Are you ready for your muscle car? Do you want a head turner? If so, this is your car!
This is a customized 68 LeMans with GTO hood, GTO spoilers and GTO badging throughout. This Pontiac has been restored with all brand new parts. A new custom 383 Stroker has been dropped in with a 3” Flowmaster exhaust. Car has a nice “throaty”, muscle purrr. The car has little to no rust underneath and body work is not a concern. It has been garage-kept and very well maintained. All the items below are NEW and have been installed within the last 2 years.
- New custom built turn-key 383 Stroker crate motor with aluminum heads. Dyno-tuned and tested at 362HP/418lb of torque. Installed June 2011.
- 2,347 miles on new engine/tranny. (Been using VR-1 Racing Oil. Required first 5,000 miles, then any oil can be used.)
- New graphite coated pistons.
- New forged 5.7 full floating connecting rods.
- New full 3.80” stroke camshaft.
- New chrome-flame valve covers.
- New HEI ignition w/built-in coil.
- New starter.
- New motor mounts to convert Pontiac to Chevy.
- New 700R4 automatic transmission.
- New Edelbrock 650cc 4-barrel carburetor w/manual choke.
- New chrome water pump.
- New manual fuel pump.
- New chrome air filter housing.
- New aluminum double-row radiator.
- New transmission cooler.
- New transmission cooler lines.
- New 17-gal aluminum fuel tank w/new tank holding straps.
- New fuel lines w/new inline fuel filter.
- New fuel sensor float and sending unit.
- New Flowmaster 3” dual exhaust & mufflers with angle-cut chrome exhaust tips.
- New exhaust manifolds.
- New transmission cross support bar.
- New drive shaft.
- New power steering pump.
- New chrome alternator.
- New chrome brackets for alternator and steering pump.
- New cooling fan.
- New Drum-to-Disc front brake conversion (SSBC) w/pressure control valve. (Rear are still drum.)
- New control arms.
- New pre-bent brake line tubing throughout.
- New front suspension rebuild kit. (Tie rods, bushings, etc)
- New 2” drop spindles that dropped front end.
- New Painless electrical wiring throughout.
- New Painless fuse box.
- New Chip Foose Nitrous Legend rims (18x8).
- New Nitto tires. (225x45xZR18)
- New vinyl convertible top.
- New convertible power top motor.
- New rear chrome bumper.
- New headlights.
- New hood scoop LED lights.
- New side mirror. (New chrome spare available as well)
- New door handles with key lock mechanisms.
- New window tinting.
- New headlights.
- Grill painted with GTO emblems installed throughout (Grill, sides and interior).
- LED lighting installed in hood scoops.
- New carpet.
- New dynomat.
- New floormats.
- New stereo system with 8 speakers.
- Hand-built stereo housing box with custom light switches.
- New custom interior lights throughout.
- New rear view mirror.
- New 6-gauge set. (Fuel, speedo, tach, battery, temp & oil pressure)
- New dash panel. (Turn signals are green. Headlights on bright are blue.)
- New key ignition assembly.
- New headlights on/off switch.
- New headlight brights floor switch.
- New glove box w/new lock assembly.
- New racing steering wheel.
- Leather seats. No work performed. Outstanding condition. Seats were moved and re-bolted 6” back off of crossbeam to sit lower in the car which provided an angled sit-back seat and further arm distance from steering wheel. This car is VERY comfortable to drive. (I’m 6’ tall.)
- Door panels. Little work performed. Outstanding condition. New arm rests and window cranks were installed.
What’s left on this car?...very little. Car is ready for body and paint. The car looks great from a distance, but when you get very close you can see the minor imperfections. It also needs steering stops to prevent the brake calipers from hitting the control arms when making sharp turns (like U-turns). (SSBC had no others choices/options to prevent this.) This should be a quick easy fix though. This car also has no heat or air.
All parts purchase paperwork comes with car. A repair manual does as well.
Winner of auction is responsible for payment within 10 days of auction closing date. Payment accepted is certified bank cashier's check or cash. Winner is responsible for pick-up and/or any shipping costs if winner chooses to have shipping company transport car. Car is located in Tampa, FL area.