Chevrolet Corvette 1964 Convertible Red on 2040-cars
Bethpage, New York, United States
For Sale By:owner
Number of Cylinders: 8
Trim: Red Convertible
Drive Type: 4 speed
Exterior Color: Red
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Interior Color: Red
Condition: Used: A vehicle is considered used if it has been registered and issued a title. Used vehicles have had at least one previous owner. The condition of the exterior, interior and engine can vary depending on the vehicle's history. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections. ...
- 1964 Red Convertible Corvette
- Have owned this car for the last 35 plus years
- Original Red Interior,
- Working items: windows and vent windows , Heater, Vents, door locks
- Not working: Clock, Radio, emergency brake not connected,
- Brakes good ( as good as they were back in 64 lol )
- Brake calipers good
- Water Pump Good
- New Fuel Pump
- New Master Cylinder
- New Tires have been ordered
- Frame, Wheel Wells, Front and Rear suspension have been cleaned up and painted
- Front end is solid and tight
- Could use new sway bar bushings
- All U- joints seem good
- 327/ 300 Horsepower
- Original AM/ FM Radio
- Factory Tint Wndows
- Engine Compartment Cleaned, can us some detailing, not bad,
- Engine re-built less then 10,000 miles ago..... Runs strong
- Clutch new with re-build
- Car was painted, Lacquer Stock Color twenty years ago, some minor issues, but overall the car shows well
- This car is not perfect, a great running , good looking car.......
- Convertible Top is white, no rips or holes, but is showing its age, was going to replace with a Black top
- Right front fender was in a slight fender bender, it was repaired and the Passenger Headlight Bucket is slightly out of alignment
- This was and is the only incident with the car
- Bumpers are straight, no dings or dents, two of them (chrome ) could be replaced
- Original Removable HardTop/ Red
- Reserve is set low
- Looking for a realistic selling price
- Thanks for your interest and any questions please call: office 516-735-6039, cell 516-909-2368
- Car is being listed locally and I reserve the right to end the auction early....
On May-05-13 at 20:57:30 PDT, seller added the following information:
Chevrolet Corvette for Sale
Auto Services in New York
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Wheels-Aligning & Balancing
Address: 1430 Lincoln Ave, Washington-Mills
Phone: (315) 735-6360
Used Car Dealers
Phone: (585) 645-8895
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 465 Nassau Ave, Roosevelt
Phone: (929) 224-0634
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 7428 Transit Rd, Lockport
Phone: (716) 634-9000
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 7420 Transit Rd, Lockport
Phone: (716) 634-3000
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Accessories
Address: 1 Orange Ave, Suffern
Phone: (845) 533-4400
Fri, 01 Mar 2013 08:46:00 EST
Our apologies to those who've seen this before, but for the rest of the class, how awesome are these pictures of the Vert-A-Pac shipping system General Motors came up with to ship the Chevrolet Vega back in the 1970s? Developed along with Southern Pacific Railroad, GM was able to double the amount of Vega models it could ship by packing them into the unique storage cars vertically.
Tue, 08 Apr 2014 13:58:00 EST
At the time, rail cars could fit 15 vehicles each, but Chevrolet was able to lower shipping costs by making it possible to ship 30 Vegas per rail car, in turn allowing the price of the Vega to remain as low as possible. Each rail car had 30 doors that would fold down so that a Vega could be strapped on, and then a forklift would come along and lift the door into place. All the cars were positioned nose down, and since they were shipped with all of their required fluids, certain aspects had to be designed specifically for this type of shipping, including an oil baffle in the engine, a special battery and even a repositioned windshield washer reservoir. See for yourself in our image gallery above.
The current wait time for a new Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is well, not short. With word of a strike at the Bowling Green, KY factory responsible for seventh-generation sports car, though, that wait time could end up growing substantially.
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:31:00 EST
Now, a strike is still a ways off. UAW Local 2164, which represents the 800 workers responsible for screwing the Corvette together, is set to vote on authorizing a strike today, but even if the employees give the action a go, it's far from a sure thing. According to The Tennessean, both regional and national union officials would need to put their stamp of approval on strike action.
"The membership has to vote to strike, but it's just a step in the process," said Gary Casteel, the UAW's Region 8 director and one of the people that would need to authorize a strike action. Casteel told The Tennessean, "It's purely a local situation, though. They are having some issues with the local management."
Four different General Motors vehicles from the 2012 model year are being recalled over a potential airbag issue. The driver's side airbag shorting bar in the 2012 Buick Verano and 2012 Chevrolet Camaro, Cruze and Sonic might make contact with the airbag terminals, even during a crash. If so, the airbag won't deploy when it should, possibly increasing injury to the driver.
The recall is expected to begin on February 13 for the 3,896 units that might be affected. GM will notify owners who can then take their vehicles to dealers to have the airbag coil replaced. A bulletin from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration below has more info.