FUN FUN FUN FUN car! This car is NOT fast...but shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear is probably my favorite driving experience. I've read that the 944 may be the best handling car ever made and that's probably stretching it a bit...but this car is FUN to drive for sure!
This is an "Early 1985" Porsche 944. This car was purchased on Ebay 3 years ago from a seller in Arizona. After buying this from Arizona, I had it shipped to Washington to my house where it was subsequently taken to a Porsche dealership in Seattle. I had all the hoses and belts (not timing belt) replaced, and the car was checked from bumper to bumper. I spend $2k on miscellaneous repairs and belt/hose replacements.
The interior is in very good condition. The seats are also in very good condition, although I added premium sheep-skin covers to protect them (the $200 a piece kind of covers, OMG you'll love them). I also spent almost $2k installing a new radio and custom pods/door speakers. I added a premium leather steering wrap and a bra. It also has professionally tinted windows ($500 job).
Shortly after purchase, I shipped the car to a family member's house in sunny California to keep it in a warm, rust-free garage. It has 96,204 original miles as of the time this was written. It runs good and it was driven from Sacramento to Los Angeles recently without any problems whatsoever. It gets about 26 mpg on the highway. The car has power everything (windows, side mirrors, moonroof, pop up headlights) which is kind of ahead of its time for 1985.
The body is in very good condition with a few small chips in the hood, and a few very minor door dings. The windshield has a small chip on the driver's side. The chip is a bit annoying and you may want to replace the windshield...or you may look past it and not have a problem with it. As with a car this age, there are a few minor issues:
* The A/C needs recharging. The fan/blower works fine. Heater works fine. Windshield wipers work fine. Lights/headlights work fine. Clutch is smooth and it shifts smoothly.
* The passenger window has a new motor/wiring by the Porsche dealership, but the window rocker switch on the driver's door broke and it will not roll down presently.
* The dash has some minor cracks, but it is in amazingly good condition for its age.
* The tires show some aging on the sidewalls, but the tread is good and appears to have well over half their tread left.
* Although the car is currently in CA in the 95661 zip, the car is not registered in CA, nor has it ever been smogged in CA. If the car is sold to a CA buyer, the buyer understands that the car may not currently meet CA smog requirements, even though it is in stock condition. The car currently has Law Enforcement Memorial plates and is tagged in WA. Plates will be removed after sale. I see that a lot of people use 944s for club racing so...maybe this is how she'll finally end up?
Note that the 2nd owner only had the car less than a year. According to him, the car was owned by a female real estate agent who loved the car (that much is obvious) and he bought it in an estate sale. So this is basically a 2-owner car. Also note that the car DID pass smog in Arizona 4 times (but because WA doesn't require a smog certificate for a car this old there was no reason to smog it). Will it pass CA smog? No idea. Let's assume that it won't so if you plan on registering this is California BUYER BEWARE. I assume NO liability regarding its smog-ability in CA or any other state.
Buyer must pick up or have carrier pick up car in the 95661 zip code. Buyer pays ALL shipping costs and seller assumes no responsibility after carrier takes possession. There are many carriers to choose from and I was extremely satisfied with the transport process when this car was shipped to me.
After the sale, we can exchange phone numbers and make arrangements. Please expect to make full payment within 3 days of end of sale. I would prefer a personal check to save some PayPal fees (look at my feedback and be assured you'll get the car after the check clears) OR we can add the PayPal fees to the final bid...whatever that ends up being. You will then choose a transport carrier and pay them directly. If you have zero feedback or some negative feedback, please do NOT bid on this car. Thanks for respecting that.
This car wasn't meant to be stored in a garage. Buy it, enjoy it, and turn heads driving down the road! It's amazing how many people have given me the thumbs up and I was just minding my own business. 944s are cool, plain and simple and this car handles like a DREAM.