1968 Dart GTS 340 4-speed. If you're looking for a good project car to start with, this is a good starting point. The fender tag is MIA. I do have thenumber matching block (date stamped 1967), which I didn't use. The block has some 2 or 3 cylinders that need to be sleeved. The original tranny is in the car.
Car starts, but it burns oil in cylinder 2 & 4 and smokes once it warms up. Don't know what the problem is and I don't have the money or place to fix it. Car was my daily driver for 11 years.
· 1970 block bored .030 over
· Crank forged steel turned .010 under
· KB pistons /compression is 10:1 , if I remember correctly
· APR studs on the mains and bolts on the connecting rods
· Heads are port and polished
· Rods were deburred and shot peened
· Intake manifold Edelbrock LD340
· Carb Edelbrock 600
· Exhaust manifolds are the hard to find stock HP ones
· Exhaust system TTI 2.50 H-pipes.
Body is in good shape with some dents and dinks here and there.
· Factory under coating
· Right rocker has a small hole the size of a pea, in the lower rear area (shown in picture)
· Both lower quarters has a small rust hole, smaller than a pea (shown in picture)
· Front floor pans do have bad rust, but are not rusted through
· Passenger door is from '69
Interior is rough. The front seats are from a Charger, but the seat frames are the same as A-body. There's no head liner or rear seat panels. Some interior parts I do have, that are not in the car and are very hard to find for A-body’s
· 4 speed center console – color blue
· Hurst console shifter handle
· Inland shifter handle and mechanism,
· Back seat is the correct '68 GTS trim
Drive train and related
· Brakes: front are the "mopar disc swap" variety, rear 11' drums
· Rims are 4.5 large bolt pattern: front 15x7, rear 15x8
· Rear end A-body 8.75 with a 2.94 sure grip, it had 3.23 open gear
· Moser axles with green bearings.
· Large yoke drive shaft
I reserve the right to end this auction at any time due to local sale. Shipping or pickup is the buyer’s responsibility. I can help with shipping arrangements. Thanks for taking a look at my car. If you have any questions that you'd like to ask. Please feel free to post any questions or give me a call.