1986 ALFA ROMEO Spider Veloce with 72K miles.
Power windows and mirrors; Heat/AC – works well; AM/FM CD Player w/removable face plate; Remote fuel and trunk release (inside driver door).
Subtle performance enhancements make this car run stronger than most Spiders, without being a harsh ride. Very nice exhaust note to pair with the smooth 2.0L Italian engine. This is a turn-key car, everything works as it should including cold AC.
Cosmetically, NO RUST or cracks in dash. Repaint is 10 years old and makes this more of a 5 footer, some minor dings with minimal scrape on passenger front and rear bumper, but need to look close to see. With the blue ghost stripes and monochrome appearance, this car gets some notice.
See list of recent work and enhancements below.
2004 (performance modifications by Besic Motorsports – Chicago)
- racing cam
- headers and exhaust
- 5 star 16x7 wheels (serpent autosports in SoCal Type 3) w/Pirelli tires
- replace shocks (Koni yellow); front springs, upper ball joints, T bar bushings, trailing arm bushings, fr/rr sway bars, rebuild idler arm
- paint black (original color; removed most badging; painted bumpers, mirrors, w/blue wide ghost stripes)
- Leather covered steering wheel
- Leather covered shift knob
- In dash CD player/removable faceplate
- Replace fuel pump, fuel level sender
- Replace electronic ignition
- upgrade fuses to blade style
- Newer Graduate seats (more comfortable than Veloce)
- AC conversion to R134
- New battery (Optima Red)
- New/reconditioned alternator
- Replace all fuel lines
- Replace radiator (reconditioned) and hoses
- Replace door weather stripping, both sides
- R&R brake master cyclinder
- R&R diff seal
- Coolant system flush
- New floor mats
- Reposition fuel pump
- Replace fuel filter
- Replace catalytic converter
- Boot/Toneau cover
- Original steering wheel and all manuals/diagnostic charts
- After market performance air filter assembly (not installed)
- Headlight relay kit from IAP (not installed)