1948 Lincoln Continental Resto Mod on 2040-cars
Homosassa, Florida, United States
Beautiful 1948 Lincoln Continental Resto-Mod. The best parts were used in the build of this classic. Ready to drive across America tomorrow. Always garaged and driven, not a trailer queen. This car has taken part in the Good Guys Touring and Power Tour Key West. For sale by private owner with a clear, Florida title.
- Very straight, all metal body. No rust, no dents.
- Continental kit.
- All new and/or re-chromed accents. No dents in any chrome.
- Chrome fender mud guards.
- Side & rear glass original and not scratched up. Side windows are tinted. Front glass was replaced.
- All rubber replaced.
- Eight year old paint job still in show quality shape.
- Coker 15" 225/75/R15 Wide Whites, Sidewall tires with Chrome Reverse wheels, Baby Moon caps.
- 1977 Pacer front end with rack & pinion steering and disc. brakes.
- 4-wheel disc. brakes.
- Trunk battery.
- Finished trunk in carpet.
- Wilwood front & rear, dimpled/slotted disc. brake rotors.
- Vintage Air and heat.
- Converted, all 12 volt system.
- Complete Painless Wiring.
- Completely restored, all original gauges/speedometer, in stock dash.
- Power: Steering, brakes, windows, locks, seats, antenna.
- Electric, 2 speed windshield wipers.
- 1969 Impala tilt column/wheel with cruise control.
- 1995 Ford Thunderbird power leather seats.
- Original rear seats covered in real tan leather.
- All Tan leather interior with suede headliner & suede sunvisors with mirrors and lights.
- Keyless entry.
- Clarion CD player with six CD changer, I pod, AM/FM, TV ready, Sirus ready, front/ rear speakers, remote control, Garmen equipped.
- 1979 Ford 460ci crate engine. 680 Holley. Edelbrock aluminum high rise intake. Fuel pressure gauge. MSD ignition. Chrome Serpentine belt system with internal regulator Delco alternator, ac compressor, and power steering pump.
- $1,000. Walker, custom oversized radiator specially made for this car.
- Front/rear electric fans.
- TH400/AOD transmission.
- 9" ford rear end with 3:50 gears.
- Electric fuel pump with aircraft grade, fuel lines.
- New gas tank with new sending unit.
- Stainless engine compartment.
- Proven on the Good Guys & Power Tour runs.
- 79,678 miles on build and odometer since completed eight years ago.
- Over $200,000 invested in this build.
- Many build and tour pictures comes with the car.
Imperfections: Windshield frame is original aluminum. There are small spots on both lower sides near the corners where the paint has lifted slightly. It is not rust but oxidation from the original aluminum. Small chip in front windshield covered by a sticker.
After eight years and driven regularly, that is all the negatives we can say about the car.
We are representing this car for it's owner that we personally know. We have witnessed some of the time, money and care the owner has put into this classic over the past eight years we have known of the car.
Auction's terms: Winning bidder will give a $1,000. deposit within 48 hours of the auctions end. Winner will inspect car within two weeks of the auctions end. At that time you will pay for the car in full and pick the car up or decline the sale. We understand that the buyer could be traveling a considerable distance so the time frame is not set in stone. If the car is misrepresented, the deposit is refundable through Paypal. If it is just buyer's remorse, the deposit is non-refundable. Keep in mind that all monies have to clear before the car is released. This includes a Cashier's check as they still need time to clear. Thank you for your consideration.
Lincoln Continental for Sale
Auto Services in Florida
Auto Repair & Service, Brake Repair, Air Conditioning Service & Repair
Address: 1137 S Nova Road, Daytona-Beach
Phone: (386) 677-1703
Used Car Dealers
Address: 2172 N Military Trl, Briny-Breezes
Phone: (561) 688-6263
Auto Repair & Service
Phone: (352) 428-7524
Auto Repair & Service, Brake Repair, Auto Transmission
Address: 90 NW Spanish River Blvd, Boca-Raton
Phone: (561) 666-9507
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 1855 SW 4th Ave, Village-Of-Golf
Phone: (561) 274-4887
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Glass-Auto, Plate, Window, Etc, Windshield Repair
Address: 2201 SE Indian St, Jensen-Beach
Phone: (772) 286-9111
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 11:01:00 EST
Ford has announced a major recall of 850,000 vehicles from model years 2013 and 2014 due to a problem with the "restraints control module."
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:30:00 EST
According to Ford, a short circuit could develop in the module, causing the airbag warning light to illuminate. In more severe cases, dependent on where the short develops, the airbags and seatbelt pre-tensioners may not work in the event of an accident. The problems can be more wide-ranging than that, too, as systems that rely on information from the control module, such as the stability control can be affected.
With 850,000 vehicles affected, it's no surprise that some of Ford's volume leaders are covered. That includes the Fusion and Lincoln MKZ sedans, as well as the incredibly recall-prone Escape and the C-Max MPV.
It used to be that if you wanted a luxury SUV, you had to go big. Just look at the first high-riders released by some of the major luxury automakers - Audi Q7, Cadillac Escalade, Lexus LX - and you'll see what we mean. But since 2009 the small premium crossover segment has grown a whopping 200 percent, so it's no surprise that each has followed up with smaller luxury crossovers. And this is the latest.
Tue, 02 Apr 2013 18:55:00 EST
At the other end of the utility spectrum from the Navigator, the new Lincoln MKC is based on the Ford Escape (much as the old pseudo-premium Mercury Mariner was), but completely rebodied and luxed up to put it in another league. Although we're still not sold on Lincoln's family fascia, the grille treatment on the MKC is certainly one of the better variations on the theme to date. The Dart-like rear lights dominate the wrap-around tailgate, and the overall shape looks taut and upscale. The same can be said of the dynamically-designed interior, taking the concept revealed in Detroit earlier this year to production fairly seamlessly.
Power will come from a choice of EcoBoost four-cylinder engines with turbocharging and direct injection: a 2.0-liter with 240 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque, or a slightly punchier new 2.3-liter with 275 hp and 300 lb-ft. Lincoln didn't disclose what transmission they'll be mated to, but did note that the MKC carries the brand's "signature" push-button gear shifter. It comes standard in front drive, but buyers who upgrade to all-wheel drive (or tick the right box) will also benefit from a new adaptive suspension Lincoln calls Continuously Controlled Damping. Other features include an approach-detection system that lights the car up and projects a Lincoln "welcome mat" on the pavement when you get close to the car, and a "bread-crumbing" feature that lets you track where your vehicle has been.
New York Auto Show, Jim Farley interview, 2014 Chevrolet Silverado fuel economy, Ford fuel economy app challenge
Episode #327 of the Autoblog Podcast is here, and this week, Dan Roth, Zach Bowman and Jeff Ross talk about this year's New York Auto Show, Chevrolet's latest assault in the pickup truck fuel economy battle, and Ford's reward for developing a better fuel economy app. Dan also has an interview with Ford's Jim Farley about the future of Lincoln. We wrap with your questions and emails, and for those of you who hung with us live on our UStream channel, thanks for taking the time. Keep reading for our Q&A module for you to scroll through and follow along, too. Thanks for listening!
Autoblog Podcast #327: