1948 Lincoln Continental Resto Mod on 2040-cars
Homosassa, Florida, United States
Beautiful 1948 Lincoln Continental Resto-Mod. The best parts were used in the build of this classic. Ready to drive across America tomorrow. Always garaged and driven, not a trailer queen. This car has taken part in the Good Guys Touring and Power Tour Key West. For sale by private owner with a clear, Florida title.
- Very straight, all metal body. No rust, no dents.
- Continental kit.
- All new and/or re-chromed accents. No dents in any chrome.
- Chrome fender mud guards.
- Side & rear glass original and not scratched up. Side windows are tinted. Front glass was replaced.
- All rubber replaced.
- Eight year old paint job still in show quality shape.
- Coker 15" 225/75/R15 Wide Whites, Sidewall tires with Chrome Reverse wheels, Baby Moon caps.
- 1977 Pacer front end with rack & pinion steering and disc. brakes.
- 4-wheel disc. brakes.
- Trunk battery.
- Finished trunk in carpet.
- Wilwood front & rear, dimpled/slotted disc. brake rotors.
- Vintage Air and heat.
- Converted, all 12 volt system.
- Complete Painless Wiring.
- Completely restored, all original gauges/speedometer, in stock dash.
- Power: Steering, brakes, windows, locks, seats, antenna.
- Electric, 2 speed windshield wipers.
- 1969 Impala tilt column/wheel with cruise control.
- 1995 Ford Thunderbird power leather seats.
- Original rear seats covered in real tan leather.
- All Tan leather interior with suede headliner & suede sunvisors with mirrors and lights.
- Keyless entry.
- Clarion CD player with six CD changer, I pod, AM/FM, TV ready, Sirus ready, front/ rear speakers, remote control, Garmen equipped.
- 1979 Ford 460ci crate engine. 680 Holley. Edelbrock aluminum high rise intake. Fuel pressure gauge. MSD ignition. Chrome Serpentine belt system with internal regulator Delco alternator, ac compressor, and power steering pump.
- $1,000. Walker, custom oversized radiator specially made for this car.
- Front/rear electric fans.
- TH400/AOD transmission.
- 9" ford rear end with 3:50 gears.
- Electric fuel pump with aircraft grade, fuel lines.
- New gas tank with new sending unit.
- Stainless engine compartment.
- Proven on the Good Guys & Power Tour runs.
- 79,678 miles on build and odometer since completed eight years ago.
- Over $200,000 invested in this build.
- Many build and tour pictures comes with the car.
Imperfections: Windshield frame is original aluminum. There are small spots on both lower sides near the corners where the paint has lifted slightly. It is not rust but oxidation from the original aluminum. Small chip in front windshield covered by a sticker.
After eight years and driven regularly, that is all the negatives we can say about the car.
We are representing this car for it's owner that we personally know. We have witnessed some of the time, money and care the owner has put into this classic over the past eight years we have known of the car.
Auction's terms: Winning bidder will give a $1,000. deposit within 48 hours of the auctions end. Winner will inspect car within two weeks of the auctions end. At that time you will pay for the car in full and pick the car up or decline the sale. We understand that the buyer could be traveling a considerable distance so the time frame is not set in stone. If the car is misrepresented, the deposit is refundable through Paypal. If it is just buyer's remorse, the deposit is non-refundable. Keep in mind that all monies have to clear before the car is released. This includes a Cashier's check as they still need time to clear. Thank you for your consideration.
Lincoln Continental for Sale
Auto Services in Florida
Used Car Dealers, License Services, Tags-Vehicle
Address: 2517 SW 8th St, Cutler-Ridge
Phone: (305) 548-8788
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 5870 S Suncoast Blvd, Crystal-River
Phone: (352) 628-1880
Auto Repair & Service, Car Wash
Address: PO Box 261611, Sun-City-Center
Phone: (813) 532-9780
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Auto Body Parts
Address: 545 S Orange Blossom Trl, Orlo-Vista
Phone: (407) 886-6545
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Accessories
Address: 2533 S McCall Rd, Rotonda-West
Phone: (941) 474-0686
Auto Repair & Service, Auto Oil & Lube
Address: 1714 SW Biltmore St, Saint-Lucie-West
Phone: (772) 323-0726
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 13:00:00 EST
Consumer Reports has announced its annual list of worst vehicles, a cringe-inducing contrast to its list of top vehicles. Ignominiously leading the way in 2014 is Chrysler, which has a staggering seven models listed.
Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:30:00 EST
Jeep nearly sweeps the small SUV segment by itself, with its Compass, Patriot and 2.4-liter version of the new Cherokee, while the only midsize sedans listed by CR were the Chrysler 200 and Dodge Avenger. The new Dodge Dart and the Dodge Journey round out CR's condemnation of Chrysler.
Ford is taking heat as well, with the Taurus, Edge and their counterparts from Lincoln all listed as the worst vehicles in their respective segments. Toyota doesn't fare much better, with its Lexus IS, Scion iQ and tC also making the list.
The Navigator is not only Lincoln's longest-serving nameplate - dating back to 1998 when the final Town Car was introduced - but it's also the oldest model still in the brand's portfolio. The current Navigator arrived on the market in 2007, and underwent a refresh just a few months ago for the 2015 model year. The updates were subtle, but if you're waiting for an all-new model, it's just a couple of years down the road.
Tue, 05 Nov 2013 13:32:00 EST
According to Automotive News, Lincoln is already working on an all-new replacement for the current, long-serving Navigator, which will be revealed two years from now in the middle of 2016 as a 2017 model. At that point, we're expecting it could switch (alongside the Expedition) to the new aluminum architecture introduced on the Ford F-150, seeing as how the current model is based on the old F-150.
In the meantime, the refreshed Navigator ditches the big 5.4-liter Triton V8 in favor of a more economical 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6, and wages war in two wheelbase lengths against the V8-powered competition in the form of the Cadillac Escalade (and Escalade ESV), the Land Cruiser-based Lexus LX and the Infiniti QX80, which is based on the overseas Nissan Patrol.
Ford's highly influential head of design, J Mays, has announced that he'll be retiring from his position after 33 years in the industry, 16 of which were at the Dearborn, MI-based company. Upon departure, he'll be succeeded as group vice president of design by Moray Callum. If that last name sounds familiar, yes, he's the brother of Jaguar's Ian Callum.
It's difficult to explain just how big of a role Mays had on not just Ford's design over the years, but on the entire industry. Before heading to Dearborn, Mays worked for Audi, BMW and then Volkswagen, where he was involved in concept cars that paved the way for design icons like the first-generation Audi TT and the Volkswagen New Beetle. As for his Ford resume, it's extensive.
Mays joined the company in 1997 as design director for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Mazda, as well as the Premier Automotive Group (Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar and Aston Martin). He was heavily involved in the Ford Fusion, Focus, Fiesta, Taurus, F-150 and Mustang, while also contributing to concept cars like the Atlas, Evos, 427, Forty-Nine, Shelby GR-1, Lincoln MKZ and the MKC.