| THE MOST DESIRED OF THE CORVAIR MODELS, AND POSSIBLY THE MOST OPTIONED! TURBOCHARGED MONZA SPYDER CONVERTIBLE WITH A 4-SPEED AND POSI-TRACTION. WONDERFUL INVESTMENT POTENTIAL AND AN EXCELLENT ADDITION TO ANY COLLECTION OR THE PERFECT WAY TO START YOURS! |
| SPECIFICATIONS |
| Year || 1964 |
| Make || Chevrolet Corvair |
| Model || Monza Spyder |
| VIN || 40667W129565 |
| Mileage || 71897 |
| Engine || 164ci Turbo |
| Cylinders || Flat 6 |
| Transmission || 4 Speed |
| Title || Clear |
| Color || Red |
| Interior Color || Black |
| || |
| DESCRIPTION |
| The rarest and most collectable of the Corvair’s are the Monza Spyders! The Monza Spyder came equipped with the 150hp Turbocharged 164ci Flat-6, something Porsche would become famous for over a decade later! The air cooled engine sat aft of the passenger compartment and provided extra traction to the rear wheels. They came standard with manual folding convertible top, dual sunvisors, heavy duty clutch, directional signals, heater/defroster, locking glove box, front arm rest, and a cigar lighter. |
The beautiful 1964 Corvair Monza Spyder seen here is finished in Riverside Red with Black Vinyl interior and White convertible top. Including all the standard features, this car is very well optioned with 4-Speed manual, Posi-Trac Differential, Heavy Duty Air Cleaner, Heavy Duty Generator, Comfort/Convenience Equipment, Padded Dash, AM Radio, Deluxe Wire Wheel Covers, 2-speed electric wipers, and wood steering wheel. This car also has a rare full Spyder dash with Speedometer, Tachometer, Fuel Level, Manifold Pressure (boost gauge), Cylinder Temperature, and warning lights. Front driver and passenger Seat belts along with full size spare tire, jack and tool. Finned aluminum performance oil pan and valve covers by Clark’s Corvair have been installed and offer better cooling, higher oil capacity, and strengthen the engine block. A Crane Fireball ignition module was also installed along with a fireball coil and points. Also comes with several advertisements from 1960’s as well as owner’s manual and records all nicely organized in a binder.
This Corvair Monza Spyder is in wonderful original condition. Having had only one repaint, and still having its factory installed interior, it is a wonderful testament to how well this car was cared for. Having spent its life in dry southern climates it was stored in climate controlled environments in a prominent collection until 2012. The car was recently treated to a mechanical freshening, that included a new exhaust system, rebuild of the turbo charger and carburetor, new K&N air filter, new weather striping, new spark plugs and wires, new fuel filter, new belts, new 185/70R13 tires, new brake master cylinder and misc brake parts. This is an excellent driving car, and in great working order. All the gauges function, lights work, horn and wipers operate as they should and so on. Very solid southern car, with what appears to be all original sheet metal; if you look you can see the factory spot welds at the seams, a seldom seen but always appreciated trait! Lots of fun to drive or show, and when that turbo kicks in hold on! Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have. We are happy to assist in world wide transportation of the car if needed.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS:
In an effort to protect the eBay user information and to help ensure the authenticity of correspondence between St. Louis Car Museum and its bidders, eBay’s new listing format does NOT display any bidder information. Nevertheless, we STRONGLY encourage bidders to contact us directly to answer questions or to verify correspondence. All of our vehicles are advertised locally and nationally using a variety of formats and often sell before the end of eBay listings. To secure a vehicle, please contact us.
Phone: 1-800-957-5707 or 314-993-7104
Financing Is Available--Trades Are Accepted!
Please call 1-800-957-5707 or 314-993-7104 with any questions or to discuss financing or transportation arrangements.
| IMAGES |
| TERMS OF SALE |
1. Please be advised that by placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding contract and are committed to purchasing the vehicle described above. The details of this commitment are further outlined in the eBay User Agreement.
2. Bidders with no feedback, negative feedback, or with bid retractions must contact St. Louis Car Museum staff directly in order to make purchase arrangements as all such bids may be subject to cancellation or rejection.
3. St. Louis Car Museum reserves the right to end its auctions early or to cancel bids solely at its discretion and shall not be held liable for any such cancellation or closure.
4. Winning bidders are required to contact St. Louis Car Museum within 24 hours of the auction's closing to secure the vehicle and to finalize the details of the transaction.
5. A $2,000 non-refundable deposit is required within 48 hours of auction's close to secure the vehicle and remove it from the market. Forms of acceptable payment for deposit are: credit card, bank wire transfer, cashiers check, and money order.
6. In the event that winning bidders are unable, either to contact St. Louis Car Museum, or to provide for deposit within established time frames, vehicles may be made available to other buyers on a first come, first serve basis.
7. St. Louis Car Museum has represented this vehicle to the best of its ability. Prospective bidders should nevertheless, feel free to contact us directly to provide information, respond to uncertainties, or answer any questions.
8. It is important to bear in mind that a vehicle is "New" only once and that all pre-owned vehicles, regardless of age, mileage, or manufacturer are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure. These understandings are essential to the realistic expectations of automobile ownership, and more so as concerns the fine materials and delicate tolerances of specialty, luxury, or high-performance cars. It is for this reason that we encourage a personal inspection prior to delivery to help ensure your satisfaction.
9. All vehicles are sold "AS IS" and with no warranties expressed or implied. In some instances vehicles will be offered for sale without the full compliment of accessories such as: tools, floor mats, cd magazines, navigation disks, owners manuals, or extra keys. Where these items are of special concern, please be sure to contact us to obtain a vehicle?s exact inventory of accessories.
10. Final or closing bid price does not include documentation fee, shipping, travel, nor tax, title, or registration. It is the purchaser's responsibility to provide for any federal, state, or local taxes, personal transportation costs, or shipping expenses resulting from the sale.
11. St. Louis Car Museum is glad to assist with shipping arrangements, but assumes no responsibility for damages or delays incurred once a vehicle is in a shipper's custody.
12. All issues, problems, or claims must be brought to St. Louis Car Museum within 24 hours of delivery or receipt of vehicle.
13. Provisions for personal or third party inspections and all due diligence are to take place prior to a vehicles shipment or delivery.
14. St. Louis Car Museum bears no liability and shall be held harmless for any complications, expenses, or damages resulting from a failure to meet these terms as they have been set forth and established herein.
| ABOUT ST. LOUIS CAR MUSEUM || CONTACT US |
| Established in 1991, St. Louis Car Museum and Sales has bought and sold thousands of special interest motorcars the world over. We specialize in high-line luxury and exotic sports cars, as well as, one of a kind collectibles. With a perfect business track record, our reputation is unchallenged in the industry. Buy with confidence! |
| Please call with any questions or to discuss financing or transportation arrangements. |
| RESOURCES |