I have my 1985 Mercury Capri RS 5.0 (5 Speed Manual Transmission) for sale. I purchased the vehicle in August of 2013 and at that time it had not been registered since 2002 in CA. I focused my attentioned on making the car CA legal first so here is what I did to make it CA legal.
1. Rebuilt Carb - $100
2. Had 3 new CA approved Cats (Catalytic Converters) professionally installed (Receipt Included - $900) - Also had them install Chrome tips.
3. Installed [All New] - oil / oil filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires (Ford Racing), Distributor (Stock, but have Billet MSD, can include), Ignition Module, Ignition Coil (Stock, have MSD), Water Pump, Speedo cable & Sensor.
4. Jetted down carb to pass smog.
*Mileage is not accurate
Note: I have owned two other 5.0's (84 Capri & 85 Capri) and I have to say this one has some real power... even after passing smog. The previous owner that sold me the vehicle (He owned it for 10 years) said he had been working on converting this to a race / track car. He rebuilt the engine, added a performance carb, etc..) Not sure all that was done, but this car has a punch to it. If you take it for a spin you will see what I mean. Sorry I don't know more... maybe someone with more experience will recognize some of the work that has been done.
I have also done a lot of work / collected parts on the interior and exterior. Here is a list:
1. New Carpet in Hatch and Cabin
2. New Headliner (Grey cloth)
3. Replaced sun visors with visors from another 85 Capri RS.
4. Refurbished and repainted entire dash. (Removed, repairs, repainted)
5. Changed speedometer from stock (85MPH to 200MPH)
6. Replaced Heater Core and Thermometer Sensor
7. Replaced Turn Signal Flasher
8. Purchased Vinyl Cases for T-Tops
9. Installed brand new Rockford Fosgate speakers (Dash and Rear)
10. Purchased / Installed NIB Stock Radio - VERY RARE - Works and Sounds Great!
11. Refurbished Door panels - new carpet on lower kick panel
1. New Handle on driver side door (Have passenger handle as well)
2. Purchased Rare Turbo Hood Scoop (Capri Specific).
3. Replaced Installed Marchel Fog Lamps (Very hard to find)
4. New Hydraulic Lifters for Hatch
1. Extra set of Stock 10-hole Wheels
2. Misc Capri Specific parts (Molding, Light Markers...) Hard to find - will help with restoration.
My wife and I just had our second child and just don't have the time to keep investing in this.
Please call 408-813-7630 if you have any questions. Thanks! Nathan
NOTE: Payment is due 10 days after close of auction.
On Jul-09-14 at 15:03:35 PDT, seller added the following information:
Note made on 7/9/2014: Thank you for all the interest and questions regarding the vehicle. I have had a few people ask about the actual mileage of the vehicle. Here is what I know...
As I mentioned in the original description, the posted mileage of 1,326 is not accurate. This is due in part to changing out the original speedometer with the 200MPH speedometer. The mileage read 20,710 when I removed the original speedometer. However, when I purchased the vehicle the speedometer was not functioning, so in turn the odometer wasn't functioning due to the gear being stripped. I changed the gear, speedometer sensor and speedo cable (I believe the gear was all the was necessary, but went ahead and changed everything else) and got it working when I installed the 200mph speedometer. Also, the original and replacement speedometers rollover every 100,000 miles so you can't really know how many times if any it rolled over. Another thing to note is the previous owner said that he rebuilt the engine. He said that it had approximately 20,000 miles on the engine since the rebuild when I bought it in August of 2013. I have put about 4,000 miles on the car since I purchased. Sorry I don't know anything more specific. Hope this helps.
On Jul-09-14 at 18:47:52 PDT, seller added the following information:
A few people asked if I could post a video. Here is a video of the car being started and idling.