to be very rare cars. Only a small number of 9-4Xs were ever sold, and Saab closed up shop before the 9-5 SportCombi could even go on sale here. In addition to the rarity, many of the cars have fewer than 10 miles on their odometers and seemingly low reserve prices; a 9-4X 3.0 XWD Premium with just six miles has a current bid of 180,000 Swedish Krona (just over $27,000 USD) that has already met the reserve price. Some of the cars still have the protective factory shipping tape covering up the interior and exterior.
Other than the rare SportCombis and 9-4Xs being auctioned off, there's also a sharp 2012 9-3 Cabriolet with 11 miles on the clock and a V8-powered 2006 Saab 9-7X with just 3,003 miles.
The new owner of Saab, National Electric Vehicle Sweden, has bolted together its first two new cars at the company's traditional home in Trollhättan. The two 9-3 sedans were built to work bugs out of the production line and test newer components before full-scale production starts near the end of the year.
Thu, 03 Oct 2013 13:29:00 EST
NEVS acting President, Mattias Bergman, issued a statement saying, "Prior to our decision to start production of Saab cars, we need to finalize a few remaining dialogues to build partnerships with suppliers. We now know that the plant is ready for production." First up for NEVS will be gas-powered, turbocharged 9-3s, before bringing a facelifted, electrified variant later next year. There are also plans to rejigger Saab's never-was Phoenix architecture for production, although NEVS needs to excise the remaining General Motors tech from the platform before building anything.
According to a report on Automotive News Europe, once under way, NEVS has set an optimistic target of 120,000 units per year by 2016, with sales focused in Europe and China - there's no official word on if NEVS ever plans to bring the Saab name back to North America.
The latest video from the crew at Petrolicious covers one funky Swede - a 1989 Saab 900 SPG. Produced from 1978 to 1998, the 900 enjoyed a long history, and thanks to its iconic look, it's quickly becoming a modern classic for the off-kilter car enthusiast. The SPG, short for Special Performance Group, makes this a particularly rare find, with owner Jordan Melville saying, "I didn't even realize what I had at the time."
Melville gives a rundown of his life with the 900 and his passion for Saab overall, even reflecting on that dark day that saw the Swedish brand closed its doors. As always, the videography is excellent and the story is intriguing in this latest video from Petrolicious. You can view the entire video down below.