1948 Lincoln Continental Resto Mod on 2040-cars
Homosassa, Florida, United States
Beautiful 1948 Lincoln Continental Resto-Mod. The best parts were used in the build of this classic. Ready to drive across America tomorrow. Always garaged and driven, not a trailer queen. This car has taken part in the Good Guys Touring and Power Tour Key West. For sale by private owner with a clear, Florida title.
- Very straight, all metal body. No rust, no dents.
- Continental kit.
- All new and/or re-chromed accents. No dents in any chrome.
- Chrome fender mud guards.
- Side & rear glass original and not scratched up. Side windows are tinted. Front glass was replaced.
- All rubber replaced.
- Eight year old paint job still in show quality shape.
- Coker 15" 225/75/R15 Wide Whites, Sidewall tires with Chrome Reverse wheels, Baby Moon caps.
- 1977 Pacer front end with rack & pinion steering and disc. brakes.
- 4-wheel disc. brakes.
- Trunk battery.
- Finished trunk in carpet.
- Wilwood front & rear, dimpled/slotted disc. brake rotors.
- Vintage Air and heat.
- Converted, all 12 volt system.
- Complete Painless Wiring.
- Completely restored, all original gauges/speedometer, in stock dash.
- Power: Steering, brakes, windows, locks, seats, antenna.
- Electric, 2 speed windshield wipers.
- 1969 Impala tilt column/wheel with cruise control.
- 1995 Ford Thunderbird power leather seats.
- Original rear seats covered in real tan leather.
- All Tan leather interior with suede headliner & suede sunvisors with mirrors and lights.
- Keyless entry.
- Clarion CD player with six CD changer, I pod, AM/FM, TV ready, Sirus ready, front/ rear speakers, remote control, Garmen equipped.
- 1979 Ford 460ci crate engine. 680 Holley. Edelbrock aluminum high rise intake. Fuel pressure gauge. MSD ignition. Chrome Serpentine belt system with internal regulator Delco alternator, ac compressor, and power steering pump.
- $1,000. Walker, custom oversized radiator specially made for this car.
- Front/rear electric fans.
- TH400/AOD transmission.
- 9" ford rear end with 3:50 gears.
- Electric fuel pump with aircraft grade, fuel lines.
- New gas tank with new sending unit.
- Stainless engine compartment.
- Proven on the Good Guys & Power Tour runs.
- 79,678 miles on build and odometer since completed eight years ago.
- Over $200,000 invested in this build.
- Many build and tour pictures comes with the car.
Imperfections: Windshield frame is original aluminum. There are small spots on both lower sides near the corners where the paint has lifted slightly. It is not rust but oxidation from the original aluminum. Small chip in front windshield covered by a sticker.
After eight years and driven regularly, that is all the negatives we can say about the car.
We are representing this car for it's owner that we personally know. We have witnessed some of the time, money and care the owner has put into this classic over the past eight years we have known of the car.
Auction's terms: Winning bidder will give a $1,000. deposit within 48 hours of the auctions end. Winner will inspect car within two weeks of the auctions end. At that time you will pay for the car in full and pick the car up or decline the sale. We understand that the buyer could be traveling a considerable distance so the time frame is not set in stone. If the car is misrepresented, the deposit is refundable through Paypal. If it is just buyer's remorse, the deposit is non-refundable. Keep in mind that all monies have to clear before the car is released. This includes a Cashier's check as they still need time to clear. Thank you for your consideration.
Lincoln Continental for Sale
Auto Services in Florida
New Car Dealers
Address: 3031 Okeechobee Blvd, Lake-Clarke-Shores
Phone: (561) 615-3346
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 911 W Hallandale Beach Blvd, Golden-Beach
Phone: (954) 537-5386
Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Address: 1820 N Nova Rd, Daytona-Beach-Shores
Phone: (386) 677-0122
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Auto Transmission
Address: 549 N Goldenrod Rd, Fern-Park
Phone: (407) 208-1400
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automotive Alternators & Generators
Address: 6325 SW 37th St, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
Phone: (954) 581-5338
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Auto Oil & Lube
Address: 2028 W Washington St # A, Altamonte-Spg
Phone: (407) 648-0211
Thu, 05 Jun 2014 10:32:00 EST
As the first 2015 MKC crossovers slip into dealerships, Lincoln has confirmed power and fuel economy ratings for the compact crossover's optional 2.3-liter Ecoboost four-cylinder engine.
Mon, 03 Dec 2012 13:29:00 EST
The new range-topping powerplant, thus far otherwise unavailable in the Blue Oval kingdom, will net a healthy 285 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 305 pound-feet of torque from 2,750 revs. Those figures represent gains of 10 hp and 5 lb-ft over earlier estimates, putting the handsome new compact CUV in the hunt with up-engined rivals from Audi and BMW. (A variant of the 2.3L will shortly find its way into the engine bay of the 2015 Ford Mustang, albeit with a number of key changes, including north-south orientation.)
In the MKC, the new engine will net 18 miles per gallon in the city and 26 on the highway with standard all-wheel drive, meaning it only loses a single mile per gallon in the city cycle versus the 240-hp, 270-lb-ft 2.0L EcoBoost model when fitted with all-wheel drive. Both engines rely on the same six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission.
Lincoln made a rather assertive statement about the future of its products at the 2012 LA Auto Show. Rather than put any new vehicle on display for the first press day, the American premium brand placed a collection of classic cars from its past on the show floor. For the second day, that assortment was replaced with more than a half-dozen examples of the all-new 2013 MKZ. Following that, Lincoln teased a new ad campaign that was in the works, and it appears we now have the first extended promotional video.
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:02:00 EST
Entitled "The Lincoln Motor Company," the spot acts as more of a mission statement, rather than an ad, featuring (once again) cars from Lincoln's past, as well as certain bits of Americana usually reserved for a Levi's ad. The video concluded with Lincoln reintroducing itself to the world, accompanied by a new name: The Lincoln Motor Company.
The video is likely to be the first of many in a large advertising blitz by the automaker, in concert with the rolling-out of the new MKZ. The sedan was the only new vehicle featured in the video, and Lincoln is betting heavily on this "reinvention" to bring customers in to see its new sedan. We want to know what's next. Scroll down to watch the video.
We've been speculating for years about the future of Lincoln. Some thought that Ford needed to kill the division like it did Mercury, while others saw the sales possibility in a brand with so much history. Ford has finally made a decision, and it wasn't what many people were expecting. Lincoln is launching in China this fall, with the brand rollout starting at the upcoming Beijing Motor Show. A new video hints that we might even get to see the concept for the next-generation MKX.
Lincoln is marketing itself in China as a customer-focused, high-end luxury ownership experience. To prove it, the Lincoln Space in Beijing is meant both as a prototype dealer and a grand show of its plans. The modernist structure looks more like an art museum than a car showroom, and the interior decor is like a high-end hotel lobby. The company says that every dealer is going to have license plate recognition technology that knows when an owner arrives, and there will also be a Personalization Studio where potential buyers can design their car with family. Lincoln is promising to have eight showrooms ready in seven cities by this fall.
Of course, a stylish showroom is nothing without cars to sell. Lincoln is promising five models on sale in China by 2016. The MKZ and MKC launch this fall. A midsize luxury SUV, a fullsize luxury sedan and the Navigator are coming later. All of the models sold there are being imported from North America.