1948 Lincoln Continental Resto Mod on 2040-cars
Homosassa, Florida, United States
Beautiful 1948 Lincoln Continental Resto-Mod. The best parts were used in the build of this classic. Ready to drive across America tomorrow. Always garaged and driven, not a trailer queen. This car has taken part in the Good Guys Touring and Power Tour Key West. For sale by private owner with a clear, Florida title.
- Very straight, all metal body. No rust, no dents.
- Continental kit.
- All new and/or re-chromed accents. No dents in any chrome.
- Chrome fender mud guards.
- Side & rear glass original and not scratched up. Side windows are tinted. Front glass was replaced.
- All rubber replaced.
- Eight year old paint job still in show quality shape.
- Coker 15" 225/75/R15 Wide Whites, Sidewall tires with Chrome Reverse wheels, Baby Moon caps.
- 1977 Pacer front end with rack & pinion steering and disc. brakes.
- 4-wheel disc. brakes.
- Trunk battery.
- Finished trunk in carpet.
- Wilwood front & rear, dimpled/slotted disc. brake rotors.
- Vintage Air and heat.
- Converted, all 12 volt system.
- Complete Painless Wiring.
- Completely restored, all original gauges/speedometer, in stock dash.
- Power: Steering, brakes, windows, locks, seats, antenna.
- Electric, 2 speed windshield wipers.
- 1969 Impala tilt column/wheel with cruise control.
- 1995 Ford Thunderbird power leather seats.
- Original rear seats covered in real tan leather.
- All Tan leather interior with suede headliner & suede sunvisors with mirrors and lights.
- Keyless entry.
- Clarion CD player with six CD changer, I pod, AM/FM, TV ready, Sirus ready, front/ rear speakers, remote control, Garmen equipped.
- 1979 Ford 460ci crate engine. 680 Holley. Edelbrock aluminum high rise intake. Fuel pressure gauge. MSD ignition. Chrome Serpentine belt system with internal regulator Delco alternator, ac compressor, and power steering pump.
- $1,000. Walker, custom oversized radiator specially made for this car.
- Front/rear electric fans.
- TH400/AOD transmission.
- 9" ford rear end with 3:50 gears.
- Electric fuel pump with aircraft grade, fuel lines.
- New gas tank with new sending unit.
- Stainless engine compartment.
- Proven on the Good Guys & Power Tour runs.
- 79,678 miles on build and odometer since completed eight years ago.
- Over $200,000 invested in this build.
- Many build and tour pictures comes with the car.
Imperfections: Windshield frame is original aluminum. There are small spots on both lower sides near the corners where the paint has lifted slightly. It is not rust but oxidation from the original aluminum. Small chip in front windshield covered by a sticker.
After eight years and driven regularly, that is all the negatives we can say about the car.
We are representing this car for it's owner that we personally know. We have witnessed some of the time, money and care the owner has put into this classic over the past eight years we have known of the car.
Auction's terms: Winning bidder will give a $1,000. deposit within 48 hours of the auctions end. Winner will inspect car within two weeks of the auctions end. At that time you will pay for the car in full and pick the car up or decline the sale. We understand that the buyer could be traveling a considerable distance so the time frame is not set in stone. If the car is misrepresented, the deposit is refundable through Paypal. If it is just buyer's remorse, the deposit is non-refundable. Keep in mind that all monies have to clear before the car is released. This includes a Cashier's check as they still need time to clear. Thank you for your consideration.
Lincoln Continental for Sale
Auto Services in Florida
Auto Repair & Service, Windshield Repair, Glass-Auto, Plate, Window, Etc
Address: 10125 W Oakland Park Blvd, Tamarac
Phone: (954) 903-4570
Used Car Dealers
Address: 4085 Tamiami Trail, Pt-Charlotte
Phone: (941) 613-2277
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Car Washing & Polishing Equipment & Supplies
Address: 3315 S.W. 13th Street Unit 104, Lowell
Phone: (352) 401-3636
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Auto Oil & Lube
Address: 2230 S Fiske Blvd, Patrick-Air-Force-Base
Phone: (321) 636-6761
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Auto Transmission
Address: 1914 S Orange Blossom Trl, Oviedo
Phone: (407) 814-0202
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Accessories, Battery Supplies
Address: 1023 Del Prado Blvd S, Sanibel
Phone: (239) 573-0606
Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:15:00 EST
Episode #403 of the Autoblog Podcast is here, and this week, Dan Roth, Michael Harley, and Ronnie Fung of Autoblog Canada talk about the $5 billion investment Ford is making in Lincoln, the McLaren 650S, and the best apps for drivers. We start with what's in the garage and finish up with some of your questions, and for those of you who hung with us live on our UStream channel, thanks for taking the time. Check out the rundown below with times for topics, and you can follow along down below with our Q&A. Thanks for listening!
Tue, 07 Oct 2014 09:30:00 EST
Autoblog Podcast #403:
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is opening an investigation into the 2010-2012 Ford Fusion, Fusion Hybrid and Lincoln MKZ, the 2012 MKZ Hybrid and 2011 Mercury Milan because the agency has hundreds of complaints of electric power steering failure in these models.
Tue, 05 Nov 2013 13:32:00 EST
According to NHTSA's data, it has received 508 complaints of the power steering allegedly suddenly malfunctioning and resulting in increased effort to turn the wheel. In four incidents, these failures resulted in loss of control and crashes. According to the reports, in some cases a power steering warning message came on as the fault occurred, and other times the system restored itself by turning off and then restarting the vehicle. NHTSA said it has also received further field report data from Ford, but that information hasn't been publicly released yet.
For the moment, there isn't a recall for this failure on these models. NHTSA is just investigating them to "assess the scope, frequency and safety consequences of the alleged defect," and the agency says an estimated 938,000 vehicles could potentially be affected.
Ford's highly influential head of design, J Mays, has announced that he'll be retiring from his position after 33 years in the industry, 16 of which were at the Dearborn, MI-based company. Upon departure, he'll be succeeded as group vice president of design by Moray Callum. If that last name sounds familiar, yes, he's the brother of Jaguar's Ian Callum.
It's difficult to explain just how big of a role Mays had on not just Ford's design over the years, but on the entire industry. Before heading to Dearborn, Mays worked for Audi, BMW and then Volkswagen, where he was involved in concept cars that paved the way for design icons like the first-generation Audi TT and the Volkswagen New Beetle. As for his Ford resume, it's extensive.
Mays joined the company in 1997 as design director for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Mazda, as well as the Premier Automotive Group (Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar and Aston Martin). He was heavily involved in the Ford Fusion, Focus, Fiesta, Taurus, F-150 and Mustang, while also contributing to concept cars like the Atlas, Evos, 427, Forty-Nine, Shelby GR-1, Lincoln MKZ and the MKC.