1967 Ford Galaxie ,, Fully Customized on 2040-cars
Aqua and black
Black with aqua green accents
Lyndhurst, New Jersey, United States
Body Type:2 door custom hardtop fastback
Engine:300 cid Six cylinder 4bbl
For Sale By:Private Seller
Number of Cylinders: 300 cid straight six with holley 4 barrel
Options: mohagany and polished alluminum steering wheel, Cassette Player
Drive Type: Automatic
Power Options: Power steering and front power disc brakes
Exterior Color: Aqua and black
Interior Color: Black with aqua green accents
Number of Doors: 2
Condition: Used: A vehicle is considered used if it has been registered and issued a title. Used vehicles have had at least one previous owner. The condition of the exterior, interior and engine can vary depending on the vehicle's history. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections. ...
Up for auction we have a 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Full body custom car .
This car has been beautifully done with top notch metal and body work . Every panel on this car has been modified and yet the body is laser straight , no waves or ripples present when the body is sited down the side . The car has been done for 23 years and yet the 2 stage urethane paint is perfect , the body work shows no signs of cracking or of any work coming apart this is the true sign of the welding and body work being done correctly so no worries . This is a quality custom.
Let's move onto what Mods have been done .
1) A 1968 XL nose was added to the car , a Custom grill from a Mercury Marauder was added to that . The scoop on the hood is a Fox body Mustang Cobra scoop opened to allow for air flow under the hood . The front bumper mounting bolt heads have been smoothed into the bumper for a seamless look .
2) The original mirrors were removed from the doors and sport aero mirrors were added .The exterior mount door handles and locks were removed and flush mount door handles were frenched in.
3) The quarter have been lengthened and the lower accent line removed , bubble cruising skirts were then sunk into the panels and blended smooth (these are removable for tire and brake service) . The taillights are 1968 Ford Custom and are tunneled into the ends of the quarters .
4) The rear end of the car has had extensive work as well , first the trunk lid was smoothed and the external lock removed . A decorative continental kit has been added to the top of the deck lid . The rear bumper was cut apart and new ends were formed to cradle the taillight tunnels ,the gaps are perfect . the rear bumper like the front has had the attaching bolts welded in and the heads smoothed off .
5) A full Black padded top was added along with color keyed top moldings .
6) All of the trim has been fully sanded , etched and painted in body color . All of the emblems and side trim has been removed and the holes filled .
7) The glass has been beautifuly etched and colored in . This includes the rear Quarter windows and the back window . All other windows are perfect and scratch free .
8) The interior was left untouched by major modification and instead was detailed with green accents including lighting that glows green when the doors are opened.
A mahogany and polished aluminum steering wheel was added along with a premium radio and EQ . There is a Pro style shifter stand alone mounted on the floor complete with T handle . Gauges are mounted on the bottom of the dash to keep track of vital engine pressures and temps . Also note worthy , there is a quick release handle mounted on the rear package shelf to open the trunk .
9) The mechanicals of the car are in perfect condition and will require no work ,just normal maintenance .
The engine was replaced 5000 miles ago and upgraded from a 240 six cyl one barrel to a 300 Six with a offenhouser manifold with a 390 cfm 4 barrel holley and faux dual exhaust which features a custom head pipe splitting the exhaust into 2 pipes with dual turbo mufflers and tailpipes ending in chrome tips tucked nicely under the rear bumper . , Disc brakes were added to the front to replace the standard drums with all new rotors ,pads , lines , master and adjustable proportioning valve . ,The Steering was upgraded as well from manual to a power set-up . Front end serviced with all new parts and was then properly aligned .
The radiator was replaced with a larger unit to keep temperature balance to the increase in engine power .A elelectric cooling fan was also added for those extra hot summer nights . All the belts and hoses ,have been replaced along with heater lines and heater core .
Transmission and rear end were also serviced with new seals and fluids and adjustments as well. They function normally , the trans shifts cleanly and the rear end is quite and vibration free .
In closing I will state this is a turn key custom Ford needing nothing but normal care and maintenance to keep it trouble free.
I encourage you to ask questions , all will be answered to the best of my and the owners ability .
I am selling this car for a friend of mine he is the owner and builder of the car .
Thanks for viewing my auction !
Ford Galaxie for Sale
Auto Services in New Jersey
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Repairing & Service Facilities-Renting
Address: 6911 48th Ave, Secaucus
Phone: (718) 565-8200
Auto Repair & Service, New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 3169 Fire Rd, Marmora
Phone: (609) 641-0008
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 239 Forsgate Dr, Tennent
Phone: (866) 595-6470
Used Car Dealers
Address: 49 Englewood Ave 2, Green-Brook
Phone: (718) 227-2317
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 1541 Belfield Ave, Audubon-Park
Phone: (215) 456-0527
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 368 Easton Rd, Lambertville
Phone: (215) 674-5775
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 16:00:00 EST
'Tis the season... for road salt. And with that, comes rust. And what does rust bring? Well, for Ford and General Motors, a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration investigation. According to The Detroit News, NHTSA is looking into potential recalls issues with Chevrolet Express vans and Ford Freestar minivans.
Thu, 29 Aug 2013 19:29:00 EST
The feds have received five complaints that rust has caused leaking fuel filler pipes on 2003 Express vans. Separately, seven complaints have been filed over excessive rust in the rear wheel wells of 2004 Ford Freestar and Mercury Monterey minivans. The Freestar and Monterey went out of production in 2007. Neither issue has resulted in any crashes or injuries, according to the report.
The hallways of the Autoblog campus are much quieter now that Zach Bowman has taken his prose, along with his welders, wrenches and hammers, over to the digital pages of Road & Track, but that doesn't mean our favorite project Mustang is gone forever. Project Ugly Horse is still coming along, and Zach has gifted us another update on his unfoxy Fox Body.
Sun, 09 Mar 2014 15:35:00 EST
Last we saw of the Ugly Horse, Zach was strengthening up the '89 Mustang's chassis as he prepares to stuff the turbocharged, direct-injected EcoBoost engine of a Ford Focus ST under the hood. First things first, the old mill must go. Head on over to Road & Track to catch the latest chapter of Project Ugly Horse.
William Clay Ford, retired vice chairman of Ford Motor Company and the last surviving grandchild of company founder Henry Ford, died this morning after a bout with pneumonia. He was 88.
Ford spent 57 years with his grandfather's company, joining the board of directors in 1948 before graduating from college. Ford also held a position as chairman of the design committee, as well as the chairman of the executive committee and vice chairman of the Board of Directors during his tenure with the company. In a 2013 Detroit Free Press story, retired CFO Allan Gilmour said Ford had an eye for design, and was once able to pick out when a fiberglass model of a Ford Contour was asymmetrical, off by an inch on one side. He retired and assumed the position of director emeritus in 2005.
"My father was a great business leader and humanitarian who dedicated his life to the company and the community," said Bill Ford, Jr., Ford's current executive chairman. "He also was a wonderful family man, a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him, yet he will continue to inspire us all."