'51 Chevy 3100 5 window Deluxe Cab short bed Pickup - Air Ride - driver
Selling for a friend, I can answer most questions or I will give you his phone # to call & ask ??'s.
READ EVERYTHING & ASK QUESTIONS.. OR SEE IT IN PERSON FOR INSPECTION.
This is a nice driver, Not a #1 show vehicle. I will explain any bad areas or things it may need.
Keep in mind this is still a nice truck, just not perfect.
It has been driven on several 550 + mile round trips.
It is recommended you see this truck in person if you can & ask ??'s
-Look at all the pictures, All Original Metal..
Original body California truck. Nice driver, not perfect. No replacement panels that we can see. Though it may have some surface rust on the underside and paint blemishes,nicks/scratches and some dings in the bed panels, it is very solid. Look at pictures for blemishes/bad paint areas..
It was built around 2003-2005 in Southern California and was NOT a full frame off restoration. Current owner bought it in 2008. This has been a very good driver and has approx. 12300 miles on it(estimate since build), over 7000 miles put on by current owner.
-It was featured in "Ten Trucks Magazine" (trucksmag.com) issue 43, April 2006.(copy of magazine will be included)
- GoodGuys Rod & Custom - Staff Pick in 2008
- rebuilt or crate 350 V8, 700r4 automatic trans.(approx. 12000 miles on eng./trans.), actual total miles is unknown. Engine is just a mild/stock 350(old receipt shows crate block purchase). Engine bay is nothing fancy as shown.
- Power steering(power rack), power brakes(disc/drum), Ididit chrome tilt column.
- TCI Mll front w/ tubular A-arms & drop spindles; 10 bolt rear(non posi) 2-link w/panhard bar,
- Air-Ride susp. front/rear, 5 gal. tank mounted under bed in rear.
- White faced Gauge Cluster(all work) & Speedometer(reads 10-12 mph less than actual speed)
- New - 17" & 18" Artillery wheels(alum. from WheelSmith), powder coated centers w/ polished lip
- New - 1937 hub caps(repo).
- New - Nitto tires; 245/45/18 rear & 225/50/17 front
- New - 4 row Aluminum radiator w/puller fan - runs 180-190 degrees in 100+ degree weather.
- Approx. 750 miles on new wheels/tires and radiator.
- Original Dieterich accessory windshield Sun Visor.
- Nice chrome/stainless trim inside & out. This truck has all the chrome trim you could have, even the lower seat box frame trim is chrome..
- Interior is grey leather or ultra leather. - Exterior color is a light blue metallic(it is a little darker than some of the pictures show).
- ** Things it may need or need that we know of;
*Radio does not work. *Heater is not hooked up. *No wiper motor. *Bed wood should be resealed. *Carpet shows wear. *Battery cover needs to be placed under carpet(doesn't latch correctly).
*Windshield will need to be reset or rubber gasket replaced. Owner noticed water weeping in at the corners of windshield when it was caught in the rain last year.
*Speedometer reads about 10-12 mph less than actual speed(change gear if you want).
*Rear diff. weeps a little fluid occasionally.
-*The paint as stated has some nicks, scratches, small rock chips & other blemishes. Interior paint is not perfect and thin in certain areas. *Interior of cab is not painted in the gas tank area behind seat. *Paint on some dash areas is flaked/chipped(around ignition hole & some of the dash knobs). *There are dings in the original bed panels on the inside of bed.
-* LOOK at pictures for some noticeable wear marks; I can only post 24 pictures max.
*Small paint bubbles & chrome loss on wing window trim - driver door.
*Rear fender(front lip), thin paint & chips - driver side.
*Front lower fender tear & touch up paint on lower running board - passenger side.
*Touch-up paint on chips in tailgate & bed panels. Dings in bed panels.
*Bedside top stake pocket holes were filled & show some paint crack lines.
**ALL THIS BEING SAID, IT IS STILL A NICE DRIVER THAT GETS PLENTY OF ATTENTION!!
If you need more pictures or info, contact me for owners phone number or I can answer ??'s..
- Clear Minnesota title in owners name.
** $500.00 Paypal Deposit is Due within 48 hrs. of Auction end. Final Payment in Cash or
when Certified Bank check is received & clear due at time winning bidder picks up vehicle.
Truck will not be released until full payment is received & cleared.
**Winning bidder is responsible for all Shipping..
** Truck is Sold As Is with No Warranty.
THIS TRUCK IS FOR SALE LOCALLY SO I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END AUCTION AT ANY TIME..
** IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU SEE THE TRUCK IN PERSON AND TALK TO THE OWNER.