| EXCEPTIONALLY RARE IMPERIAL CROWN CONVERTIBLE! ONE OF ONLY 554 EVER PRODUCED! FACTORY BLACK OVER RED EXAMPLE & LOADED WITH OPTIONS! GREAT INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR THE ASTUTE 1960'S CAR COLLECTOR! |
| SPECIFICATIONS |
| Year || 1962 |
| Make || Chrysler Imperial |
| Model || Crown Convertible |
| VIN || 9223115440 |
| Mileage || 53,408 |
| Engine || 413ci |
| Cylinders || V8 |
| Transmission || TorqueFlite Automatic |
| Title || Clear |
| Color || Formal Black |
| Interior Color || Red Leather |
| || |
| DESCRIPTION |
| Advertised by Imperial as "i? 1/2 Americas Most Carefully Built Car"i? 1/2 with sophisticated elegance and modern design elements, each model in 1962 was as beautiful as it was unique! One of the rarest of the series was the Imperial Crown Convertible, with just 554 units ever manufactured! They continue to represent the finest of Virgil Exner"i? 1/2 s design taste and engineering imagination! They were also the last of the Imperials to be built at their own, individual production plant as Chrysler"i? 1/2 s top-of-the-line offering to affluent buyers! |
We are very proud to offer this beautifully restored 1962 Imperial Crown Convertible finished in factory code correct Formal Black (BB7) with Red Leather interior (555) and Black convertible top! Powered by its original 413ci V8 engine producing a powerful 340 horsepower mated to first time offered & very dependable A727 TorqueFlite pushbutton automatic transmission! Options on this example include Constant Control power steering, Total Control power brakes, power windows, power vent windows, power 6-way seat, power convertible top, remote driver side mirror, pushbutton heater controls, pushbutton AM radio with power antenna, windshield washer system, day/night rearview mirror, passenger vanity mirror, wheel lip moldings, full dash instrumentation with electroluminescent illumination, 15"i? 1/2 wheels with whitewall tires & stainless steel wheel covers, rear trunk light, rubber floor mats, and more!
The unique attributes of the Imperial Crown are not hard to miss! The free-standing headlights, split front grill, and free-standing gun sight taillights mounted above the rear fenders are all features found only on the 1962 model! Driving this brilliant car down the road is no disappointment! The torsion bar suspension rides the road superbly! A factory front sway bar, huge 129"i? 1/2 wheelbase, and upgraded adjustment air shocks at the rear make it handle the bumps and curves with ease! All of the instrumentation and electrical accessories are fully functional! The dual exhaust system is also all new. It comes complete with original, matching spare tire, jack, and instructions in the fully carpeted trunk. Also included with this vehicle will be original owner"i? 1/2 s manual, factory 1962 service manual, and interior rubber floor mats & convertible top boot cover. The mileage shows just 53,408 miles which could be actual from new based on the overall condition, but the St. Louis Car Museum does not have enough documentation to support an original mileage claim. Please feel free to call with additional questions or to schedule an opportunity to see this rare car in person! Thanks for looking!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS:
In an effort to protect the eBay user information and to help ensure the authenticity of correspondence between St. Louis Car Museum and its bidders, eBay’s new listing format does NOT display any bidder information. Nevertheless, we STRONGLY encourage bidders to contact us directly to answer questions or to verify correspondence. All of our vehicles are advertised locally and nationally using a variety of formats and often sell before the end of eBay listings. To secure a vehicle, please contact us.
Phone: 1-800-957-5707 or 314-993-7104
Financing Is Available--Trades Are Accepted!
Please call 1-800-957-5707 or 314-993-7104 with any questions or to discuss financing or transportation arrangements.
| IMAGES |
| TERMS OF SALE |
1. Please be advised that by placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding contract and are committed to purchasing the vehicle described above. The details of this commitment are further outlined in the eBay User Agreement.
2. Bidders with no feedback, negative feedback, or with bid retractions must contact St. Louis Car Museum staff directly in order to make purchase arrangements as all such bids may be subject to cancellation or rejection.
3. St. Louis Car Museum reserves the right to end its auctions early or to cancel bids solely at its discretion and shall not be held liable for any such cancellation or closure.
4. Winning bidders are required to contact St. Louis Car Museum within 24 hours of the auction's closing to secure the vehicle and to finalize the details of the transaction.
5. A $2,000 non-refundable deposit is required within 48 hours of auction's close to secure the vehicle and remove it from the market. Forms of acceptable payment for deposit are: credit card, bank wire transfer, cashiers check, and money order.
6. In the event that winning bidders are unable, either to contact St. Louis Car Museum, or to provide for deposit within established time frames, vehicles may be made available to other buyers on a first come, first serve basis.
7. St. Louis Car Museum has represented this vehicle to the best of its ability. Prospective bidders should nevertheless, feel free to contact us directly to provide information, respond to uncertainties, or answer any questions.
8. It is important to bear in mind that a vehicle is "New" only once and that all pre-owned vehicles, regardless of age, mileage, or manufacturer are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure. These understandings are essential to the realistic expectations of automobile ownership, and more so as concerns the fine materials and delicate tolerances of specialty, luxury, or high-performance cars. It is for this reason that we encourage a personal inspection prior to delivery to help ensure your satisfaction.
9. All vehicles are sold "AS IS" and with no warranties expressed or implied. In some instances vehicles will be offered for sale without the full compliment of accessories such as: tools, floor mats, cd magazines, navigation disks, owners manuals, or extra keys. Where these items are of special concern, please be sure to contact us to obtain a vehicle?s exact inventory of accessories.
10. Final or closing bid price does not include documentation fee, shipping, travel, nor tax, title, or registration. It is the purchaser's responsibility to provide for any federal, state, or local taxes, personal transportation costs, or shipping expenses resulting from the sale.
11. St. Louis Car Museum is glad to assist with shipping arrangements, but assumes no responsibility for damages or delays incurred once a vehicle is in a shipper's custody.
12. All issues, problems, or claims must be brought to St. Louis Car Museum within 24 hours of delivery or receipt of vehicle.
13. Provisions for personal or third party inspections and all due diligence are to take place prior to a vehicles shipment or delivery.
14. St. Louis Car Museum bears no liability and shall be held harmless for any complications, expenses, or damages resulting from a failure to meet these terms as they have been set forth and established herein.
| ABOUT ST. LOUIS CAR MUSEUM || CONTACT US |
| Established in 1991, St. Louis Car Museum and Sales has bought and sold thousands of special interest motorcars the world over. We specialize in high-line luxury and exotic sports cars, as well as, one of a kind collectibles. With a perfect business track record, our reputation is unchallenged in the industry. Buy with confidence! |
| Please call with any questions or to discuss financing or transportation arrangements. |
| RESOURCES |