1988 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 5.7l on 2040-cars
Arlington, Virginia, United States
I'm trying to give the best representation I can. If you have further questions or want more pictures, please let me know. It is in pretty good shape for a 25 year old vehicle.
Here is an album of 21 pictures: http://imgur.com/a/Q6hsb
- Garaged and rarely driven these days but was a daily driver for the first 10 years
- Good condition for 25 years old; runs fine, could use some tuning
- C5 Z06 Wheels installed + 1 set of 4 Chrome 1988 Wheels with Tires (to go with the car at no additional cost) *One of the chrome rims has a slight bend in the outer lip; all 4 have some pitting
- Digital Dash fully operational
- Headlights flip properly (replaced the bushings in the motors - no lazy eyes!)
- Smoke Glass Targa Top (Glass is “spiderwebbed” between the outer and inner layers but has been that way for 15+ years; structurally sound)
- Some spiderwebbing of the front and rear bumpers
- A small stress crack on the driver’s side of the hood near the latch
- Dash pad (top of dash) has a crack
- Needs stereo and speakers
- Replaced parts since I've owned the car:
- Catalytic Converter
- Mass Air Flow Sensor
- Steering Wheel
- Shift knob
- Fuel injectors
- Spark plugs
- Fuel pump
- other wearable/typical maintenance items like brake pads & rotors, distributor cap, etc...
Features & Bolt-Ons:
- Vortex Ram Air
- Hypertech Street Runner Power Chip
- Throttle Body Air Foil
- Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
- 180 Degree Thermostat
- Chambered Exhaust (Cat-back)
I got the car in upstate NY in 1998. While in NY, it was covered, under a carport, or garaged when not being driven and stored during winters. Since I've been in Arlington, it has been in an underground garage and occasionally taken for a ride. It has been a daily driver for most of my time with it. My plan was always to restore it and enjoy it but I just haven't had the time or facilities to make that happen. I'm hoping to find it a good home.
Shipping and Payment:
- $500 non-refundable deposit required within 48 hours of winning
- Full payment of the auction close price within 7 days of the end of the auction
- If paying by a form of check, car will not be released until check clears
- Pickup should occur within 7 days of full payment unless other arrangements are made
- Buyer is responsible for pickup or shipping
Chevrolet Corvette for Sale
- 08 corvette c6 ls3 z51 & 3lt package 28k miles auto runs/drives salvage loaded(US $17,000.00)
- 2003 chevrolet corvette 50th anniversary edition convertible 2-door 5.7l(US $16,500.00)
- 2011 supersonic blue grand sport, manual, 450whp, 16k miles, near mint, koni(US $41,000.00)
- C7 stingray(US $79,500.00)
- 2003 chevrolet corvette z06 coupe 50th anniversary 3900 miles mint l@@k 405hp+
- 2014 chevrolet corvette stingray z51 convertible triple black(US $84,500.00)
Auto Services in Virginia
New Car Dealers
Address: 1012 W Broad St, Manakin-Sabot
Phone: (804) 648-2831
Auto Repair & Service, Window Tinting, Draperies, Curtains & Window Treatments
Address: 10825 Trade Rd, Manakin-Sabot
Phone: (804) 744-2334
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Automobile Parts & Supplies
Address: 4610 Lassen Ln, Hartwood
Phone: (540) 891-5001
Auto Repair & Service, Towing
Address: 675 W Lee Hwy, Speedwell
Phone: (276) 617-2270
Auto Repair & Service, Auto Transmission, Automobile Diagnostic Service
Address: 22585 Markey Ct. Unit B, Hillsboro
Phone: (703) 988-6211
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Truck Equipment & Parts, Automobile Parts, Supplies & Accessories-Wholesale & Manufacturers
Address: 6105 Greenbelt Rd, Greenway
Phone: (301) 474-1030
Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:00:00 EST
Redesigning an icon is a difficult task, especially when you've got a blank sheet of paper in front of you and the all-new C7 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is intended to be your final objective.
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:15:00 EST
General Motors has released a new short video featuring Kirk Bennion of the Corvette's exterior design team, talking about the challenges of sculpting Chevrolet's new flagship sports car and the five goals the team had to keep in mind as it worked. In the end, Bennion's team had the pleasure of seeing their hard work take center stage as the Corvette captured the world's eyes at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this year.
We record Autoblog Podcast #313 tonight, and you can drop us your questions and comments regarding the rest of the week's news via our Q&A module below. Subscribe to the Autoblog Podcast in iTunes if you haven't already done so, and if you want to take it all in live, tune in to our UStream (audio only) channel at 10:00 PM Eastern tonight.
Wed, 06 Nov 2013 13:00:00 EST
Discussion Topics for Autoblog Podcast Episode #313
2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra introduced
We've talked about Pure Vision Design before, a California-based company that made waves at last year's SEMA show with its Martini-liveried, Indy-car-powered Ford Mustang. That same car later starred in a Petrolicious video we showed you just a few weeks back. The company's latest creation is a menacing car it calls the Pure Vision Design TT Camaro. Based on a 1972 model, this car shares the Martini Mustang's clean styling and obsession with details.
Unlike the Mustang, which draws its power from a mid-60s Lotus-Ford Indycar engine, the "TT" in this Camaro's name implies something far more potent. The Nelson Racing Engines 427-cubic-inch V8 has been fitted with a pair of turbochargers, with a claimed output of 1,400 horsepower. That's almost 1,000 more than the Martini Mustang.
A six-speed Magnum transmission dispatches that power to the ground, while Pirelli PZero tires are tasked with (somehow) trying to grip the road. Baer brakes hide behind those HRE rims, while JRI coilovers and HyperTech springs bless the Camaro with some degree of competency in the bends.