1948 Lincoln Continental Resto Mod on 2040-cars
Homosassa, Florida, United States
Beautiful 1948 Lincoln Continental Resto-Mod. The best parts were used in the build of this classic. Ready to drive across America tomorrow. Always garaged and driven, not a trailer queen. This car has taken part in the Good Guys Touring and Power Tour Key West. For sale by private owner with a clear, Florida title.
- Very straight, all metal body. No rust, no dents.
- Continental kit.
- All new and/or re-chromed accents. No dents in any chrome.
- Chrome fender mud guards.
- Side & rear glass original and not scratched up. Side windows are tinted. Front glass was replaced.
- All rubber replaced.
- Eight year old paint job still in show quality shape.
- Coker 15" 225/75/R15 Wide Whites, Sidewall tires with Chrome Reverse wheels, Baby Moon caps.
- 1977 Pacer front end with rack & pinion steering and disc. brakes.
- 4-wheel disc. brakes.
- Trunk battery.
- Finished trunk in carpet.
- Wilwood front & rear, dimpled/slotted disc. brake rotors.
- Vintage Air and heat.
- Converted, all 12 volt system.
- Complete Painless Wiring.
- Completely restored, all original gauges/speedometer, in stock dash.
- Power: Steering, brakes, windows, locks, seats, antenna.
- Electric, 2 speed windshield wipers.
- 1969 Impala tilt column/wheel with cruise control.
- 1995 Ford Thunderbird power leather seats.
- Original rear seats covered in real tan leather.
- All Tan leather interior with suede headliner & suede sunvisors with mirrors and lights.
- Keyless entry.
- Clarion CD player with six CD changer, I pod, AM/FM, TV ready, Sirus ready, front/ rear speakers, remote control, Garmen equipped.
- 1979 Ford 460ci crate engine. 680 Holley. Edelbrock aluminum high rise intake. Fuel pressure gauge. MSD ignition. Chrome Serpentine belt system with internal regulator Delco alternator, ac compressor, and power steering pump.
- $1,000. Walker, custom oversized radiator specially made for this car.
- Front/rear electric fans.
- TH400/AOD transmission.
- 9" ford rear end with 3:50 gears.
- Electric fuel pump with aircraft grade, fuel lines.
- New gas tank with new sending unit.
- Stainless engine compartment.
- Proven on the Good Guys & Power Tour runs.
- 79,678 miles on build and odometer since completed eight years ago.
- Over $200,000 invested in this build.
- Many build and tour pictures comes with the car.
Imperfections: Windshield frame is original aluminum. There are small spots on both lower sides near the corners where the paint has lifted slightly. It is not rust but oxidation from the original aluminum. Small chip in front windshield covered by a sticker.
After eight years and driven regularly, that is all the negatives we can say about the car.
We are representing this car for it's owner that we personally know. We have witnessed some of the time, money and care the owner has put into this classic over the past eight years we have known of the car.
Auction's terms: Winning bidder will give a $1,000. deposit within 48 hours of the auctions end. Winner will inspect car within two weeks of the auctions end. At that time you will pay for the car in full and pick the car up or decline the sale. We understand that the buyer could be traveling a considerable distance so the time frame is not set in stone. If the car is misrepresented, the deposit is refundable through Paypal. If it is just buyer's remorse, the deposit is non-refundable. Keep in mind that all monies have to clear before the car is released. This includes a Cashier's check as they still need time to clear. Thank you for your consideration.
Lincoln Continental for Sale
Auto Services in Florida
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Engines-Diesel-Fuel Injection Parts & Service
Address: 8526 Kingswood Rd., Youngstown
Phone: (850) 625-1177
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 4910 Old Winter Garden Rd, Sand-Lake
Phone: (407) 203-5815
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 3530 Lake Worth Rd, West-Palm-Beach
Phone: (561) 642-1632
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 3025 N Old Dixie Hwy, West-Delray-Beach
Phone: (561) 732-8800
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Accessories
Address: 18200 S Dixie Hwy, Princeton
Phone: (305) 278-4632
Used Car Dealers
Address: 1000 S Woodland Blvd, Debary
Phone: (386) 736-6864
Thu, 04 Apr 2013 11:32:00 EST
Launching an all-new car is no easy task. Case in point is the 2013 Lincoln MKZ, introduced with the fanfare of a major nationwide marketing campaign, including expensive Super Bowl ads, just as Ford was curbing production over potential quality issues. The resulting mess was nothing short of a nightmare for any automaker - customers visiting dealerships looking for cars that hadn't been delivered yet. Disappointed buyers walked out of Lincoln retailers without new keys in their hands, or switched to a competing brand to fill empty spaces in their driveways.
Tue, 02 Apr 2013 18:55:00 EST
The impact was painful, as Lincoln's sales in January and February of this year were among the lowest it has recorded in more than a quarter century. Even though March looked a bit brighter, with the supply crisis reportedly over (there are 3,000 units in transit and production is approaching 200 units per day) the automaker is reportedly studying the feasibility of giving its pivotal MKZ the launch it originally deserved.
According to TheDetroitBureau.com, putting the MKZ back on consumer's radar could cost Ford tens of millions of dollars, but that kind of investment may be warranted if potential buyers have forgotten about the new model... or worse, if they have forgotten about Lincoln.
New York Auto Show, Jim Farley interview, 2014 Chevrolet Silverado fuel economy, Ford fuel economy app challenge
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:33:00 EST
Episode #327 of the Autoblog Podcast is here, and this week, Dan Roth, Zach Bowman and Jeff Ross talk about this year's New York Auto Show, Chevrolet's latest assault in the pickup truck fuel economy battle, and Ford's reward for developing a better fuel economy app. Dan also has an interview with Ford's Jim Farley about the future of Lincoln. We wrap with your questions and emails, and for those of you who hung with us live on our UStream channel, thanks for taking the time. Keep reading for our Q&A module for you to scroll through and follow along, too. Thanks for listening!
Autoblog Podcast #327:
If the teaser video for Lincoln's launch of a new concept at the 2014 Beijing Motor Show wasn't enough for you, the company has now released a shadowy new image on its Twitter page. The vehicle may be a concept for the next-generation MKX, and its launch in China is part of the huge rollout to sell the brand's models there.
The latest photo shows off the concept's lighting, including LED running lights and lit sideview mirrors. The sharp edges of the lights give some hints to its shape. However, Other than clearly being a crossover, not much else is known.
The concept's launch supports Lincoln breaking into the Chinese market. It will begin selling the MKZ and MKC there this fall, as well as a midsize luxury SUV. A fullsize luxury sedan and the Navigator will come later. The company will also build luxury showrooms for the models that will look more like high-end hotel lobbies than car dealers. Scroll down to watch the teaser video.