| MOST DESIRED YEAR FOR THE TRI-5 CHEVROLET CONVERTIBLES! MOST SOUGHT AFTER COLORS AND OPTIONS! MODERN V8 WITH 4-SPEED OVERDRIVE TRANSMISSION! POWER BRAKES, POWER STEERING, AND AIR CONDITIONING! |
| SPECIFICATIONS |
| Year || 1957 |
| Make || Chevrolet |
| Model || Bel Air Convertible |
| VIN || VC57J220940 |
| Mileage || 26,016 |
| Engine || 350ci |
| Cylinders || V8 |
| Transmission || Automatic |
| Title || Clear |
| Color || Onyx Black |
| Interior Color || Red/Silver |
| || |
| DESCRIPTION |
| An icon in American automotive design known throughout the world! Considered the junior Cadillac to consumers, it possessed the classic 1950’s rear fins, plenty of trim to polish from front to back, and a very handsome look overall! Chevrolet called it “Sweet, Smooth, and Sassy!” in their advertising copy. Words that continue to ring true today, and a perfect embodiment of young mid-Fifties America! |
We are delighted to offer this 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible finished in desired Onyx Black over code correct Red & Silver interior with matching Black convertible top! This highly optioned example comes with all the desired looks and charm of a stock Bel Air, but hides an upgraded drivetrain underneath its original exterior! Powered by a crate 350ci V8 fitted with an original GM intake and Rochester Quadrajet carburetor, Turbo-Hydramatic 700R4 4-speed overdrive transmission, and original 1957 rear end! Options include air conditioning, power front brakes, power rack & pinion steering, 14” wheels with full spinner wheel covers, rear fender skirts, rocker trim, dual rear antennas, dual outside mirrors, door handle paint protectors, brand new dual exhaust, electric wipers, front/rear seatbelts, trumpeted exhaust, original AM radio with fender-mounted antenna, and so much more!
The exterior paint was beautifully refinished in high gloss black (originally Coronado Yellow) and looks excellent! In addition, all four steel wheels were fitted with brand new Coker Classic radial tires accented perfectly by full wheel covers with decorative spinners! Under the hood, you will see it nicely detailed with only the dual master brake booster, chrome air cleaner & valve covers, and modern air conditioning components giving any hints to the changes underneath!
This Bel Air convertible runs down the road superbly! The air conditioner blows cold and the factory gauges are all functional. It shifts super smooth and the power rack & pinion steering offers effortless lane management and parking maneuverability! If you have been looking for a car that fulfills the experience of driving a classic 1950’s convertible, but needed the extra confidence of a more modern drivetrain, this car should head straight to the top of your list! This Bel Air provides an outstanding opportunity for the astute collector and driver enthusiast! Please feel free to call with additional questions. Thanks for looking!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS:
In an effort to protect the eBay user information and to help ensure the authenticity of correspondence between St. Louis Car Museum and its bidders, eBay’s new listing format does NOT display any bidder information. Nevertheless, we STRONGLY encourage bidders to contact us directly to answer questions or to verify correspondence. All of our vehicles are advertised locally and nationally using a variety of formats and often sell before the end of eBay listings. To secure a vehicle, please contact us.
Phone: 1-800-957-5707 or 314-993-7104
Financing Is Available--Trades Are Accepted!
Please call 1-800-957-5707 or 314-993-7104 with any questions or to discuss financing or transportation arrangements.
| IMAGES |
| TERMS OF SALE |
1. Please be advised that by placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding contract and are committed to purchasing the vehicle described above. The details of this commitment are further outlined in the eBay User Agreement.
2. Bidders with no feedback, negative feedback, or with bid retractions must contact St. Louis Car Museum staff directly in order to make purchase arrangements as all such bids may be subject to cancellation or rejection.
3. St. Louis Car Museum reserves the right to end its auctions early or to cancel bids solely at its discretion and shall not be held liable for any such cancellation or closure.
4. Winning bidders are required to contact St. Louis Car Museum within 24 hours of the auction's closing to secure the vehicle and to finalize the details of the transaction.
5. A $2,000 non-refundable deposit is required within 48 hours of auction's close to secure the vehicle and remove it from the market. Forms of acceptable payment for deposit are: credit card, bank wire transfer, cashiers check, and money order.
6. In the event that winning bidders are unable, either to contact St. Louis Car Museum, or to provide for deposit within established time frames, vehicles may be made available to other buyers on a first come, first serve basis.
7. St. Louis Car Museum has represented this vehicle to the best of its ability. Prospective bidders should nevertheless, feel free to contact us directly to provide information, respond to uncertainties, or answer any questions.
8. It is important to bear in mind that a vehicle is "New" only once and that all pre-owned vehicles, regardless of age, mileage, or manufacturer are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure. These understandings are essential to the realistic expectations of automobile ownership, and more so as concerns the fine materials and delicate tolerances of specialty, luxury, or high-performance cars. It is for this reason that we encourage a personal inspection prior to delivery to help ensure your satisfaction.
9. All vehicles are sold "AS IS" and with no warranties expressed or implied. In some instances vehicles will be offered for sale without the full compliment of accessories such as: tools, floor mats, cd magazines, navigation disks, owners manuals, or extra keys. Where these items are of special concern, please be sure to contact us to obtain a vehicle?s exact inventory of accessories.
10. Final or closing bid price does not include documentation fee, shipping, travel, nor tax, title, or registration. It is the purchaser's responsibility to provide for any federal, state, or local taxes, personal transportation costs, or shipping expenses resulting from the sale.
11. St. Louis Car Museum is glad to assist with shipping arrangements, but assumes no responsibility for damages or delays incurred once a vehicle is in a shipper's custody.
12. All issues, problems, or claims must be brought to St. Louis Car Museum within 24 hours of delivery or receipt of vehicle.
13. Provisions for personal or third party inspections and all due diligence are to take place prior to a vehicles shipment or delivery.
14. St. Louis Car Museum bears no liability and shall be held harmless for any complications, expenses, or damages resulting from a failure to meet these terms as they have been set forth and established herein.
| ABOUT ST. LOUIS CAR MUSEUM || CONTACT US |
| Established in 1991, St. Louis Car Museum and Sales has bought and sold thousands of special interest motorcars the world over. We specialize in high-line luxury and exotic sports cars, as well as, one of a kind collectibles. With a perfect business track record, our reputation is unchallenged in the industry. Buy with confidence! |
| Please call with any questions or to discuss financing or transportation arrangements. |
| RESOURCES |