Engine:1.6L 1597CC l4 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated
For Sale By:Private Seller
Number of Cylinders: 4
Model: MX-5 Miata
Trim: Base Convertible 2-Door
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Drive Type: RWD
Power Options: Air Conditioning
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Black
I bought this Miata locally about 3-4 months ago, and due to repair bills on my main vehicle I have yet to register it. I have another Miata so I am looking to gain the garage spot back.
No leaking/burning oil
Smooth shifting - Gear shifter is tight (Miata's have a common issue of shifters needing to be rebuilt)
Old school aftermarket CD player (headrest speakers as well)
Long nose crank
Clean top with no rips/tears/wear. Window resealed, and looks/functions as it should.
Brakes in good shape with a good amount of pad
Recent maintenance completed within the past 15-20k:
Shocks (stock replacement type)
Valve Cover Gasket
Master Cylinder (with fluid)
Slave Cylinder (with fluid)
Synthetic T6 Oil Change
Air Filter (K&N)
1. Small clunk from the passenger side when taking a sharp turn. Ball joints are past their prime after 23 years and will need to be replaced.
2. Off brand tires (Barum?). Rears are in great shape, but the fronts have some wear on the inside of them. Stock wheels repainted graphite grey by myself. After 23 years of brake dust/grime they needed a refinish.
3. AutoCheck doesn't list an accident, but at one point in it's life it was tapped in the front driver side. No frame damage. Fender replaced with factory fender. The driver door has been repainted, but does not match the rest of the car. No fading of paint, but there are some dings and dents (nothing serious).
5. Early Miata's have been prone to rusting, but this Miata has lived in the southern states most of it's lifetime. Minor surface rust on the underside in the rear and no rust on the body. The muffler doesn't look factory, and for appearance reasons should be replaced. It does not leak. Needs a good degreasing to the underside. There is a heat shield that rattles slightly when started when cold.
5. Interior is clean. Driver seat has minor wear to the side bolster. Small crack on dash, but hardly noticeable. Needs a shift boot.
Please let me know if you have any questions at all. Located in Clermont, FL (30 min west of Orlando). Buyer responsible for shipping. $1000 deposit within 48 hour auction close.
Mazda MX-5 Miata for Sale
- Mx-5 miata rare automatic
- 25th anniver new manual convertible 2.0l spare tire tire inflator black grille(US $33,100.00)
- 2dr conv gr new 2.0l leather seats convertible roof - manual power mirrors(US $30,640.00)
- 2013 mazda mx-5 miata club convertible 2-door 2.0l(US $20,990.00)
- 1999 mazda miata w/hardtop low miles ( no accidents )(US $7,500.00)
- 1991 mazda miata 1.6l(US $3,800.00)
Auto Services in Florida
Xtreme Auto Upholstery ★★★★★
Velocity Window Tinting ★★★★★
Value Tire & Alignment ★★★★★
Auto blogSat, 05 Apr 2014 13:00:00 EST
It seems that Yellow Sac spiders really, really love Mazda. Three years after Mazda recalled 52,000 Mazda6 sedans over spider webs obstructing the evaporative canister vent lines of 2009 and 2010 Mazda6 models, another recall has been issued for 42,000 more of the models built between 2010 and 2012 and equipped with the 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine.
According to the automaker, there have been nine confirmed sightings of spiders in vent lines since the original recall. It seems that covers were applied at the factory to keep the arachnids from entering, but it hasn't quite exterminated the problem. A reflash of the ECU is required that "[changes] the logic behind how the car purges the charcoal canister during normal operation," says Jeremy Barnes, Director, Public Relations & Brand Experience at Mazda North American Operations.
So far, Mazda has not recorded any fires, accidents or injuries due to this tangled mess of webs. Recall notices will be mailed out to owners later this month. Scroll down below for the statement from Mazda, along with the official recall notice from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
It may not be quite as radical as some of the company's past rotary racers, but the new Mazda6 Skyactiv-D racecar does have a notable powertrain underhood: the automaker's brand-new clean diesel four-cylinder engine.
Three of these new diesel-powered Mazda6 racers will take to the track in the Grand-Am GX class of the upcoming 2013 Rolex 24 at Daytona on January 26, with five drivers on each team. The car you see above, number 70, is sponsored by Mazda's longtime motorsports partner, SpeedSource.
Check out our full gallery of high-res images live from the 2013 Detroit Auto Show above and feel free to read through the related press release from Mazda below.
We last reported on Mazda's next-generation rotary engine project in June of 2012 when the automaker built its last Renesis-powered RX-8, but rumors of this new engine's development had been around way before that final car left the production line in Japan, last year.
We now have enthusiastic confirmation that this next-gen rotary engine is really and truly going forward. It is still referred to as 16X and has several priorities. First is to lower fuel consumption compared to the RX-8's engine, while still making gains in terms of performance. The second is to reduce the burning of oil that was happening at the highest revs. And the third and final priority, and perhaps most key for enthusiasts, is to give the powertrain a big torque upgrade.
What we were told by a Mazda USA insider (while we are all here together at the festivities in Monterey) is that the first application of the new 16X engine will be happening in two years' time in an as yet undisclosed new model. Oh, the mind races to our eternal Mazda wish list...