1998 Saab 900 Se Convertible 2-door 105k Miles 5 Speed Manual on 2040-cars
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
You are bidding on a nice gently used 1998 Model 900 S Saab 2 Door Convertible. This is my wife's car. She bought it in February 2000 when it had 13K miles on it. She takes the train to work so she has not put a lot of miles on it. She has taken very good care of it over the years. With the exception of oil changes and swapping tires, it has almost always been factory serviced. She has a pile of service reports/receipts showing the history.
The car has the following features:
- The car has always been garaged
- The convertible tops works well
- It has the factory multi CD tray
- The seats are leather and heated
- There are two binkys (or remote door openers) and a total of three keys
- There are a set of snow tires (currently installed) along with the normal summer use tires. Snows are 205/55R16 M+S and the summer tires are 205/50R16 M+S
- The car was just cleaned, washed and waxed. It looks great
- 5 Speed manual transmission.
- The car is fast and I mean fast. It handles very well. My wife bought a 2011 BMW 328i and I firmly believe this Saab is a better car for driving and handling.
- Neither one of us smokes so it is a smoke free car
- The original factory user manuals are included. Wait... there's more....the original Saab Helpful Hints cassette is included.
The car has had the following work or parts replaced:
- Transmission replaced in 2013, replacement was a factory reconditioned dealer replacement
- Clutch and slave cylinder in 2013
- Oil pan in 2013
- Convertible tonneau motor in 2011
- Serpentine belt and tensioner pulleys in 2011
- Brakes in 2007
- Radio 2005
- Muffler in 2003
The car has the following imperfections:
- The radio antenna sticks out of its well about 1 inch, not an issue, it works, just trying to be 100% transparent about any issues
- There is a spot of rust on the right rear fender, see picture.
- There are scrapes on the front bumper
- There are scrapes on the rear bumper allegedly from husband scraping snow blower against car
- The battery works great but if you leave the key in the ignition for more than a few minutes, it drains the battery. Give it 15 minutes rest and the car starts. It has been this way since the day we owned the car. Saab has no idea why. It is not an issue if you always remove the key from the ignition when not driving the car.
- The AC does not work. The compressor needs to be replaced. She did not want to put the money into the car so never fixed it. It is a convertible so why use AC?
- The front right tire has a slow leak. We think the tire needs to be reseated. The snows are on it now and the summer tires will need to be put on. That should take care of the leak. If the leak is still there, you will need to get a used rim.
- The rims have a few nicks and dings on them
- There are the usual nicks and dings on the body for a car that is 16 years old.
- The convertible top has a few wear spots. It does NOT leak. See the pictures.
- All the service reports are included
- The leather seats are not torn but they have some cracks in the surface of the leather. See the pictures.
This is a great little car. It has been well maintained. It is in good overall shape. There are no major issues. See list of imperfections above. You are bidding on a nice car that will be sorely missed by us. You can view the car, contact me through eBay.
There is a reserve of $2000 on the car.
I do not sell cars. I am not a car dealer. I sell tools and other cool basement related items on eBay. This is my wife's car and I am selling it for her. I have done the best I can to accurately represent the condition of the car. Please contact me if you have any questions or want to see the car. At the time of this listing, I have 1181 feedbacks over the past 8 years, all 100% positive.
Necessary Selling Information:
- There is NO warranty
- You are buying the car as is
- We will deliver within ~50 miles of Boston. Otherwise, you are responsible for picking it up or shipping the car. We will not ship it.
- A $500 deposit in Paypal is required within 48 hours of end of auction
- Full payment is required within 7 days of end of auction
- Full payment may be done with cash, cashiers check, money order or wire transfer
- All communication is done via eBay.
- There are about 100 more miles on the car since I took the picture of the odometer
Good luck bidding. You are bidding on a nice little car that needs a good home and driver for her.
Saab 900 for Sale
Auto Services in Massachusetts
Auto Repair & Service, New Car Dealers, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Address: 30 Penniman Rd, Sherborn
Phone: (617) 782-4574
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 263 Adams St, Roxbury-Crossing
Phone: (617) 282-4596
Auto Repair & Service, Tire Dealers
Address: 162 Bedford St, East-Mansfield
Phone: (508) 947-3700
New Car Dealers, Automobile Leasing
Address: 22 Pond St, Bridgewater
Phone: (781) 982-7222
Auto Repair & Service, Towing, Truck Wrecking
Address: 71 Moore Rd, Holbrook
Phone: (781) 337-0004
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Clutches
Address: 246 W Broadway, Somerville
Phone: (617) 268-2000
Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:29:00 EST
General Motors issued a recall for more than a half million Chevrolet Camaros on Friday morning because of an ignition-switch safety hazard that mirrors the one at the center of the company's current crisis.
Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:00:00 EST
The problem affects Camaro models from the 2010 to 2014 model years. Approximately 464,712 cars are impacted in the United States, and 511,528 overall in North America. GM will alter the Camaro key to a more standard design, and will notify car owners with a recall notice in the mail.
In an announcement, the company said the ignition switches on the Camaros are fundamentally different parts than the older ignition switches found on defective cars that are responsible for killing at least 13 people and causing 54 crashes.
Saab is gearing up to start production of the 9-3 again in September, two years after the last exampled rolled off the assembly line at the company's Trollhättan factory, Aftonbladet reports. Saab's new owner, National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB (NEVS), a Chinese-Japanese consortium created solely to buy Saab, says that the model's parts supply is the bottleneck in the production process, understandable since many of Saab's suppliers closed after it stopped production two years ago. The automaker also needs to establish a new dealership network. It is not entirely clear where Saab will market their new models, but North America is not expected to figure into their plans, at least initially.
Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:45:00 EST
Almost 400 factory employees are reportedly back working at Trollhättan, and Saab is looking to recruit 180 workers to help with production, presuming the factory can overcome its supply issues and go back online in the fall.
The new 9-3 is understood to be something short of an all-new car, a revision of the old 9-3 that started production in 2002. It will reportedly be offered initially as a four-door sedan and two-door convertible, and it will have a turbocharged engine, according to NEVS, which we expect will be a four cylinder. An electric 9-3 could come as early as next year. Turbocharged engines are part of Saab's DNA, NEVS Vice President Mattias Bergman has stated, and future Saab models will have them - despite the automaker's planned progression toward electric vehicles. The 9-3 will get small facelifts over time, says Mikael Östlund, a press officer at NEVS.
It feels utterly bizarre that we're still talking about Saab, but Reuters is reporting that the bankrupt Swedish manufacturer's American arm has gotten approval from the US Bankruptcy Court to liquidate its assets and pay back creditors. As part of the plan, secured creditors like Ally Financial will receive full repayment. Unsecured creditors, consisting of those affected by abandoned leases and contracts will get anywhere from 25 to 82 percent of their money back.
There are currently $77 million in unsecured claims, according to Reuters, but that number doesn't include claims from former Saab dealers. Naturally, the entire affair is full of lawyers and legalese. A trust formed on the Saab side will be negotiating with creditors and their affiliates in an attempt to reduce claims against Saab. This sounds like the start of a long and sordid affair...