1948 Lincoln Continental Resto Mod on 2040-cars
Homosassa, Florida, United States
Beautiful 1948 Lincoln Continental Resto-Mod. The best parts were used in the build of this classic. Ready to drive across America tomorrow. Always garaged and driven, not a trailer queen. This car has taken part in the Good Guys Touring and Power Tour Key West. For sale by private owner with a clear, Florida title.
- Very straight, all metal body. No rust, no dents.
- Continental kit.
- All new and/or re-chromed accents. No dents in any chrome.
- Chrome fender mud guards.
- Side & rear glass original and not scratched up. Side windows are tinted. Front glass was replaced.
- All rubber replaced.
- Eight year old paint job still in show quality shape.
- Coker 15" 225/75/R15 Wide Whites, Sidewall tires with Chrome Reverse wheels, Baby Moon caps.
- 1977 Pacer front end with rack & pinion steering and disc. brakes.
- 4-wheel disc. brakes.
- Trunk battery.
- Finished trunk in carpet.
- Wilwood front & rear, dimpled/slotted disc. brake rotors.
- Vintage Air and heat.
- Converted, all 12 volt system.
- Complete Painless Wiring.
- Completely restored, all original gauges/speedometer, in stock dash.
- Power: Steering, brakes, windows, locks, seats, antenna.
- Electric, 2 speed windshield wipers.
- 1969 Impala tilt column/wheel with cruise control.
- 1995 Ford Thunderbird power leather seats.
- Original rear seats covered in real tan leather.
- All Tan leather interior with suede headliner & suede sunvisors with mirrors and lights.
- Keyless entry.
- Clarion CD player with six CD changer, I pod, AM/FM, TV ready, Sirus ready, front/ rear speakers, remote control, Garmen equipped.
- 1979 Ford 460ci crate engine. 680 Holley. Edelbrock aluminum high rise intake. Fuel pressure gauge. MSD ignition. Chrome Serpentine belt system with internal regulator Delco alternator, ac compressor, and power steering pump.
- $1,000. Walker, custom oversized radiator specially made for this car.
- Front/rear electric fans.
- TH400/AOD transmission.
- 9" ford rear end with 3:50 gears.
- Electric fuel pump with aircraft grade, fuel lines.
- New gas tank with new sending unit.
- Stainless engine compartment.
- Proven on the Good Guys & Power Tour runs.
- 79,678 miles on build and odometer since completed eight years ago.
- Over $200,000 invested in this build.
- Many build and tour pictures comes with the car.
Imperfections: Windshield frame is original aluminum. There are small spots on both lower sides near the corners where the paint has lifted slightly. It is not rust but oxidation from the original aluminum. Small chip in front windshield covered by a sticker.
After eight years and driven regularly, that is all the negatives we can say about the car.
We are representing this car for it's owner that we personally know. We have witnessed some of the time, money and care the owner has put into this classic over the past eight years we have known of the car.
Auction's terms: Winning bidder will give a $1,000. deposit within 48 hours of the auctions end. Winner will inspect car within two weeks of the auctions end. At that time you will pay for the car in full and pick the car up or decline the sale. We understand that the buyer could be traveling a considerable distance so the time frame is not set in stone. If the car is misrepresented, the deposit is refundable through Paypal. If it is just buyer's remorse, the deposit is non-refundable. Keep in mind that all monies have to clear before the car is released. This includes a Cashier's check as they still need time to clear. Thank you for your consideration.
Lincoln Continental for Sale
Auto Services in Florida
New Car Dealers
Address: 3001 US Highway 19, Tarpon-Springs
Phone: (727) 937-7163
Auto Repair & Service, Auto Transmission
Address: 587 105th Ave N, Lake-Worth
Phone: (561) 333-6444
Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Truck Service & Repair
Address: 4015 N 40th St, Lutz
Phone: (813) 626-5805
Auto Repair & Service, Used Car Dealers, Automobile Parts & Supplies
Address: 4811 Dr Martin Luther King Blvd, Tice
Phone: (239) 431-3464
Auto Repair & Service, Recreational Vehicles & Campers-Repair & Service
Address: 631 16th St, Panama-City-Beach
Phone: (850) 866-6999
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Emission Repair-Automobile & Truck
Address: 7121 9th Ave N, Redington-Beach
Phone: (727) 755-2772
Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:00:00 EST
Looking to build on the momentum it struggled to establish with the MKZ, Lincoln recently unveiled the production version of its all-new MKC last month at the LA Auto Show. With a proven platform shared with the Ford Escape and striking design, the 2015 Lincoln MKC goes on sale next summer ready to take on the ever-expanding world of luxury compact crossovers. Breaking into this new segment, Lincoln has priced the MKC aggressively as one of the least-expensive offerings in its class, starting at $33,995 (*including destination charges).
Fri, 05 Sep 2014 17:02:00 EST
At that price, the 2015 MKC costs a little bit more than a fully loaded 2014 Ford Escape Titanium and is just slightly less costly than the Acura RDX and Volvo XC60. More importantly, it's thousands less than Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Mercedes GLK-Class. The MKC will be offered in three trim levels for now - there is still no more information about Lincoln's new Black Label products - ranging from the base Premiere up to the range-topping Reserve.
The Premiere will come standard with features like active grille shutters, push-button start, remote start, dual-zone climate control and heated front seats, while the midgrade Select starts at $37,225 and adds upgraded 18-inch wheels, ambient lighting, daytime running lights and a steering wheel featuring Wollsdorf leather. The top-shelf Reserve trim level starts at $40,930 and brings even more luxury features including the panoramic roof, navigation, cooled front seats and wifi access.
Lincoln is making the decisive commitment that it wants to improve its brand perception going forward. It can't be cheap to hire A-list talent like Academy Award-winning actor Matthew McConaughey and director Nicolas Winding Refn, best known for Drive, for its new ad campaign for the 2015 MKC crossover, but the company is showing that it's serious about the new vehicle and its future. The first three of these five commercials are just hitting YouTube, and they begin airing on television on September 6.
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:30:00 EST
The Live in Your Moment campaign is all about Lincoln trying to sell not just the MKC to customers but also explain the brand's philosophy. It's one of the oldest luxury automakers around, but hasn't exactly had a glorious history, especially recently. Based on these first ads, we can see that there's a definite focus on philosophizing rather than focusing on the crossover. At times, McConaughey seems just a mustache and a mangled beer can away from reprising his role from True Detective.
The first ad (above) is simply titled Intro and sets the mood and concept for the whole campaign. Bull has McConaughey talking to a longhorn in the middle of a road, and I Just Like It has him explaining his affinity for the brand. Lincoln's full release is available below, and you can view the other ads by flipping through the playlist in the video player above.
Lincoln has clearly been working hard to get the word out about its 2013 MKZ sedan. The Dearborn automaker has taken out lavish spreads to trumpet its boldly styled new model in magazines of every description, along with placing commercials for both the vehicle and the reborn brand behind it on all manner of television programs, including the super-costly Super Bowl earlier this month.
Pity, then, that Lincoln dealers don't have enough MKZs to sell. According to The Detroit News, parent company Ford has spent a good portion of its time at this week's National Automobile Dealers Association meeting in Florida attempting to pacify upset dealers who don't have enough examples of the pivotal new vehicle in stock.
As the DetNews notes, Lincoln only sold 453 MKZs last month, a whopping 73-percent decrease over the same period last year when the sedan's predecessor was on sale. In fact, the stunted supply had enough impact that Lincoln's January figures worked out to a 32-year low for the brand, just as it's trying to get back on its feet. This, despite the fact that the MKZ is said to have the biggest number of pre-orders in the marque's history.