1967 Ford Galaxie ,, Fully Customized on 2040-cars
Aqua and black
Black with aqua green accents
Lyndhurst, New Jersey, United States
Body Type:2 door custom hardtop fastback
Engine:300 cid Six cylinder 4bbl
For Sale By:Private Seller
Number of Cylinders: 300 cid straight six with holley 4 barrel
Options: mohagany and polished alluminum steering wheel, Cassette Player
Drive Type: Automatic
Power Options: Power steering and front power disc brakes
Exterior Color: Aqua and black
Interior Color: Black with aqua green accents
Number of Doors: 2
Condition: Used: A vehicle is considered used if it has been registered and issued a title. Used vehicles have had at least one previous owner. The condition of the exterior, interior and engine can vary depending on the vehicle's history. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections. ...
Up for auction we have a 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Full body custom car .
This car has been beautifully done with top notch metal and body work . Every panel on this car has been modified and yet the body is laser straight , no waves or ripples present when the body is sited down the side . The car has been done for 23 years and yet the 2 stage urethane paint is perfect , the body work shows no signs of cracking or of any work coming apart this is the true sign of the welding and body work being done correctly so no worries . This is a quality custom.
Let's move onto what Mods have been done .
1) A 1968 XL nose was added to the car , a Custom grill from a Mercury Marauder was added to that . The scoop on the hood is a Fox body Mustang Cobra scoop opened to allow for air flow under the hood . The front bumper mounting bolt heads have been smoothed into the bumper for a seamless look .
2) The original mirrors were removed from the doors and sport aero mirrors were added .The exterior mount door handles and locks were removed and flush mount door handles were frenched in.
3) The quarter have been lengthened and the lower accent line removed , bubble cruising skirts were then sunk into the panels and blended smooth (these are removable for tire and brake service) . The taillights are 1968 Ford Custom and are tunneled into the ends of the quarters .
4) The rear end of the car has had extensive work as well , first the trunk lid was smoothed and the external lock removed . A decorative continental kit has been added to the top of the deck lid . The rear bumper was cut apart and new ends were formed to cradle the taillight tunnels ,the gaps are perfect . the rear bumper like the front has had the attaching bolts welded in and the heads smoothed off .
5) A full Black padded top was added along with color keyed top moldings .
6) All of the trim has been fully sanded , etched and painted in body color . All of the emblems and side trim has been removed and the holes filled .
7) The glass has been beautifuly etched and colored in . This includes the rear Quarter windows and the back window . All other windows are perfect and scratch free .
8) The interior was left untouched by major modification and instead was detailed with green accents including lighting that glows green when the doors are opened.
A mahogany and polished aluminum steering wheel was added along with a premium radio and EQ . There is a Pro style shifter stand alone mounted on the floor complete with T handle . Gauges are mounted on the bottom of the dash to keep track of vital engine pressures and temps . Also note worthy , there is a quick release handle mounted on the rear package shelf to open the trunk .
9) The mechanicals of the car are in perfect condition and will require no work ,just normal maintenance .
The engine was replaced 5000 miles ago and upgraded from a 240 six cyl one barrel to a 300 Six with a offenhouser manifold with a 390 cfm 4 barrel holley and faux dual exhaust which features a custom head pipe splitting the exhaust into 2 pipes with dual turbo mufflers and tailpipes ending in chrome tips tucked nicely under the rear bumper . , Disc brakes were added to the front to replace the standard drums with all new rotors ,pads , lines , master and adjustable proportioning valve . ,The Steering was upgraded as well from manual to a power set-up . Front end serviced with all new parts and was then properly aligned .
The radiator was replaced with a larger unit to keep temperature balance to the increase in engine power .A elelectric cooling fan was also added for those extra hot summer nights . All the belts and hoses ,have been replaced along with heater lines and heater core .
Transmission and rear end were also serviced with new seals and fluids and adjustments as well. They function normally , the trans shifts cleanly and the rear end is quite and vibration free .
In closing I will state this is a turn key custom Ford needing nothing but normal care and maintenance to keep it trouble free.
I encourage you to ask questions , all will be answered to the best of my and the owners ability .
I am selling this car for a friend of mine he is the owner and builder of the car .
Thanks for viewing my auction !
Ford Galaxie for Sale
Auto Services in New Jersey
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Repairing & Service Facilities-Renting
Address: 6911 48th Ave, Secaucus
Phone: (718) 565-8200
Auto Repair & Service, New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 3169 Fire Rd, Marmora
Phone: (609) 641-0008
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 239 Forsgate Dr, Tennent
Phone: (866) 595-6470
Used Car Dealers
Address: 49 Englewood Ave 2, Green-Brook
Phone: (718) 227-2317
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 1541 Belfield Ave, Audubon-Park
Phone: (215) 456-0527
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 368 Easton Rd, Lambertville
Phone: (215) 674-5775
Thu, 19 Jun 2014 19:59:00 EST
Custom cars generally fit into neat little boxes in terms of how they are used. For example, you're unlikely to see a modded Corvette going rock crawling; it's just not what it's made for (though we bet it'd look awesome, for a minute). In the same way, chopped, channeled and customized '50s hot rods aren't really meant to go racing. They look great and go fast, but they are generally more cruisers than sports cars.
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:43:00 EST
However, if this video is any indication, the people of Finland don't adhere in these stereotypes, because this rodder is happy to play in the dirt with his lead sled.
According to the video, the driver is a member of the Ford-Freak Club of Finland, and he clearly knows how to have some fun. Possibly inspired by his country's great rally drivers, he gets the tail way out going around this gently curving gravel track. The stunt is somewhat reminiscent of the stock cars races on the sand at Daytona Beach, and this is probably close to what it sounded like too. Scroll down to watch a very cool Finn getting his hot rod a little dirty.
Earlier this week, reports were swirling 'round the internet about the 2014 Ford Fusion getting a new 1.5-liter three-cylinder EcoBoost engine. That was... half correct. Ford today confirmed that the 2014 Fusion is, in fact, getting a new 1.5-liter EcoBoost mill, but it has four cylinders, not three.
Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:30:00 EST
The new 1.5-liter engine will be the fifth EcoBoost powerplant from Ford Motor Company. Initially to be built at the automaker's Craiova, Romania plant, it will also be offered in the Fusion's twin, the Mondeo, in other markets. This engine will debut at the Shanghai Motor Show next month, and the 1.5-liter is of particular importance in the Chinese market - there is significant tax relief in the People's Republic for vehicles powered by engines with a capacity of 1.5 liters or less.
At a media briefing Thursday, Ford declined to divulge exact power or fuel economy numbers, though Joe Bakaj, vice president of powertrain engineering, told Autoblog that power output should be similar to that of the current 1.6-liter inline-four, and that overall efficiency will be "better than the 1.6." Our earlier report stated that the 1.5-liter four will produce 177 horsepower and 177 pound-feet of torque - losses of 1 hp and 7 lb-ft versus the 1.6-liter engine. Ford states that the 1.5-liter four will feature many of the same technologies used on the company's 1.0-liter EcoBoost inline-three, including an integrated exhaust manifold that recaptures much of the engine's heat.
The Ford Escape leads the NICB's list with 1,421 examples stolen.
If you drive a recent Ford SUV or crossover, you may want to keep a watchful eye out for thieves - especially if you live in the New York metro area or in Detroit. A new study from the National Insurance Crime Bureau has named three Ford models as the most likely vehicles in their genre to be stolen, with CUVs in general being especially attractive to bandits.