2002 Toyota Mr2 Spyder Base Convertible 2-door 1.8l (2-owner 91k Miles) on 2040-cars
is clean without any dents or scratches except a very small ding on the hood and front bumper
Danville, Indiana, United States
This is my extra fun car and it is truly fun to drive. I drive it only in fair weather (never in the winter) and only for pleasure. It is not and never has been my daily driver. I have always had it in the garage or storage. It has NEVER been driven in snow. I won’t even take it out if rain is forecast. The top is in perfect condition and easy to put up and down. I prefer to drive with the top down unless it is really hot and then I put the top up and run the ice cold AC. If it is a little chilly out the heater will make for a comfortable ride “top down”. This car is quick, handles crisply and has a secure road “feel”. The ride is sports-car stiff which is the price we pay for the tight handling. It has a 5-speed manual transmission which is smooth and easy to shift. I routinely get 30 mpg. I am the second owner but first owner was a woman (non-smoker) as well. Car is owned free and clear. Please feel free to contact Jennifer (317-679-2093 evenings) or Jack (317-679-1595 anytime) for more information or to answer any questions you may have.
This is a very clean sports car with low mileage for its age. Lady driven (gently).
- Model year 2002
- Mileage 90979 as of 8/29/2014
- Oil changed every 3000 miles.
- Brakes excellent.
- Transmission excellent, gearbox shifts smoothly.
- Five speed manual with H-I pattern (5th is upper right, reverse is lower right)
1st 3rd 5th
2nd 4th Rev
- Black fabric top in perfect condition. Easily put up and down. No leaks.
- New hand brake cables in 2013.
- Economical. Up to 34 mpg depending on how driven.
- Interior is excellent except for some carpet wear. Floor mats are included.
- Cloth seats with black and white seat covers included. Seats are in good condition with some wear on edges.
- Exterior is clean without any dents or scratches except a very small ding on the hood and front bumper.
- Newer factory-spec tires (Yokohama) have had about 14000 miles of use.
Terms are: Sold as is, no warranty, cash, money order(s) or certified check only. No lien, I have title. Will deliver within 100 mile radius of Indianapolis, IN for $150 additional otherwise Buyer responsible for shipping/pickup. $500 deposit by money order within 72 hours of auction end. Balance due before shipping/pickup in money order(s), cashiers check, or cash.
SPECIFICATIONS (Courtesy of MotorTrend Magazine. See link below)
- 1,794 cc 1.8 liters in-line 4 mid engine with 79 mm bore, 91.5 mm stroke, 10 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Unleaded fuel
- Fuel consumption: EPA urban (mpg): 25 and country/highway (mpg): 30
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 30 and EPA city (mpg): 25
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 12.7 gallon main unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 103 kW , 138 HP SAE @ 6,400 rpm; 125 ft lb , 169 Nm @ 4,400 rpm
- Four-wheel ABS
- Four disc brakes including four ventilated disc
- Spacesaver steel rim internal spare wheel
- Strut front and rear suspension independent with stabilizer bar and coil springs
- Body color front and rear bumpers
- Coefficient of drag: 0.35
- Manual softtop convertible roof with glass rear window
- Day time running lights
- Driver and passenger power body color door mirrors
- External dimensions: overall length (inches): 153, overall width (inches): 66.7, overall height (inches): 48.8, wheelbase (inches): 96.5, front track (inches): 58.1, rear track (inches): 57.5 and curb to curb turning circle (feet): 34.8
- Complex surface lens halogen bulb headlights
- Heat reflective glass
- Luxury trim alloy on gearknob
- Rear window with defogger
- Tinted glass on cabin
- Weights: curb weight (lbs) 2,195
- Windshield wipers with variable intermittent wipe
- 12v power outlet: front
- Air conditioning
- Fixed mast antenna
- Peripheral anti-theft protection
- Front ashtray
- Manufacturer’s own audio system with AM/FM, CD player and cassette
- Cargo area light
- Front seats cigar lighter
- Full dashboard console with covered storage box , partial floor console with open storage box
- Courtesy lights
- Front seats cup holders pop out
- Door ajar warning
- Door pockets/bins for driver seat and passenger seat
- Floor covering: carpet in load area
- Driver front airbag , passenger front airbag with occupant switch off
- 3-point reel front seat belts on driver seat and passenger seat with pre-tensioners
- Lockable glove compartment
- Two head restraints on front seats
- Illuminated entry system
- Internal dimensions: front headroom (inches): 37.3, rear headroom (inches): 0, front hip room (inches): 49.8, rear hip room (inches): 0, front leg room (inches): 42.2, rear leg room (inches): 0, front shoulder room (inches): 51, rear shoulder room (inches): 0 and interior volume (cu ft): 0
- Low fuel level warning
- Remote power locks
- Power steering
- Front power windows with one one-touch
- Front reading lights
- Rear view mirror
- Remote fuel filler door release
- Mechanical remote trunk/hatch release
- Seating: two seats
- Cloth seat upholstery with additional cloth
- Four speaker(s)
- Leather covered steering wheel with tilt adjustment
- Driver and passenger vanity mirror
- Ventilation system with recirculation setting
- Wind deflector behind seats
Maserati Spyder for Sale
Auto Services in Indiana
Used Car Dealers
Address: 107 US Highway 42 W, Bethlehem
Phone: (502) 732-9980
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 9236 Indianapolis Blvd, Hammond
Phone: (888) 495-9046
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Seat Covers, Tops & Upholstery
Phone: (309) 533-7959
Auto Repair & Service, Tire Dealers, Brake Repair
Address: 10513 Dixie Hwy, Elizabeth
Phone: (502) 814-3212
Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Address: 68389 County Road 23, New-Paris
Phone: (574) 831-5275
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Salvage, Towing
Phone: (317) 384-8533
Wed, 02 Jan 2013 19:58:00 EST
While it was in development, Maserati rolled out its 2014 Quattroporte for a little testing, but rather than slather the big luxury sedan in gobs of camouflage to protect from it prying eyes, engineers used the cover of darkness to conceal the vehicle's design. Then they made a video about their cleverness and posted it on the Internet. The team spent some time whipping around the Balocco Proving Ground with chief test driver Fabrizio Galvan at the controls to evaluate the sedan's new drivetrain, noise levels and handling in the real world.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:59:00 EST
We got our hands on the 2014 Quattroporte last month for a first drive ahead of the vehicle's North American debut at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show. You can read our impressions here, but first, take a look at the video below for a new glimpse at the machine's development.
Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:01:00 EST
The Gas Guzzler schedule, with mpg ratings and charges that haven't changed since 1991, lays out which fuel-swillers owe what to Uncle Sam.
I started thinking about the "Gas Guzzler Tax" - considerably less well known as The Energy Tax Act of 1978 - when I was driving Dodge's new Challenger SRT Hellcat last week. Unsurprisingly for a car that can burn 1.5 gallons of gas per minute at max tilt, theoretically able to empty a full tank of premium in about 13 minutes, the Hellcat will be subject to the Gas Guzzler Tax schedule when it goes on sale.
Maserati won't be showcasing any all-new products at the Los Angeles Auto Show this year, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have anything to celebrate. It is, after all, the marque's centenary this year, and in 2014 has achieved the best sales it's ever racked up in the US market.
The most noteworthy Trident model to be displayed in LA next week will be the revised Quattroporte, the S Q4 and GTS trims of which are treated to some enhancements for the 2015 model year. The top-spec Quattroporte GTS in particular "benefits from a sportier and aggressive appearance," highlighted by color-matched lower bodywork, an updated emblem, red accents on the wheels and upgraded equipment inside, including red leather upholstery, contrast stitching, piano black trim and integrated wifi.
For 2015, the smaller Ghibli sedan also gets standard navigation and Bluetooth connectivity, as well as a new finish for the brake calipers. Maserati will also showcase the GranTurismo MC Centennial Editions, as well as the Alfieri concept originally unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show (new images of which we've included below). Finally, the Petersen Automotive Museum is also collaborating with the Italian automaker to display an array of historic Maseratis in the West Hall lobby of the Los Angeles Convention Center.